A new beginning

When we got up the steps the man Ste pounced on me for a hug, he was very charming and very excited. He told us it would take about twenty minutes of preparations before we were off. Dimitri took me on inside followed by the group. The inside of the plane was amazing, cream coloured leather seats surround two tables towards the front of the plane – further back there where some individual recliners seats and some sofas surrounding a flat screen TV mounted on the wall. This looked like it could fit about twenty people in comfort.

      For the majority of the flight I sat with Rob and Cas talking and laughing. Nadia joined our table after about an hour claiming she was sick and tired of hearing Mark argue with Dimitri. We didn’t mind, in fact I wanted to interrogate her anyway, I do still consider Mark to be my best friend and no one less than perfect for him!

     But Nadia easily passes that test. She seems a little too good to be true, she is smart, pretty, and exceptionally nice and not to mention she is hot! But the entire time I have been talking to her I can’t help but feel like she is hiding something. Maybe it’s nothing but I think I need to get to know her a little better.

      By the time six hours had passed Cas and Rob were fast asleep on one of the sofas. Nadia was sprawled on Marks chest also fast asleep but Mark was wide awake and scrolling through his phone. When Dimitri had told me to get some rest I had immidetly protested that I was too excited and or nervous to sleep – but as usual he was right; within the hour I was fast asleep on his shoulder.

---

“Clara wake up, we’re here” I hear being whispered softly into my ear. Threw groggy sleep filled eyes I glance up to Dimitri who is smiling sweetly down at me. I turn to look around the plane at Cas and Rob rubbing their eyes and stretching their somewhat stiff limbs.

I move my own tired body and check everything back into working order while I hear a little ‘ding’ from the plane.

“that’s the seatbelt warning, we’re about to land” Dimitri Whispers to me. Still drowsy I connect the seat belt around my waist. Dimitri rubs my shoulder as the planes decent becomes more drastic. My stomach flips a little at the falling sensation and my ears begin to pop – I hold my nose and puff out my cheeks to prevent it and I hear Dimitri laugh at my face.

“What? I hate that feeling” I demand at him, he just laughs

“You look ridiculous” I would argue but I really have no case here.

“Ladies, Gentlemen and little monsters! Welcome to Rome” Ste’s happy voice sings over the intercom followed a few seconds later by a bounce and the sound of the tires touching down.

Quickly I turn round to the small window beside my seat and look out at the late day sky; a dark orange with the sun looking like it is ready to set but is holding on long enough for us to arrive. Slowly the plane rolls to a halt and in the distance I can see three cars with two people standing in front of them. The girl and boy with the turquoise hair who has made themselves scarce this entire flight runs from out of nowhere and begins to open the door and sort out the stairs. Meanwhile I get to my feet and stretch my folded body.

Dimitri walks on to the door. From the corner of my eye I see the two crew stand back and bow to him, he just lifts a hand and smiles like before. I run up behind him and peer round his shoulder at the scene that awaits us. He leads us out of the door. As soon as I step out of the plane I walk into a wall of heat mixed with exotic smells. It feels so nice.

As each of us files down the stairs we stand in a semi-circle around the two people I can only expect to be our escorts.

A woman stands in front of us while the man has his back turned to us and is talking on a phone.