Part 143 ~ An Unexpected Twist

~ Jaden's point of view ~

It's 10pm . . . I heavy-heartedly tell Julianna that I can't stay. She doesn't quite understand why and asks me why I'm preparing to leave so early. I can't risk another fight with dad . . . I just can't. He wants to take me HOME . . . and he wants to take me to Vegas . . . I don't wanna ruin it again. . . . I don't regret coming here to Julianna . . it's all I wanted . . . but I have to get the hell out of here before dad finds out . . . I sometimes forget how smart he is . . . . 

"A house party? . . whose house party are you going to?"

"To be completely honest, I have no idea . . . but I gotta leave . . please forgive me"

"You can't leave . . . . we haven't seen each other in so long . . . baby, please stay" She begs. 

I grab her face and kiss her passionately. She wraps her arms around me and pulls me back onto the bed where we continue to make out even more . . . I can't stay . . . my heart is pounding so hard. All I see is dad's disappointed face right in front of me. I write my new number on a piece of paper and put it on her night table. 

"Call me . . . . ok?"

I try to get up . . Julianna wraps her arms around me again. I'm now on top of her . . . she puts her hands on my back and wraps her legs around my hips. "I need you, sweetie . . . just one more time before you leave" She begs. I lower myself on top of her and start kissing her neck. I see in the corner of my eye that she's smiling . . . brighter than ever. I love this woman so much . . . I couldn't even being to explain.

"I don't want you to go to this house party . . . . please stay . . . ."

"Babe, I wish I could . . . but dad thinks he's gonna pick me up at a house party toinght. . I have to call my friend Taran and actually go to a house party now . . . . my dad is smart . . . I have to get out of here as fast as I can . . . . it breaks my heart but I have to . . . ."

"I love you Jaden . . . I'm so happy you came"

"I had to . . . I was missing you so badly . . . please understand that I have to leave . . . my dad would kill me if he knew were I was right now . . . . and he wants to take me to Vegas . . . VEGAS . . . I always wanted to go to Vegas with him and now he's finally taking me! . . . . call me tonight, ok? . . call me in an hour . . . we will see each other again . . . I promise you . . . I'll do anything in my power to make that happen"

Tears start building up in her eyes . . . and in mine too . . I hate leaving her . . . but I have to. We kiss each other goodbye one last time . . . she walks me downstairs to the door and gives me one last tight squeeze. 

"Please take care of you, honey . . . and please take this in case something happens . . . use it for emergency only, alright?"

"A credit card? . . . ."

"Yes . . . there's a 500 dollar limit . . . . please use it for emergency only"

"I can't take this . . . . . I really can't . . ."

"Please take it . . . I feel much better knowing you're safe at night . . wherever you are . . . I love you Jaden . . . you need to know that . . . I really do . . . . . and don't you forget that I trust you . . . . don't fool around with other girls . . ."

"I definitely won't . . . with you I got everything I want"

She shoves the credit card in my jeans pocket and kisses me.

"I'll call you, honey . . . . take care"

"I will . . . . you too . . . . I love you"

I run out of the house and call Taran. I tell him about the whole thing with dad so that he understands what's going on. I'm waiting at the bus stop for him to pick me up. . . . Gosh . . . . I do feel weird though . . . Taran has feelings for me . . . how f*cking weird is that? . . . but I guess it comes in handy now that I need him to help me out . . . . I'm not saying I wanna use him or anything but . . . . . when it's working, why not? . . 15 minutes later he arrives at the bus stop. I get in the car and thank him for coming. He changed clothes . . . I wonder why . . . .

"Jaden, I hope you realize that you're getting yourself in a whole lot of sh*t again. . . and I'm in the middle of it . . I don't like that . . . if your dad finds out, I don't want you to even mention me . . . as far as he's concerend, I never drove you anywhere and I never picked you up . . . you understand??"

"Yea . . . don't worry . . ."

"I can't believe we're going to an imaginary house party . . . what were you thinking? seriously!"

"I don't knowwwww . . . now chill . . . why are you yelling at me? . . it's not my fault!! . . I told Jaylah to tell our parents that I'm hanging out with you tonight . . . at a house party. . . . and for some reason dad wants to pick me up and take me home TONIGHT. . . . . I didn't know that . . . . it was supposed to be a surprise . . . . so I told Jaylah to make them believe that I'm at a house party with you . . . . . ."

"And again, you're lying to your parents"

"What else am I supposed to do, Taran??"

"Well, for one . . you could stop lying and making up things that aren't true!!"

"I have to lie when it comes to Julianna, ok?! . . I can't be with her!!! I have to lie!!! otherwise I can't spend a single second with her, don't you understand???"

"Whatever, Jaden . . . ."

"Whose party are we going to?" I ask. Taran looks at me.

"Why should I know? . . no one is having a house party on a sunday!"

"Well . . . then we have to have a house party! . . come on . . . you gotta help me out here!! my dad thinks I'm at a house party with you right now . . . please . . . play a long with me . . ."

"I don't know, Jade . . . . . this is making me feel very uncomfortable"

I tell him to stop the car on the side of the road. . . . I look deep into his eyes. This is freakin' awkward but I know he likes my cologne . . . I might as well get a good use out of it and make him weak with it . . . . Taran says he has feelings for me . . . if he really does then this is gonna make him weak. . . . . I move a little closer to him.

"Jaden, what are you doing?"

"Nothing . . . I just want you to check if my cologne is still noticable"

He smells my neck "Yea, it is. . . . I still smell it"

"Really? . . do you think I need more?"

"No . . you got plenty on there . . . ."

"Taran, please. . . . invite a couple of our friends and let's have the party at your house . . . my dad doesn't know that YOU are the one having the party . .  it doesn't matter . . . as long as this imaginary house party is actually happening . . . . please . . . . I'm scared out of my mind . . my dad could find out about Julianna and me. . . . I'm begging you . . . ."
___________

We're at Taran's house now . . . we invited a couple of friends from school and a few girls are gonna be here too . . . it's gonna be a whole thing, with music and snacks and everything. I'm really thankful that Taran is doing this for me . . . . I do feel bad that I'm kinda using him, but what can I do? . . I need this . .  and I know he'll do it. And now I know why he does everything for me. . . . the guy's got a thing for me . . at this point, I think I could get anything from him. The ''bisexual situation'' with Taran is awkward as hell but he couldn't have told me at a better time . . .

I send Jaylah a text message with Taran's address and tell her to let dad know that he can pick me up around midnight . . . this is f*cking great! dad will not suspect a thing! . . . everything is going as planned . . . I'm a genius!

All our friends arrived . . it's 10:55pm. Taran's parents are away on business. I can't believe in how much luck I am right now . . . it's almost frightening! We're sitting in the living room, having a good time. Some of my very good friends are here . . . I'm happy to see them all. It's been a while. They all know about me and Julianna . . and they think it's badass . . . . of course they do . . . Julianna is a knock out! . . . I'm lucky to have her . . . yes . . . I HAVE HER . . . the girl is mine and now we're officially together. I'm so in love with her . . . . . I can't wait to see her again. 

Jaylah just sent me a text message . . . 

"Dad is gonna pick you up at Taran's house around midnight!"
______________

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

It's 11:50pm . . I just parked the car in front of Taran's house. Looks like there's a really big party going on in there. I knock on the door and wait for someone to open. A pretty, blonde girl opens the door. Her mouth falls open . . .she even takes a step back. 

"Wow . . . . for a second I thought you were Jaden! . . you must be his dad"

"I am . . . is he here?"

"Yea . . please come in!"

I walk inside . . . the music is loud, I can hardly hear myself talk. The blonde girl takes my arm and leads me to a room down the hallway. 

"Jaden is in there . . . you wanna have a drink?"

"No thank you . ."

She walks away giggling shyly . . . I open the door and walk in . . a bunch of boys are in here playing video games . . including my little boy. Taran stops the game . . everybody looks at me. 

"Hey dad" 

"Hey . . . nice party you guys got going here . . . but there are a bunch of really pretty girls in the livingroom . . what are you guys doing in here??" They all laugh. . . . Jaden gets up and greets me with a hug. Wow . . I wasn't expecting that. He walks me out to the kitchen and offers me a soda. 

"I got a little surprise for you at home :) . . . it isn't actually little . . well, yea . . it is . . but you'll see what I mean when we get home. . . I can't wait for you to see it, Jaden!"

"A surprise for me?"

"Yea :) . . . can we leave? . . I can't wait to show you"

"Yea . . I just gotta use the bathroom really quick . . wait in the car for me, alright? . . my sports bag is on the couch in the living room . . . can you get it?"

"Yea sure"

I walk into the living room . . I grab Jaden's sports bag and walk out to the car. Just as I'm about to throw it on the backseat of the car, I feel Jaden's phone vibrating. I put the sports bag down and look inside . . . someone's calling him . . it could be Ariana or even grandma . . . I grab the phone and look at the display . . . . "Sweetheart is calling" . . . who's his sweetheart? . . does he have a girlfriend? . . how adorable! I bet it's one of the cute girls in the living room . . it's gotta be . . . I'm so glad he's finally over Julianna . . I couldn't be happier. Our lives are finally getting back to normal. Taran comes walking out of the house . . . I give him a smile. 

"Nice party"

"Thanks Mr.Jackson . . . I just came out here to say goodbye to Jaden . . where is he?"

"I think he's still inside . . he had to use the bathroom"

A few seconds later he comes walking out with a smile on his face. . . but for some reason his smile quickly fades when I ask him who the person on his phone was that he named ''Sweetheart''  . . . .

"It's him!!" Jaden yells out of nowhere.

"Huh? . . . it's him, who? . . ."

"It's . . . it's . . Taran!"

"What? . . . what are you talking about?" 

"Sweetheart'' on my phone . . . it's Taran . . . it's him . . an no one else!" Taran looks at Jaden with a confused look on his face. "Sweetheart on your phone is Taran?" I ask in confusion.

". . .Yea" Jaden answers nervously.

"Hold on a minute. . . I'm a little confused here . . the person named ''Sweetheart'' on your phone who just called is Taran?" I ask again, loud and clearly to make sure he understood my question.

"Yea . . . . .  we . . . . we . . . are a couple . . aren't we?" Jaden asks, looking at Taran.

"You . . you two are a couple?. . . . ." 

"Yea . . . . Taran is my sweetheart . . I spent all night here with him!!"

"Ouuuukey . . . . . . is this a joke?"

"No . . . . . . why?"

"Well . . . . it's a tiny bit hard for me to believe . . Jaden, I didn't know you were . . .you know? . . I didn't know . . . . how come you never told me?"

"I didn't tell you because . . . I . . . I wasn't sure how you would react . . ."

~ Jaden's point of view ~ 

WHAT THE ACTUAL F*CK AM I DOING HERE?!! . . . I can't believe I'm going this far to distract dad from the phone call . . . . it's Julianna . . she called . . . . . I can't let dad know!!!!! . . . I must distract him with something HUGE . . and I believe there is no bigger distraction than this . . . . ugh! . . . but I gotta do a whole lot of explaining for Taran later . . . . . . . ugh, f*ck . . . . I could slap myself black and blue right now. But I know Taran will play along . . . of course. . . after his confesstion today . . I'm sure he will.

I grab my phone and put it in my jeans pocket. A few seconds later it starts vibrating . . that's Julianna again . . . . thank god it's just on vibrate . . . . dammmit . . . what a bad timing for her to call . . . and I thank the lord that dad didn't pick up the phone . . . . . he usually does. My heart is pounding so hard right now . . . I see Julianna and me in bed together having sex . . . I feel so guilty and bad for it . . . especially now that dad actually decided to take me back home earlier than we planned . . . he misses me . . . . he wants me back home . . . . and I had sex with Julianna earlier tonight . . . . . . if he knew he would get her arrested and KILL ME. He would send me off to germany or switzerland . . . or maybe mars.

"Wow . . Jaden . . I . . I don't know what to say . . I'm a little confused . . . you never told me about this . . . are you serious?" Dad asks. The vibration in my jeans pocket is driving me crazy. Julianna please stop calling right now . . . I'm begging you . . . it's not a good time. I swallow hard and nod. 

"Yea . . . I'm . . . serious . . . . . I like boys now. . ."

I can't believe I'm able to lie like that with a straight face . . . . I'm so disturbed by the thought of Taran and I together . . . . I can't believe I'm doing this . . . . oh man, I'm desperate.

"You guys are kidding with me . . . right?" Dad asks, laughing.

"No . . dad . . . . I'm not kidding . . ."

What Taran does next, I would've never expected him to do. And I actually freakin' HATE him for it. He turns to me and kisses me on the f*cking mouth . . . what the f*ck is he doing??? why did he do that??? WHY DID HE F*CKING KISS ME?!!!!!! . . . ewww . . . . freakin' ewwww. But I have to play along . . . if I make this believable enough, Julianna will never cross dad's mind again. The look on his face is priceless . . . I have no idea what's going through his mind right now . . . but one thing's for sure. . . I'm home free.

~ to be continued ~