Part 57 ~ Getting Worse

I close and lock the door. . Michael comes walking down the hallway, giving me a weird look. He doesn't look very happy but I don't blame him . . . he really loves his porsche but he can get it fixed . . it's really no big deal . . it's just a car. 

"You offered him cake, huh?"

"Yea . . so?"

"Do you realize, you offered the guy cake for wrecking my car?"

"No honey . . I offered him cake because it's his birthday today"

"His birthday? . . so you know that guy?!"

"No, I don't know him, I met him today for the first time, just like you did"

"How much did you guys talk before I came here? do you know the size of his shoes too??"

"Huh? why would I know the size of his shoes. .?"

"Why are you inviting strangers into this house when I'm not here?"

"Honey . . . . he was nice and polite!"

"Nice and polite? . . that's what they said about the 60 year old guy living down the street before he got locked up for killing his wife!! . . that was a dumb thing to do . . that guy could've hurt you!"

"Oh honey, come on . . you're being crazy. . ."

"Me, crazy? . . you said it yourself, you just met the guy today!!"

"Yes . . because he wrecked your car . . he knocked on the door to let me know about it! . . he didn't just drive away like some other guy probably would've . . he came to let us know . . and he felt really sorry about it . . . give him a break, he's only 19"

"You know how old he is, too??! . . am I missing something here??"

"Honey . . . stop it now . . please . ."

"No! . . my wife invites a man in here, chit chats and offers him cake!"

"Michael . . stop it now . . you're making a big deal out of nothing"

"A big deal out of nothing?! . . that guy could've killed you!"

"Oh come on . . that's not what this is about . . you're hurt in your man pride that I'm being nice to a guy who wrecked your car . . that's why you're making such a big deal out of this, am I right or am I right?"

"No! . . I'm angry because you invite strangers into MY house!!"

"This is my house too, sweetcheeks . . ."

"Yea. . it's ours . . but I'm paying for it!"

"What does that have to do with anything?? we're married, Michael . . we share this home and we share everything else too . . the word MINE shouldn't even come out of your mouth! . . you're creating this whole drama for no reason . . there's nothing to fight about!"

"I think there is! . . why would you invite him in here? you could've just left him out there waiting by his car! . . he's using my bathroom, eating my cake . . WRECKING MY CAR . . and you act like that's nothing unusual!"

"It IS nothing unusual! . . why are you so mad at me for this?! I felt bad for him, ok?? and it's his birthday . . sorry for inviting him in when it's pouring rain out there and SORRY for offering him cake. . that was wrong, so very wrong!!" . . *rolls eyes*

"Why on earth would I care about the man's birthday?! please, tell me that! . . I don't even know him and he wrecked my car! . . why would I wanna offer cake to a guy who damaged my car? and most importantly, why would my own wife wanna do that?!! You know, you're awfully friendly there for a married woman!"

"Ohhh . . now I know what this is about. . ."

I walk up to him and give him a kiss on the cheek. . .
"Could it be that you're being a tiny little bit jealous?"

He laughs.
"Jealous? me? . . WHY would I be jealous of a 19 year old?"

"I don't know . . . he liked my coffee cake . . and he's younger. . ."

"Oh, so now you're saying I'm old?. . ."

He turns away from me and opens a bottle of water. . I wanna hug him from behind but he ignores me and walks away. . I hope I didn't hurt him with what I just said . . I'll leave him alone now, he'll calm down eventually. I sit down in the livingroom with my laptop and check the internet. . . about 15 minutes later I hear Michael in the hallway putting on his jacket.

"Baby? . . are you going somehwere?"

He looks at me for a second. . then opens the door and leaves.

Ok, he's angry.

~ Michael's point of view ~

I don't know if I'm really angry or just tired. . but that was quite a show she put on. Actually yes . . I am angry. I may have overreacted a little there but the way she defended the guy really pissed me off. I come home after a stressful day, to my porsche's ass being wrecked by a 19 year old green-eyed model and a wife handing him homemade cake on a silver plate . . . ok it wasn't a silver plate but still . . she shouldn't have treated him so nicely . . . who is he? we don't even know the guy! . . and why the hell would I care about his birthday? . . I saw how she looked at him . . I'm not saying she would cheat on me or anything, I know she loves me but the way she looked at him did something to me. . . it hurt me.

". . he liked my coffee cake and he's younger than you . ."

That very last sentence did it to me.
______________

I park the car and walk in. "Hey mom!" 

"Hi baby . . what are you doing here? are you eating with us?"

"Yea, I would love to!"

I take off my jacket and sit down with my father. He's watching a football game. 

"Hi son . . what's up? how are you doing? how are the kids at school?"

"They're fine"

"How's you're wife?"

"She's fine . . . sharing her homemade cake. . . . ."

"Cake? . . did you bring some?"

"No dad . . ."

After dinner with my mom and dad I get ready to leave. Mom wants to talk more about this and that but I'm just not in the mood to talk at all . . it was nice eating with them and catching up a little bit but I better leave now . . I'm not feeling well at all. . I'm gonna go home and go straight to bed.

"I love ya baby . . be good!"

"Love you too, mom . . . good night!"

I check my phone before getting in the car . . . 4 missed calls and a text message from Ariana. I wonder what the text message says . . probably a ''sorry baby'' - message from her . . or ''I miss you baby'' . . it's gotta be either one of those. . . . After reading her text message, I can't help but feel like the stupidest person on earth . . . the text is about how green Cameron's eyes were and it was meant for Carli. . but she accidentally sent it to me. . .

~ to be continued ~