The Wedding Planner (18,539 words)

((Note: This story also exists on its own in chapter form since it's much longer than the other one-shots in this collection. Go to my profile to find it. Enjoy ))

((8/1/20: This story has been updated with an additional 8,000 words in the middle of the fic. More to love))

"Only the best. Only the best for me and Adrikins, that's what I said. I don't want the stress of planning a wedding, I told them I wanted the best wedding planner in all of Paris and nothing less! Don't you agree, Adrikins?" Chloe Bourgeois raises her eyebrows at Adrien sitting across from her in the limo.

It's been nearly a decade since an Akuma wreaked havoc on the streets of Paris, since Chat Noir and Ladybug defeated Hawkmoth; nearly a decade since Paris has seen their superheroes. Nearly a decade since the superheroes have seen each other.

After obtaining Hawkmoth's Miraculous, there was no more need for Ladybug and Chat Noir to patrol the streets of Paris. Master Fu allowed them to remain guardians of their Miraculous' but to only transform if the city truly needed them. And it never did. The two heroes parted ways, never knowing the other's identity.

Everyone went their separate ways after graduation day at Francoise Dupont, as many do. After Gabriel was taken into custody after his vail as Hawkmoth was lifted, Adrien became the head of the family company: Agreste Fashion.

A busy life under the spotlight. Meetings to attend, deadlines to meet, appearances to keep. And that's when Chloe Bourgeois strode back into his life. As someone in the industry, it was an easy match to make in the eyes of the public and corporations. She was an understanding companion when he needed her, and after a year she was his fiancée.

And he was content.

"Adrikins!"

He blinks his eyes in surprise, realizing he had spaced out. "Yes?" he replies politely.

Chloe narrows her eyes slightly, "It was your idea to come back to Paris to get married, I wanted to stay in Milan, but you know I love you, so I agreed. The least you can do is appreciate that I'm making the best of this situation."

His eyebrows raise, "Yes, thank you, Chloe. What were you saying about the wedding planner?"

She smiles contently, "I got us the best planner in Paris, she does everything: the gown, the venue, the food, she's incredible. Anyone who's anyone in France uses her for their big day." She clasps her hands together in excitement, "And we are much more than 'anyone'. She should be paying us for the privilege of doing our wedding."

"She sounds amazing. What's her name?" Adrien implores, truly curious.

Chloe scoffs, "Someone as ionic as her doesn't have a name, she goes by 'M'."

"'M'? And we're on our way to meet with her right now?"

"Of course! Our wedding will be the most fabulous in all of France! Oh! I've got to post about this," she pulls out her phone and starts typing.

He smiles and turns back towards the window, watching the cars and the buildings go by. He looks up at the roofs, remembering vaulting over buildings with Ladybug as a kid. Now nearing 30, his responsibilities take priority, leaving Chat Noir just a name from the past. He unconsciously fidgets with a ring on his finger, a placeholder after he hid his own Miraculous in a secure location.

Their limo pulls up to a boutique in the center of Paris. The building is clean and modern, large glass panels reveal a large studio with two dozen employees working inside.