Part 137 ~ In a Heartbeat

~ Jaden's point of view ~ 

I can't believe dad came here . . Julianna and I are f*cked! . . he should be at school now!!!! . . but NO, of course he had to come here to ruin my life once again . . for once and for all! why can't he just let Julianna and I be in love?! . . I don't understand why he's making such a big deal out of all this!!!! . . Julianna will never wanna see me again after this! . . thanks dad!! . . . THANKS FOR NOTHING!

"Jaden, look at me when I'm talking to you!"

"Dad, I am looking at you!"

"No you're not . . you're looking at the coffee table!"

"What do you want from me, dad???? I slept here, so what?? you said I should stay home from school all week, does it really matter WHERE I stay?!"

"YES, IT DOES!! why are you here?! why did you come here?! for what?!"

"I wanted to spend time here . . . with Julianna , . ."

"Well, this is where it ends, Jaden . . I don't want you guys to be friends! . . or whatever you guys are!! . . it ends now! . . whatever happened between you two, it is over now!"

Julianna looks at me . . I can see the tears in her eyes . . 

"NO!!! you can't do this, dad!"

"Oh, yes I can! . . . you shouldn't be hanging around at your teacher's house!! that's just not what a student should do!!!"

"I'm sorry Michael . . . we . . umm . . Jaden and I just really get along so well . . we really like each other's company and I guess that's why we developed such a . . close friendship"

"Julianna . . . if you guys are ''just'' friends . . please explain to me, why are you sending him text messages telling him that you miss him? . . . why are you doing that if you're ''just'' friends? . . . please explain that to me!"

"Michael . . . that just came out of me, I didn't mean it the way it sounded"

"Well, it sounded to me that you guys are pretty darn close to each other! which you guys shouldn't be! . . Julianna . . I will have to get Jaden out of your class . . I will teach him at home until I find a new school for him"

"What?. . ."

"Yea . . ."

"DAD!! you can't do that!!"

"Oh yes I can . . . watch me, young man! . . Julianna is not your teacher anymore, and you guys are not seeing each other anymore either . . your little ''friendship'' is ending right here and right now . . . and let me just add . . Julianna, if you keep contacting Jaden on his phone, I will have to get you arrested . . . and no, I'm not kidding . . I'm serious"

"Dad!!!! how can you do this?!!! you have no right to do that!!!!"

"Oh yes I do . . . and you know what else I can do? I can tell you to get up and go wait in the car! . . now! . . I wanna talk to Julianna alone before we leave . . ."

"We? . . I'm staying here, dad . . . ."

"YOU'RE NOT STAYING HERE!! NOW GET IN THE CAR!!!"

I walk out and get in the car . . . I hate my f*cking life!!!!! Dad can't do this to me . . . does he really hate me that much? . . does he find so much join in ruining my life?!! . . he has no f*cking room to talk!!! the same thing happened with him and mom!!! . . they went through the same thing and now I'm getting busted for it?? . . he did the same ass thing?!!! . . . how unfair is that?!! . . really, HOW UNFAIR IS THAT?!!! . . I love Julianna . . . I just love her . . . I can't imagine my life without her . . . and I'm serious about this . . . . what I have to do now is talk to mom . . . . 'cause when it comes down to it, she's always on my side . . . not always but the real deep and heavy stuff, she understands and she helps me . . . . I just hope this time she will help me too . . . . . I start the car and drive home . . . .

Am I leaving dad here without a car? . .
yes I am . . . do I care? . . . no I really don't.

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

Julianna is close to crying but I couldn't care less. . . . I should be getting her arrested right now but I'm not . . . that's how nice I am . . . she should be getting busted for what she did . . . and she will . . . if she keeps messaging Jaden, I will find out and I will get her in a whole lot of trouble! . . . . I will give Jaden time to say goodbye to all his classmates . . . and I'm gonna be there with him . . . I will follow Jaden every step of the way until I get him in a new school! . .The boy should be in love with girls his age . . . young teenagers like he is . . . a normal relationship with a young girl . . . not his teacher!!! . . . this makes me sick . . . . . and to think that they might be having sex, rips me apart . . . .

"Julianna stop explaining yourself! . . it's done and it's over! . . .I don't need your explanation for every little thing! . . I know what's going on!! I'm not stupid! I have 2 children . . . and one on the way . . . I know what's going down, alright? . . this is YOUR fault!!! . . you're tricking him into thinking that you guys could be a thing . . . but you can't!! stop using him !!! . . stop calling him over here to ''hang out'' . . . I knew something was going on, i knew it!!! . . . ever since the first time Jaden told me he had feelings for you, I should've known this would go south!! . . I'm about to freakin' explode, you know?!! . . do you understand?!! . . how can do this to my son?!!"

"Michael . . I . . . *cries* . . . Michael . . I'm sorry . . I didn't think . . I just really like Jaden . . he's such a nice young guy and I . . I know I did wrong . . . I know I should've never started this . . . I'm sorry . . ."

"Ok . . . I have one more question and I want you to be honest . . . has there been any sexual moments between you two? . . . with or without clothes . . I don't care . . . kissing, touching . . whatever . . I wanna know about it!"

"Michael . . I . . ."

"I wanna know YES or NO . . I don't need to hear nothing else, alright?! . . have you had sex with my son?!! . . . . tell me!!"

She gets up . . . I get up too and follow her to her bedroom. She sits down on the bed crying her eyes out. I think I have the answer to my question . . . . . I feel sick to my stomach, I really do . . . this is just too much . . . . I can't wait to tell Ariana what's going on . . . and she didn't believe me . . . she DIDN'T!! . . I knew something's going on between them . . I knew it . . . I feel when something is going on with my kids . . . every parent knows what I'm talking about . . . . it's your gut feeling . . . and it's almost never wrong.

"We did have close moments, Michael . . . we got very close . . I admit . . "

"HOW CLOSE?" 

"Very close . . . . Michael I'm so sorry . . . I hate myself . . . ."

"Yea you should . . . . you really should hate yourself!"

She follows me to the door . . . crying . . . . I turn around and look at her. The pathetic look on her face almost makes me feel bad for her . . . no it doesn't . . . I get more angry with everything that comes out of her mouth . . . even her crying annoyes the hell out of me . . . how can she feel bad for what she did when she sure as hell enjoyed it when it happened? . . . she can't fool me . . and she sure can't lie to me . . . . she likes Jaden more than she should and she feels GUILTY about it . . . just like she should! . . . having sex with my son . . . with my little boy . . . . he's 16 for god's sake, what the hell was she thinking?

"Michael . . . please wait  . . . let me tell you one more thing!"

"What?"

"Michael . . . please don't take him out of my class . . . I'm begging you. . ."

"Of course I'm taking him out of your class, what the hell are you thinking?!!"

"Michael please . . . . I couldn't live with that . . . please don't do this!"

"YOU ARE HAVING SEX WITH MY BOY!!! . . I SHOULD GET YOU LOCKED UP, WOMAN!!!! . . YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE HIS TEACHER!! HIS GUIDANCE . . SOMEONE TO LOOK UP TO . . SOMEONE TO TEACH HIM AND PREPARE HIM FOR LIFE . . . . ARE YOU DOING THAT, JULIANNA? ARE YOU DOING THAT?!!! . . NO YOU ARE NOT!!!! YOU'RE HAVING SEX WITH HIM!!! . . I'm so close to giving you a slap in the face right now but I will not do that 'cause I don't wanna get arrested! . . . but I could get you arrested right now because you're a filthy whore, Julianna . . . how many boys from school do you have sex with? . . huh? . . how many?!!!"

"Just Jaden, I PROMISE!!!!!!" 

"Oh . . just Jaden . . . huh? . . . go to hell, Julianna . . . rot in hell!"

"I'M SORRY FOR BEING IN LOVE WITH YOUR SON!!!"

"In love with my son? . . . . how cute . . . . FALL OUT OF LOVE WITH HIM!"

"Michael, you don't understand . . . I love your son!!!! I'm in love with him . . that's why I wanna be close to him all the time . . . I'm not just using him for sex!! . . . I love being with him . . . I LOVE HIM, ok?!!! . . that is the honest truth and I'm sorry!!!! . . . I'm sorry you had to find out this way . . . DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW BAD I FELT THE FIRST TIME I REALIZED WHAT WAS GOING ON? . . do you have any idea how much I hated myself everytime I invited him in? . . . I cried . . . I spent many sleepless nights lying awake, feeling guilty for what is happening . . . . . I didn't plan for this to happen and you have to believe me, Michael!! . . please believe me when I say that I TRIED to resist!! I tried to keep it friendly between us but I couldn't control myself anymore . . . . . at first it was easy . . . all I saw in Jaden was this cute, smart young boy . . . funny . . and adorbale . . . simply a joy to be around . . . but after a while I realized that I'm not just friends with him anymore . . . . I realized that I had feelings for him . . . .I DIDN'T PLAN FOR ANY OF THIS TO HAPPEN, MICHAEL . . AND YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME!! . . . I'm seeing a therapist . . . and he told me the exact same thing . . to stay away from Jaden . . . to not go through with it but I did . . . . that's how bad I have it . . . . that's how much I like that boy . . . . I'm sorry it had to be your boy . . . . I'm sorry Michael . . . . I'm  . . . I'm so very sorry . . . . . please believe me!! . . . please . . . please don't take him out of my class . . ."

I take one last look at her and leave . . I can't listen to this anymore . . I walk down the doorstep and look for my car. . . huh? . . . . where's my car? . . . what the heck? . . . I stop for a second . . . let me guess, Jaden took it? . . . . I just hope his ass is at home . . . be better be at home right now . . .

I call a taxi and drive home. 

~ Ariana's point of view ~ 

Jaden is sitting in the kitchen with me, crying his eyes out. I never seen him cry like this . . I believe the last time he cried this hard was when he was 4 years old . . . his new action figure broke right after he took it out of the box it came with . . . . . 

"babyface, calm down . . . you're hystercial . . . what happened? I can't even understand what you're saying . . calm down and talk slowly . . . alright?"

"Mom . . . dad is ruining me!!!!! he hates me!!"

"Honey . . your father doesn't hate you . . he only wants what's best for you . . ."

"NO HE HATES ME!!! . . HE WANTS TO RUIN MY LIFE!!!!"

"He does not, Jaden . . . your dad is simply worried about you . . he only wants to protect you, ok? . . he doesn't like the fact that you and your teacher are friends . . . . he doesn't want that . . . and I have to agree, babyface . . . . it's not ok . . . ."

"Mom . . . I love that woman!!! :'("

"No, baby you don't . . . ."

"Yes I do mom!! . . I love her . . and she loves me ='("

"Honey I don't think she's in love with you . . . you're too young . . . ."

"YES SHE LOVES ME!!!! . . SHE KISSES ME AND WE'RE HAVING SEX! . . that's how muchs she loves me mom!! can't you understand that this is real? . . . I'm in love with that woman and she's in love with me!!!!!!"

"I need to sit down . . . . Jaden please tell me you're joking with me . . ."

"I am not joking . . . Julianna and I are in love!!!! and now dad wants to take me out of her class!! he wants us to never talk again!!!! . . . he can't do that, mom!!! please tell him HE CAN'T DO THAT!!!"

"Oh my lord . . . . Jaden what are you doing? . . why are you doing this???"

"I love her!!!!!! . . . I really do . . . . !!!!"

The tears in Jaden's face break my heart . . but I'm angry at him . . I'm angry at the woman . . I can't believe they're really having a thing . . . . my boy is having sex with a 30 year old woman . . . I'm close to crying . . . no . . . I might throw up . . . .

"Mom I love her . . ok? . . do you understand?!! . . you do, don't you??"

"Honey . . . you're so wrong for doing this . . . you know it . . . ."

"I know it's a little unusual but I love her . . . I really do!!! please tell dad that he can't do this to us!! Julianna loves me too . . she really does!!!"

"Honey no . . as much as I love you . . I can't let this happen . . . I can't support his"

"WHAT?!! . . . MOM!! . . HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME?!!!"

"Baby . . I have to be with dad on this . . . you can't be with your teacher, no way!"

"HOLD ON A SECOND . . . . how old were you when you were in love with dad?"

"Jaden, don't go there . . . that was a total different situation!"

"NO IT WASN'T!! . . you were 16, weren't you?!! . . and you were in love with dad when he was your substitute teacher, right? . .  am I right?!!"

"Honey . . . . you are not me . . . this is not about me . . . ."

"MOM!!!!! . . . YOU WERE IN LOVE WITH DAD WHEN YOU WERE 16!!!! . . THAT'S WHY I'M BRINGING THIS UP!!!! . . YOU LOVED HIM, DIDN'T YOU? . . YOU DIDN'T JUST HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM, YOU LOVED HIM !!!! . . . YOU WANTED TO BE WITH HIM SO BAD, DIDN'T YOU? . . .NOW I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT JULIANNA . . . . . IF SOMEONE, IT SHOULD BE YOU TO UNDERSTAND BEST HOW I FEEL, MOM . . . . . YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW DIFFICULT IT IS . . LOVE IS LOVE MOM . . . . ISN'T IT?"

 "Jaden . . . ."

"Mom! . . . look back . . . think back . . . how did you feel? how did it make you feel? . . you didn't get to be with him when you were my age but you wanted to, didn't you? . . now imagine you had the chance to be with dad when you were 16 . . . wouldn't you have went for it? . . wouldn't you have let it happen? . . despite the age difference? . . ."

"I . . I probably would've . . . but Jaden . . . your dad and I didn't have anything going on when I was 16! . . and that's the difference here . . . your dad and I were both adults when we got together . . I was 21 years old . . . but yes . . I admit . . . I was 16 when I first fell in love with your dad . . ."

"Exactly . . . . now, if you could go back to being 16 years old again . . would you do it? . . would you do it again? . . would you try to get with dad? . . would you?!"

". . . In a heartbeat"

"Mom please help me out . . . I'm begging you . . . . stop thinking as a mom . . start thinking as someone who was in the exact same situation . . . . you know how much it hurts . . . you fell in love with dad when you were a teenager . . . and now you two are married with children . . . and STILL IN LOVE. . . . aren't you?"

"I am . . . "

". . . .What do you like most about dad?"

"I love how sweet he is . . . he's caring . . funny . . loving . . I feel secure with him . . he's a wonderful teacher and a great husband . . . and an amazing father . . . your dad is great, Jaden . . and he loves you very much. . ."

"Now imagine your life without dad . . . ."

". . . . . . . I can't"

"Exactly. . ."

Jaden and I look to the door . . Michael just came home . .

~ to be continued ~