Part 110 ~ The Twins' Birthday Weekend Part 13

Saturday Evening 
The Twins' Birthday Party
_______________

~ Ariana's point of view ~ 

All the guests have arrived. Jaylah's friends are here . . Jaden's friends are here . . Adrien, Jeff and Shane just joined us too . . Michael's parent's, my parents . . grandma Claire . . Carli, Felicia and Selena, Laura and Ricky . . the whole crew is here and everybody is having a great time. I'm glad the family drama is finally over . . for all of us. Michael and I had a long talk this afternoon . . he apologized for being so overly sensitive. . and I apologized for throwing him out of the bedroom . . . but I don't wanna think about all that anymore . . it's the kids' 16th birthday party and I want them to have a great time. No fighting between Michael and I tonight . . and hopefully never, ever again. I can't wait for Michael to tell Jaylah that he's gonna take her to Italy. . she's gonna freak.

Jaylah is enjoying Braxton's company . . they look cute talking to each other. Michael is sitting on the other couch keeping an eye on her. I bring a huge plate of baked goodies into the living room . . it doesn't take long for it all to be eaten away . . but that's alright, there's plenty of everything for everybody.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table talking to Michael's parents about the pregnancy. They're thrilled to be getting another grandchild. Michael and I wanna be surprised this time . . we don't wanna find out the sex of the baby . . that was his idea.

"Are you drinking wine, Ariana??" Kathrine asks in shock.

"No Kate . . that's apple juice . . haha"

"Oh thank god . . I was worried there for a second"

I look over at Michael . . what the heck is he doing over there talking to Braxon? wasn't the boy sitting with Jaylah not even a minute ago? . . Michael needs to learn how to keep his nose out of his daughter's business . . he did it with Chris and I know he's gonna do it again with Braxton. 

I really hope the two of them will find a way to each other . . . they are so adorable together. Braxton is a real cutiebear. A black young male, light brown eyes . . short hair. . tall . . he's really handsome. Speaking of handsome . . . where is Jaden? 

~ Michael's point of view ~

Braxton seems ok. I know he's a nice dude but still . . I need to find out more about him. I don't want my girl to get her heart broken again . . it happened with Chris, I don't want it to happen again with Braxton. The thought that he had sex with her makes me boil inside but I know I have to learn how to live with that. She's old enough now to decide on her own what she wants to do . . . I can't keep her from being with a boy . . I wish I could.

"You know Braxton . . I know how it is when you're 16, you know? I know how tempting it is to be with a bunch of girls at the same time but it's not cool . . I'm telling you all that because Jaden likes to play that way and since you're his best friend I assume you-"

Braxton interrups me in the middle of my sentence.

"I know Jaden likes to do that . . but I don't . . well . . to be honest, I used to play around with girls too but that is over . . I'm honest with you Mr.Jackson . . I really enjoy talking to Jaylah, I always did. . there is no reason for you to worry . . I'm not going to lead her on . . . I like her"

"How much on a sclae of 1-10?"

"MICHAEL!" 

I turn around. It's the wifey . . . 

"Yes, love?" 

"What are you doing talking to Braxton??"

"I'm just talking to him . . ."

"Can I see you in the kitchen please?"

We walk into the kitchen . . I know what she's is gonna say now. . she's gonna look me deep in the eye and she's gonna tell me to stay away from Braxton . . . bla bla . . the whole thing. 

"Stay away from Braxton! he's Jaylah's business, not yours!"

"Jaylah is my business, sweetheart . . that makes Braxton my business too"

"No honey . . . please just stay out of it, ok?"

"But would you please look at him?? he seems so grown up . . he's tall . . he's got a light mustache . . he's . . he's a man!"

"Oh, wow! thanks for telling me that, Michael . . I didn't know"

"You know what I mean . . he's so grown up . . oh god!! he just kissed her!!!! did you see that? I just looked over to the couch . . he kissed her on the mouth . . on the mouth, Ariana!! here . . (points at his lips) right on the mouth!"

"I know what a mouth is . . . relaxxxxx, will you?"

"Alright . . I'm gonna relax but if they disappear tonight you know what they're gonna be doing, Ariana . . they're gonna be upstairs doing it . . . behind our backs . . . getting it on . ."

"Michael, you are such a-"

"Dad?" . . I turn around. . . it's Jaylah.

"Dad . . can I ask you something?"

"Sure . . what is it, sweetheart?"

"Can we talk alone . . .?"

We walk outside on the patio . . I wonder what Jaylah wants to talk to me about. I hope she's not mad at me for talking to Braxton . . we sit down on the deckchairs together. She seems a little nervous . . 

"Dad . . . I talked to Chris . ."

"Chris? . . you're ex boyfriend?"

"Yea . . . he called . . and he wants to come over . . ."

"He wants to come over? . . I thought you guys broke up?"

"We did . . but . . I think he wants to talk and . . . get back together"

"But you're talking to Braxton now . . . he kissed you . . didn't he?"

"Yea . . he did . . and I liked it . . but now that Chris called, I don't know what to do . . should I invite him so we can talk? . ."

"Sweetheart . . . it is your decision . . but I want to remind you that he broke your heart really bad, don't you remember? . . he did it once . . chances are he will do it again . . ."

"That's why I'm so confused, dad . . . I think I still like him . . now that I heard his voice on the phone, I don't know how to feel . . I think I wanna see him . ."

~ Jaden's point of view ~

My friends and I are down the street waiting for another friend to arrive. He's got the new playstation game we all wanna play. Dad was gonna get it for me but it was sold out everywhere . . Taran has it and he's gonna bring it. . and a bunch of extra controllers so that we can all play together. 

"Hey Jaden . . wasn't that just Jaylah's ex boyfriend, Chris?" Braxton asks.

"Where?"

"He just walked into the house . . ."

"I don't know . . I didn't see him . . did he really?"

"Yeah . . . are they back together? . . . ." 

~ Jaylah's point of view ~ 

Chris just came . . . I can't believe that he's here. I didn't expect him to come . . . we walk up to my room and sit down on the bed. Chris gently hugs me and starts kissing me. I go with it and kiss him back. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him close. . it feels so good to kiss him . . . I really missed his sweet aroma.

"I'm sorry I cheated, babe . . . I regret it so bad" He whispers.

"You do? . . ."

"Yea . . . will you give me another chance?"

"I . . "

The door opens . . it's Jenna. She walks in and tells me that Braxton is looking for me. I tell her to wait down in the living room . . as soon as she closes the door, Chris asks who Braxton is . . I tell him he's Jaden's friend . . and nothing more.

"Why is he looking for you?" Chris asks.

"I . . I don't know . . ."

"Your mom made some delicious food . . can we go down and get some?"

"Ummm . . . sure . . ."

We walk downstairs . . Jenna is sitting on the couch waiting for me to explain the situation with Chris. I wish I could explain it to her . . . but I can't even explain it to myself. Chris gets himself something to eat and sits down . . god, the tension in here right now is making me feel hot . . I need fresh air. 

Jaden and Braxton walk in from the patio . . . f*ck . . . Jaden looks at me and Chris sitting here on the couch . . and so does Braxton. This couldn't be more uncomfortable. They sit down on the other couch and grab a bite to eat . . . . 

I whisper Chris to please excuse me and leave the livingroom with Jenna. She pushes me into the bathroom, waiting for me to finally tell her what's going on with Chris. I tell her about the phonecall . . .

"And what about Braxton? you like him! you had sex with him!!!"

"Yea I did . . and I do like him . . ."

"Of course you do!! Chris cheated! what the hell is he doing here, Jaylah? you deserve better!! . . he cheated once and he will do it again, I'm telling you! get his ass out of here!"

"Jenna . . Chris apologized . . he said he regrets that he cheated!"

"He's an asshole and you know he is!!! how could you invite him!!? we had so much fun with Jaden and Braxton!! . . you're ruining the whole party!!!"

"Ruining the whole party? . . I'm not ruining anything! this is my birthday by the way and I decide who I wanna invite!!! . . what's your problem, girl?!!"

"My problem is that Chris is a cheater and Braxton is better!!!"

"Maybe he changed. . ."

"Yea maybe . . . but maybe not . ."

"I really don't know why you're making such a big deal!"

"Ummm . . well . . MAYBE BECAUSE BRAXTON IS OUT THERE AND YOU KISSED HIM NOT EVEN 10 MINUTES AGO!!! maybe that's why, Jaylah!!!"

"Jaden told me that I shouldn't fall in love with Braxton because he's no good either!!! . . he told me that he's a heartbreaker and proud of it! that's what Jaden told me, ok?!! . . I told you that already!! why shouldn't I give Chris another chance?!! . . people make mistakes! . . we're human! everybody makes mistakes!"

"Chris IS a mistake, Jaylah!!!"

"Jenna . . I don't like the way you talk about him . . ."

"You what??"

"Yea . . you heard me . . I don't want you talking about Chris that way . . maybe we will get back together and maybe it'll work out this time . . if you're my friend you'll respect my decision!"

"Well Jaylah . . if you're my friend you would listen to me!!!!"

"And if you're my friend you would let me make my own decisions!!!"

"You know what?!! fine . . give Chris another chance to cheat on you!!!"

"He will not!!"

"Oh yes he will and you know what? I'm gonna be the one saying I TOLD YOU SO!"

"Fine!!"

"FINE!!" 

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

I don't know what the two girls just did in the bathroom but they both don't look very happy. Jaylah takes Chris hand and walks out to the patio with him . . Jenna shakes her head, rolling her eyes at them. . . hmmm . . it's clear to me now what's going on . . but I'm not going to interfere . . if she needs me, she can come talk to me but I'm not going to stick my nose into this . . . . 

or maybe I should? . . no I shouldn't. . . . or should I?

Jaylah comes back inside without Chris . . . where did he go? . . did he leave already? the look on Jaylah's face explains everything . . oh man . . . I was really hoping this night would be fun for the kids . . no troubles, no fighting . . . Jaylah grabs her purse and jacket and puts on her shoes. 

"Jaylah! . . where are you going?"

"I'm going outside . . ."

"No Jaylah . . it's late . . I don't want you going anywhere at this time"

"Dad! I have to . . . !"

"No, babygirl . ."

"I'm not leaving, I'm just going down the street, I'll be back in a few!"

"You promise?"

"I promise"

Why do I have the feeling that she's gonna break her promise?

~ Jaden's point of view ~ 

I'm annoyed . . . I was really hoping my friends and I could enjoy this video game together but Braxton keeps asking where Jaylah went . . . I'm pissed . . . why does he even care about where she went?

"Dude, are they back together or what?"

"Brax . . . I have no idea! . . . can we please just play now?"

"Yea . . . I'm just asking you know . . not that I care about her or anything . . but I mean . . you know. . I just wanna know what's the deal with her ex . ."

45 minutes later . . .

I get a text message from Jaylah . . I stop the game to read it:

"Jaden . . . :( . . . Chris and I ended up having this huge fight in the park . . he wanted to take me for a walk so we came here but it didn't go well at all . . we yelled at each other and then he left me here all by myself!! please don't tell mom and dad that I'm here . . you have to pick me up, Jaden . . I'm so scared all alone . . there are so many weird people around . . please come and get me. . . ='("

I put the phone in my jeans pocket.

"Alright guys . . . I gotta leave . . . I'll be back in a little bit"

"Where you going?" Braxton asks.

"Get Jaylah"

"Where is she?"

"At the park . . Chris left her there alone . . that jerk"

"Let me get her . . ."

~ to be continued ~