Part 29 ~ What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas

Why are we wearing the same kind of ring? . . this is crazy. . what the hell happened last night? I feel like I blanked out for a whole century . . the room is a mess, we both wake up naked and we're both wearing the same ring . . . . I hope it's not what I think it is . . . 

A knock on the door interrups the moment. I open it . . It's Jeff and Shane. They walk in, laughing their asses off. I'm really not in the mood to laugh right now . . this is darn serious . . I would like to know what happened . . and I have a feeling that they will tell us  . . . .

"Mike . . here are the pictures . . best wishes to the newlyweds! HAHA!"

"Newlyweds?"

"Michael! yesterday was quite a night, I'm telling ya . . look at the pictures . . Shane and I couldn't stop laughing when we looked at them this morning . . we don't remember any of this! but that makes it even funnier. . . here, take a look!"

I sit down on the bed and look through the pictures . . Ariana is sitting right next to me, holding her breath. I can't believe this . . . I'm wearing a smoking . . Ariana is wearing a wedding gown . . we're kissing in a church!!! . . where the hell is this church and when did this happen?? . .

"And look here, Michael . . the kiss you shared in front of the minister!"

"Minister?? so. . . this is real??"

"As real as cheese on a double cheese pizza . . . Michael, you and Ariana got married! . . and her friend Carla got married to Adrien! look . . look at the pictures . . she's wearing a smiliar wedding gown . . . and Adrien is high as f*ck . . look at him, holding the joint while the minister is talking to them . . . this is hilarious!". . . *rolls on the floor laughing*

"Carla?? show me the pictures!" . . Jeff hands Ariana the pictures . . 

"That's CARLI!!! not Carla!! she's my best friend!!! what the f*ck???"

"Umm . . well . . Adrien and Carli are in his hotel room . . looks like they're still sleeping . . we were gonna wake them but there is no use . . they're sleeping like freakin' rocks"

"My friend Carli got married to Adrien?? who the hell is Adrien???!!!"

"Our friend"

She gets up furiously.

"GET OUT OF HERE!! BOTH OF YOU!! AND TAKE YOUR STUPID PICTURES WITH YOUU!!! GO . . GET LOST!!!! AND WIPE THOSE SMIRKS OFF YOUR FACES OR I'M GONNA DO IT FOR YOU!!!"

Ariana pushes Jeff and Shane out of the room. .

"I wanna see my friend!!! I wanna see who the guy is she hooked up with!! I can't believe this! how could you even let this happen to her?!!! this stupid guy probably forced her to have sex and everything . . . I can't even . . . TELL YOUR FRIEND TO BRING HER HERE!" 

"Ariana, please calm down . . . I'm sure she's fine . . my friend Adrien is not a jerk . . I know him . . I've known him for many many years, there is nothing for you to worry about. . . please stop yelling, it's not gonna help the situation . . we're gonna go back to the church where all this was going on and we will withdraw everything . . no biggie . . we're gonna annul this . . I'm gonna take care of it" 

"I . . I have to go . ."

"Ok . . where are you staying at? what hotel did you check in?"

She sits down on the floor in desperation . .

"I don't REMEMBER. . ."
_______________

2 hours later . . . 
_______________

"Yes . . . me and my . . *looks at Ariana* . . friend over here got married yesterday . . in this church . . we don't remember the name of the minister . . you see. . this kinda happened accidentally . . you know . . "

The woman gives me a confued look. .

"You 'accidentally' got married? how do you explain that, please?"

"You see . . she's not even my . . ."

"Listen . . I can't just take all this back . . it's on paper, it's official . . you can't just come here the next day and say that it was all an accident. . please send a letter to this address and . . ."

"This is not offical . . we are not married!" 

"I'm afriad you are"

"Lady . . I don't wanna send a letter to this address . . I got married here, in this church . . right here where I'm standing right now, not even 12 hours ago . . . I don't wanna write a stupid letter, ok? just destroy the papers . . . *takes off the ring* . . . here you go! with this ring, I'm officially ending this marriage . . . goodbye!" 

"It's not that easy . . you can't just take off the ring . . I'm very sorry, you guys are married, maybe not in your hearts but on this paper . . listen . . you can annul this marriage if, for example, you guys haven't had sex since the wedding . . is that so?" 

"Actually, we don't know . . ."

"Ok . . umm . . you can also annul this marrige if you didn't properly consent to it, which means, you were drunk or forced into it"

"THAT'S THE ONE!!! we were drunk as heck!! that's the truth! please annul this marrige right here and right now! I swear that is the honest truth, we were both wasted!"

"Ok . . now what we can do is, please write a letter stating everything you just told me . . and we will get back to you in 8 to 10 days . . thank you . .now, is there anything else I can do for you?"

"8 to 10 days? we're gonna be husband and wife for 10 days? . . ."

"Yes. . . make the best of it :) now please excuse me, I'm very busy"

I put the ring in my jeans pocket after writing the letter and handing it to the woman. . this is not how I pictured getting married . . this is a nightmare . . I feel so bad . . I can't even wrap my mind around this . . 10 days . . we are gonna be married for 10 days . . . oh man . . . I came to Vegas as a single man. . to have fun and everything . . and now I'm going to fly back home . . with my 'wife' . . .

I've seen enough Vegas . . it's time to go home. . .

~ to be continued ~