The Wedding Planner pt 3 (13,865 words)

(This is the 3rd part to the Wedding Planner series. You can find a version divided into chapters and the first two parts on a separate story I have on here as well if you like. Otherwise the non-stop version of the series is right here and in previous "chapters" of this collection of fics. Wherever you decide to read it, enjoy!)

"It will just take a second," Marinette promises, running off to their bedroom where she had left her sketchbook.

Adrien stretches out on their couch in the living room, pressing his back against the cushion and calling after her. "You know I'm not the best at these things!" He warns.

The couple had just finished dinner and were relaxing together, catching up on some TV. Marinette had been fidgety all evening, tapping her foot, playing with her fingers, and occasionally tense. It had worried Adrien a bit, knowing her tells of when she was anxious, but knew she would say something if something was wrong.

The late afternoon sunbeams were streaming in when she sprung from her seat suddenly and said she was working on some designs and wanted Adrien to see them, it wasn't too out of the ordinary.

She hustles down the stairs and rounds the corner into their generously sized living room. Their style wasn't glitzy, nor modern; it was homey, lived in. Blankets hung over chairs backs, various books scattered around the surfaces in the room, and their hamster, Amande, running around in his cage against the wall. It was perfect.

She sits cross-legged on the couch next to him, leaving some space between as she turns to face him. She keeps her head down as she flips through her sketches, before finally turning to the one of interest. "Yeah, so, I drew these up the other day, and I want to know what you think," she says earnestly, handing him the sketchbook.

He gladly accepts, always fascinated by the designs his wife created for fun or for their various fashion lines that they've established and grown from Agreste Fashion. Adrien mostly manages the business side, being the head of the company, making decisions for new lines and production.

But he raises an eyebrow when he looks over the sketches from Marinette, he suppresses a chuckle, "Ha, I think your scale is off a bit, M'lady."

"How so?" she replies quickly, as if expecting this question to arise. Her hands are tucked under her feet in front of her, leaning forward slightly towards him.

He smiles, now thinking it's a joke, "Well, these measurements make it seem like the piece is only a foot long," he wipes some eraser dust off the page reflexively, "it's as if this were for a doll."

Mari leans in slightly more, her eyes not leaving his face, "Or...?"

His gaze moves to her slowly, "'Or?' Or... what, I don't know?" he looks back down at the sketch.

On the surface it wasn't the craziest thing he'd seen Mari design, especially after they've had a drink or two, but in the end, most of those were just surprises for them to laugh at the next morning. Right now, she was serious. All previous anxiousness has been absorbed into her focus.

Shorts and a T-shirt. That's all it seemed to be. The sketch was of what did seem like was meant for a doll. The proportions were off, even if the scale was right. The colors were bold: bright green shorts and sky-blue shirt.

"Adrien," He looks back into her bluebell eyes. "What else would fit clothes like this?" she asks with a laugh escaping her lips at the end from watching him struggle.

It takes another second before something clicks in his mind, "A baby! You want to start a baby clothing line?" He asks excitedly, "It'd definitely be a new direction for us..."