Part 14 ~ Head Over Heels

~ Michael's point of view ~ 

Saturday afternoon 

I can't believe I'm actually gonna meet Ariana at the park . . . I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat . . . I've never been in this kind of situation before. A lot of disturbed kids her age do crazy things and have crazy thoughts but THIS . . wow . . has never happened to me before . . but I have to take it seriously. . 

I haven't talked to anyone about the letter yet . . and I know that was a mistake

I'm digging myself deeper into this mess. The only reasonable thing to do is to call her parents. . to tell the school and get help. . . not only for Ariana but for myself too. I realize in what kind of danger I get myself into.

Ariana's crazy behavior makes me feel so helpless . . I wanna help the girl . . I want to get her on the right path but how?? she's already cutting herself and I'm the reason for it . . . the pressure and the guilt that I'm feeling is overwhelming me.

My heart is pounding and jumping in all directions. 

Maybe and hopefully we can sit down together and talk this through. Ariana is deeply hurt and broken. Even if this is not really my fault, I'm the one to make this right. She's hurting herself because of ME . . I'm praying in my mind that this will go well.

I will not kiss her . . definitely not . . there will be no wrong moves coming from my side. I will sit her down and talk to her about this. I will tell her that her behavior is hurting a lot of people . . including me. 

~ Ariana's point of view ~

There he is . . . I can't believe he's actually meeting me here! . . my letter worked . . it all worked!!! I'm so happy!!!!! maybe he has feelings for me after all and he's just afraid to show it because he thinks it's wrong.

I know I did the right thing by giving him this letter . . . I know I did . . . he is worried about me . . which is perfect!!! his worrying will soon turn into feelings . . soon he will realize that age doesn't matter . . . age is just a number . . what really counts are the feelings.

I didn't actually cut myself . . I got the picture of the bloody wrist from google . . I printed it out and glued it to the back of the letter. . . Gosh . . . my heart is beating so fast . . . right now I'm so very sure that I'm in love with him . . . head over heels in love with him.

He saw me . . he's walking closer . . . he's almost here. 

I hope my breath is ok . . and I hope my hair is still looking good. I put on an extra amount of eye shadow . . makes me look a little older.

I will show him that I'm right for him . . I may be two years away from being an adult but in my heart I'm all grown up . . he will see that my desire for him is REAL and I will give him everything he wants.

He sits down next to me . . . I was hoping to smell his awesome sexy cologne but he's not wearing it today . . which is weird . . why isn't he wearing it? 

"Hi Ariana. . ."

"Hi Mister Jackson . . I'm so glad you're here" I take his hand . . he pulls away.  "I think we should talk, ok?" I give him a smile and nod. "Yes, that would be good . . ."

"Ariana . . I came here because I'm worried about you . . your letter really got to me and I feel like it's my responsibility to make this right"

"Mister Jackson . . . I feel so lonely . . . so hopeless . . I have no one to love me . . no one to hug me . . . can you please give me a hug?" He puts his hand on my shoulder.  "Ariana, I don't think a hug would be the right thing right now, I wanna give you my comforting words to make you feel better . . you need help . . and I will make sure you get it"

"I don't need help Mister Jackson . . . I need you. . ."

~ to be continued ~