Part 49 ~ Mom, Meet My Husband

I can't believe Michael is making me do this . . I knew I had to tell my parents eventually, but . . I'm so not prepared . . especially not after seeing the crazy reaction of Michael's mother . . his father just sat there and didn't really care much . . while his mother was exploding like a human firework . .

But Michael's right . . why wait? it's only gonna make it worse . . and I'm actually happy that he's pushing me to do this . . shows how serious he is. . and that he really wants to be with me. All this is happening so fast, I haven't even had time to appreciate the fact that Michael is in love with me . . I need like 5 minutes to hug a pillow and dance or something . . . but I'll do that later . . right now it's time to break it to my parents . . that'll be fun. . . I hope they're in a good mood . . I really hope so. 

I walk inside . . Michael is waiting in the car. I told him I needed a minute alone just to say hi to them and warm them up a little. I haven't seen them since my birthday party. "Mom!" She looks at me smiling. "Look who's here, my babygirl! how was Vegas?" 

"Good . . very good!"

"Great . . did you just come back from Vegas now? are you hungry?"

"No . . I just came back from Paris. . ."

"Paris? . . you went there too? are you on a world tour or something?"

"No, mom . . listen . . there is a bunch of stuff that I have to tell you and dad"

"Dad's not here . . but you can tell me and I'll tell him later :)"

I sit down on the couch.

"Mom . . do you remember Mister Jackson?"

"Your substitute teacher?" 

"Yup . . . ummm . . . he's nice isn't he?"

"Yes, sure :) he was at your birthday party, wasn't he?"

"Yes he was . . . and . . ummm . . you know, the trip to Vegas was actually his idea . . well . . I didn't go there with him . . . but I met him there . . I went there with Carli and we met Michael and his buddies there . . . sorta . . . . "

"You call him Michael?" 

"Yes mom . . ."

"Since when do you call him Michael?"

"Mom, he's not my teacher anymore . . I'm allowed to call him by his first name"

"So . . how was Vegas? did something happen there? you seem nervous"

"Well, actually . . I am nervous . . and yes, something did happen in Vegas . . but for that I would like Michael to be here with me so we can tell you together . . ."

"Michael is here? . . where is he? . . and what do you have to tell me?" 

"You'll find out in a little bit . . . I'll go get him . . he's in the car"

"Wait, Ariana!! I have to put some lipstick on and fix my hair!"

"Mom . . you're not on a date with him . . relax! you look good!" 

I open the door. "Come in!" . . . Michael gets out of the car and walks up to the doorstep. My heart warms up . . wow . . he looks so beautiful getting out of a car . . . ugh, I need to get it together . . I can drool over him later all I want . . . now it's time to be serious . . . Oh dear lord . . . please . . . help me . . 

"Mom . . here he is" 

She smiles at him. "Hello Mister Jackson, it's a pleasure to see you, please take a seat . . may I offer you a cup of coffee or tea? . . or would you like some juice? . . a little bit of cake?"

"No . . that's very generous, but thank you, I'm good"

Michael and I take a seat on the couch . . my heart is nearly jumping out of my chest. The look on my mother's face makes me even more nervous . . I can tell by the look on her face that she wants an explanation for Michael's visit . . . and I don't blame her . . . god . . if she only knew . . . and she will know . . . in a few minutes . .

"Mom . . . there is something Michael and I have to say to you"

". . What?"

"Something happened in Vegas and . ."

"Sweetie, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, right? . . it's ok ;)"

"Ummm . . sometimes . . why? . . what is ok?"

"That you guys had sex . . it's ok :) you're old enough to know what you do"

"Are you serious right now??"

"How did you expect me to react, Ariana? spank you? you're too old for that"

"Well. . he used to be my teacher. . aren't you shocked? not even a little bit?"

"That's ok . . you're a grown woman . . it's your life . . .wait, is there more? . . are you pregnant? if so, THAT would be something I would wanna talk about . . . if you are, wow . . that would be crazy!"

"No mom . . I'm not pregnant . . ."

"So, was that everything you wanted to tell me?"

"No . . there is a little more to the story . . ."

"What could possibly be bigger than having sex, Ariana?" . . *laughs*

"Umm . . . marriage, maybe?"

*laughs* . . "Yes, that would be big. . . so, tell me? what is it?"

"I just told you, mom . . ."

"You just told me what?"

"Marriage . . . . . we're married"

"HAHA . . for a second there I thought I heard you say you guys are married!"

"That's what I said, mom . . . Michael and I got married in Vegas. . ."

"Wait . . this isn't a joke?"

"No, mom . . . this is not a joke . . . here's the ring!"

She grabs my hand and takes a closer look at the ring.

"Holy crap . . that's a beauty! . . but wait a minute . . whaat??"

"Well. . we were drunk and . . . . . . mom!! could you please stop laughing??"

"I'm sorry Ariana . . this is just so crazy, I can't believe you got married!! . . to your former teacher! . . this belongs in a book or something . . someone please write a book about this . . oh holy mary . . you must've been pretty darn wasted, huh? . . oh lordy lord . . I need coffe . . . but wait . . are you guys serious? like . . are you in love with each other?" 

I look at Michael and smile . . 

"Oh my god, you guys are serious, aren't you??? this is so crazy! . . come here babygirl!! this is big!! I can't believe it . . I wish I would've been there with you . . aww . . I'm sorry that I laughed but this is really crazy! . . come here Michael . . let me squeeze you too!"

She grabs Michael's face and gives him a big, wet kiss. 

Now he has purple lipstick on his forehead. . *lmao*

"This screams for cake, doesn't it? . . you have to tell me everything!! . . gosh . . I'm so excited and confused at the same time . . I don't even know whether to laugh or cry . . but I'm ok with it . . I just need some time to adjust to it . . I hope that's ok with you two . ."

"Aww definitely mom . . I'm so happy that your'e ok with this"

"Of course I am . . how can I not be? . . oh, I'm gonna cry"

"Awww mom . . don't . . I'm gonna cry too . . ."

"You guys have to show me the pictures of the wedding! . . and have you guys thought about the honeymoon yet? . . I mean, there has to be one, right?"

Michael's phone rings. . .
It's his mom . . .

~ to be continued ~