Part 95 ~ What Hurts The Most

I don't think I ever saw Michael put on his jacket faster than he is right now. He's furious and I am too. How can she sneak out like that after Michael grounded her?! . . I will have a word with her too when he brings her back home . . . I can't believe that girl . . . she's hurting us with her behavior . . she crossed the line big time . . . 

Michael kisses me goodbye and leaves the room without saying anything. Jaylah will feel sorry for sneaking out . . she better come back and stay in her room or I will ground her for the rest of her life!

It's 10:15pm and Michael is still out . . . I know him . . he will not return without her . . that's the father in him. . . and the anger . . I'm standing in the kitchen looking outside, waiting for them to come home. I am worried but that's the mother in me . . I know Jaylah is alright . . I bet she was gonna stay at Chris' house since he wasn't allowed to stay here after her argument with Michael . . . . I understand her feelings, I really do . . but she has no right to disrespect Michael like that . . . 

Jaden just came downstairs to make himself a hot chocolate. It blows my mind every time I look at him how much he looks like his father . . the hair . . the eyes . . his skin . . and his voice too . . Jaden is lucky to have his father's voice . . . he's a really handsome young boy. . I'm sure girls are all over him. But he never talks about girls . . . I don't even think he's involved with someone . . He's shy one . . he's very shy when it comes to girls . . .

"Hi sweetie"

He looks at me. "Hey mom . . ."

"What are you up to?"

"Watching TV in my room . . why?"

"Just asking . . ."

"Where is dad?"

"He went out to get Jaylah . . ."

"Ha . . I don't wanna be in her shoes right now" . . . *laughs*

"I don't wanna be in her shoes either . . . your dad and I decided not to go through with the home party . . Jaylah's behavior ruined everything . . I'm sorry, baby . . but dad I are gonna give you some money to go someplace nice . . . maybe the arcade you like so much, or a bowling alley . . whatever you like, honey"

"So we're not gonna throw the party here at this house? you know, my friend's and I planned everything already . . it sucks that whenever Jaylah messes up, I have to suffer too. . ."

"I know honey . . I'm sorry . . but we're not gonna let her celebrate with her friends . . you can go out and have fun, honey . . . . Jaylah is grounded and she will stay in her room"

"That's kinda rough though . . don't you think?"

"What?"

"Keeping her in her room on her 16th birthday . . ."

"Jaden . . . she was really rough on dad . ."

"I know but still . . come on . . it's our birthday . . ."

"Honey I know it's unfair to you but that's what your dad and I decided . . Jaylah will not get to enjoy her birthday party . . we will have a cake and we will spend time as a family and then it's back to her room for her . . . she needs to learn that she can't disrespect dad like that . . . she's been acting out a lot lately . . . your dad is very upset about it . . she really hurt his feelings"

"And that's why I have to suffer too? . . . I just don't think it's fair at all"

"Jaden, I apologized . . I'm sorry we have to cancel the whole thing. . we're really sorry but that's how it is now and we're not changing our minds . . ."

"Alright then" He says and goes back upstairs.

The door opens just as I'm about to sit down in front of the TV. Michael is back . . and he's got Jaylah with him. . she's crying her eyes out, screaming at the top of her lungs. . this is gonna be a fun night for us. . . . . . Michael grabs her arm and pushes her over to the couch. 

Oh boy . . he is MAD as hell . . 

"SHUT UP . . you're not saying a word as I'm speaking to you, is that clear?!!"

Jaylah refuses to answer him.

"IS THAT CLEAR, I ASKED?!!"

Jaylah is looking down at her phone . . Michael takes it out of her hands and throws it down on the ground where it literally shatteres into 5 pieces . . . woaaah . . . did he really just break her new iPhone? 

"DAD!!!!!! you broke my phone!!!!!!!"

"I don't care, now look at me when I'm talking to you!!!!"

Jaylah refuses to look at him . . she's still in shock over her broken iPhone.

"Look at me, Jaylah!!!!"

Jaylah reluctantly looks up at Michael with anger written all over her.

"You will go to your room now, lady . . and if I catch you sneaking out one more time, there's gonna be hell to pay!!!"

~ Jaylah's point of view ~ 

Hate isn't even the right word . . how can he break my phone??? how can he throw it on the floor like that?!!! . . at least I still have my macbook . . . I get up and run upstairs . . Dad is still yelling downstairs but I'm not even listening . . I don't care what he has to say . . . . I slam the door shut and take off my shoes.

 I open my laptop and check if Jaden's online on facebook . . he is ! . . I message him to come to my room! . . 30 seconds later my door opens and Jaden walks in. 

"What do you want?"

"WHY DID YOU TELL DAD I SNEAKED OUT, YOU ASSFACE?!!"

"Hey, I'm not a part of this . . better leave me out of it!!!"

"No, no, no!!! you're very much a part of this!!! . . you told dad I sneaked out!!! he told me that on the car ride back home!!!! he told me that you walked in and told him that you caught me sneaking out!!! . . how can you do that?!!!"

I get up and push him . . he pushes me back . . I fall down on the bed.

"Shut up, Jaylah!!! I did that to help you, ok?!!!"

"How is that gonna help me?!! you got me into more trouble!!!!"

"No, sister . . . you got yourself into more trouble!! how about acting normal for a change? how about showing respect to dad for once?!! . . I know he can be a pain but he means well . . how can you sneak out after he freakin grounded you? . . you digged yourself into this hole all by yourself, Jaylah . . ."

"I did not!!! you just addmited it, DAD IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!"

"He can be a pain but he MEANS WELL!!!!"

"No he doesn't, he wants to annoy me and make my life hell!!! . . I wanna be with Chris!! I told Chris I'm on my way to his house and now I'm not!!! . . he's waiting for me!! and why am I not there? BECAUSE OF DAD!!! he's a pain in the fucking ass and I couldn't hate him any more than I do right now!!!!"

"If Chris truly loves you, he will understand . . ."

"He DOES truly love me and no he does not understand!!!"

"Then he doesn't love you enough, Jaylah . . ."

"YES HE DOES!! how dare you even say that?!!!!!"

"If he loves you, he will wait for you and not get you into even more trouble!! it was his idea for you to come to his place right??? . . and I'm guessing he knows that you're grounded, right?!! . . he got you into more trouble . . not ME!! . . you were gonna go there and stay at his place even though dad grounded you . . . what a wonderful boyfriend you have, I must say . . . . Chris sucks!"

I run up to Jaden and push him so hard . . . he grabs both of my arms and locks them behind my back. I'm trying to break free but I can't . . his grip is too strong around my wrists. . I can't move my arms.

"Let go of me you stupid ass!!!!"

"No I will not!"

"Yes you will!!!!!!"

He pushes me onto the bed . . I kick him in his leg . . he gets on the bed and sits on top of me. I scream at the top of my lungs that he should get off of me. . . I can't breathe . . 

"Get off of me, STUPID!!!"

"No way . . because of you I can't have my birthday party!!"

"It's my birthday party too, ASSFACE!!!!"

"Yea, and you ruined it for the both of us!!!!!!"

The door opens . . . mom walks in with the angriest look on her face.

"What the hell is going on in here?!!!!!!"

"Nothing . . Jaden is being annyoing!!!!!!!" I yell.

"Jaden, go to your room!!" Mom yells. He leaves the room and closes the door. Mom sits down on my desk chair, giving me the look. . . 

"Jaylah . . . I want you to apologize to dad . . go downstairs and tell him you're sorry for everything you've said and done in the last few hours!! now . . get up and GO!!"

"I will NOT apologize to dad . . not in a million years. . not in this life!!"

"Yes you will!! you will get your ass up right now and you will go downstairs!! dad is very upset about the way you're acting and frankly, so am I!!! . . GET UP and go downstairs!! I don't care how angry you are, I really don't give a flying crap!!!!"

"I'm not apologizing!! dad broke my phone! if someone is going to apologize, it's gonna be him!!!!"

Mom grabs my hair and pulls me out of the room.
"GO DOWNSTAIRS!!!!!"

"No!!! I'm NOT apologizing to him!!!!!!!!!"

She takes my arm and walks downstairs with me.
"You will tell him that you're sorry!!! end of the discussion!!"

I angrily walk over to the couch where dad is sitting.

"I'm not apologizing!!!! never . . not today, not tomorrow, NOT EVER!!!!"

Dad doesn't say anything . . he doesn't even take a second to look at me. 

"Did you hear me, dad?!! I will NEVER apologize!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mom tells me to sit down on the couch . . I reluctantly sit down and stare at the TV. Mom sits down next to me and takes a sip from her wine glass. If mom if is waiting for me to apologize to dad, she can wait all night because it's not gonna happen . . . I will not say anything to him . . he is dead to me.

Mom and dad aren't even talking to me . . what am I sitting here for?!!

A few minutes later I look over at mom and dad . . they're sitting next to each other . . Mom is running her fingers through dad's hair . . . I look at dad's face and notice how watery his eyes are . . . she kisses him goodnight and walks down the hallway to the bedroom . . . now I'm sitting here with dad . . and it's awkward.

I wanna get up and go upstairs but something inside of me doesn't let me get up and leave. Why am I still sitting here? . . ugh . . . I'm angry, I'm mad . . I feel every negative emotion right now! . . I wanna be with Chris . . I miss him . . and I wanna talk to Jenna on my iPhone but dad f*cking broke it!!! . . . 

An hour later, I'm still sitting here with dad . . we're not talking to each other . . he's eating something and I'm staring at the TV. The lights are out . . the only light in this livingroom is coming from the TV. I'm about to fall asleep. I take off my pants, grab the fluffy blanekt and cover myself with it . . . I'm getting more and more tired by the minute . . . I can still hear the TV but I'm too tired to even listen what they're saying . . . . 

I close my eyes . . . a minute later I smell dad's cologne near me . . I'm not opening my eyes, I'm just gonna pretend that I'm sleeping. Next thing I know, he's wrapping his arm around me, kissing me on my forehead. .

~ to be continued ~