Miraculously Possible (crossover): Part 2 (1318 words)

Drakken shuts the hotel door behind him with his foot, his arms full with a large paper bag of breads and pastries. "Sheego, I told you to wait for me. Now you didn't get to choose anything from the bakery." He places the bag onto the bedside table; a round loaf of bread rolls out.

She looks up from her magazine, her legs outstretched on the bed, "Did you steal the entire store's worth?"

He takes a roll and starts to try to rip off a chunk, struggling. "'Steal'? No, no, I actually bought all this. Don't want to tip off the local authorities yet. Plus, the family that ran the shop were super nice." He strains, finally getting a fist full of bread.

She takes a deep breath. "If no one knows we're here, how are we supposed to get the attention of this 'Hawkman'?"

"Hawkmoth!" he corrects through a mouth full of bread.

"Whatever." She places her magazine aside, "What can he do for us anyway?"

He finishes his bite. "Did you not get my link?"

"Nope."

"Are you sure?"

"Uh huh."

"Oh, well then. Hawkmoth is Paris' number one villain! And he does this by making other villains out of civilians. If I could get him to share with me this level of mind control, I would be unstoppable!" he squeezes the loaf of bread in his hands.

"So how do we find him?" she asks, already knowing the answer.

"Ah," he pauses in thought, "I... actually don't know. No one has ever really seen him in person."

"Wow. Great planning on your part." She rolls her eyes before returning to her reading.

He wads the bread into a ball, "Don't patronize me, Sheego! I will find him! I will gain his powers! I will-"

"Is that a butterfly?" She points out a purple butterfly flying in from the closed window.

His fists tighten "Don't interrupt me with your sudden fascination for the local bugs! I said I will find him and so that Kim Possible can never stand in my way again! Ugh, get this thing away from me!" he yells as the butterfly nears him.

Sheegos eyes widen as the butterfly phases into the bread in his hand.

"How's your day been, M'lady?" Chat asks as he vaults onto their rooftop meeting place.

She shrugs, "Would've been better if that akuma hadn't woke me up." She yawns reflexively.

He smiles, "I don't know; I don't mind waking up that early since the first thing I got to see was you."

She holds back the urge to roll her eyes, simply holding back any comments. "Come on, Kitty," she leaps off the building and starts their patrol around the city.

"Was it something I said?" he calls out before using his staff to vault after her.

"Let's go, Ron. Put the cheese down."

He finishes slipping another few cubes of cheese into his pants pocket, "I'm coming, I'm coming. It may not be Bueno Nacho cheese, but it's alright for a snack on the go."

"That's some of the most authentic, real, cheese I've ever seen." She gestures to the half empty, complimentary cheese platter from guest services, "It doesn't even belong on a scale with Bueno Nacho."

He nods, "I know right? Bueno Nacho blows these cheeses out of the water!"

Kim rolls her eyes as she steps out onto the balcony. She looks down over the city, watching the cars loop around the streets below. She's just about to turn back to tell Ron to hurry up when something catches her eye. She turns back to the rooftops and sees two figures leaping over the buildings. "Ron, come on!" she uses her grappling hook to leap across the street to the rooftop of the next building. She runs and leaps to catch up with the strangers, leaving Ron behind.

He glimpses up in time to see her swing across the road. "K.P!" he fumbles for his own grappling gun. Rufus dives into his cheese-filled pockets, securing himself for the jump. He latches his grappling hook to the structure across the street, yanking him forward and off the balcony.

Kim looks back momentarily at Ron to make sure he's following, and hadn't just fallen off the balcony. She pushes herself forward, "Hey, you there!" she calls after the red and black figures jumping in front of her.

Chat's ears twitch. He looks behind them, "Uh, Ladybug? We've got company,"

She looks back and sees the two people following them across the buildings, "Akumas?"

He shrugs, "Should we ask what they want?"

Ladybug slides to a stop on the next flat roofed house, Chat stopping next to her.

The two strangers stop across from them, leaving a large gap of space. Ron nudges Kim, "It's them. The heroes that Wade talked about; Ladybug and Cat Noir."

"It's 'Chat Noir', thank you." Chat steps towards them, "You're not from around here, are you?" he leans on his staff, looking them over.

Kim opens her mouth to answer but Ron steps forward and speaks instead. "So what if we aren't? Hmm?"

"We protect this city. I just need to know if you're a threat or not." Chat continues, swinging his tail around casually, a smirk stuck to his face.

Ron moves closer to him, eyes narrowing, "Yeah, well, we're just here looking for our own threat. We'll be on our way as soon as we can, no reason to worry about us."

"You were following us." He points out.

"Ah-" Ron pauses, looks to Kim, unsure. She steps forward, "Yeah, hi, I'm Kim, and this is Ron." She gestures, "We're just passing through for a mission. One of our usual baddies is up to something here and we've come to stop him, simple as that." She explains quickly, getting Ron to back down.

Chat relaxes and looks back to Ladybug who then steps forward. "I guess you already know who we are, if the costumes didn't give it away." She smiles, "If you need help catching your guy, we'll be here to help."

Ron nudges his way back into the loop, "Yeah thanks. And if you don't mind, can I ask about the whole costume thing, and the animal code names thing, and, well, the whole superhero thing overall? Do you have actual powers?" his eyes switching between Ladybugs yoyo and Chats staff. "I've tried to convince Kim to let us wear more colorful outfits but it's never taken hold."

"Are you from America?" Ladybug asks, trying to redirect the conversation away from them, "What city do you guys normally protect?"

Kim and Ron look at each other, "We pretty much don't have one city that we protect." Kim answers.

"Yeah, we just go wherever the world need our help!" he punches and kicks the air energetically.

"That's actually kinda cool." Chat admires, "We never leave Paris."

"Oh, dude, you gotta get out there. The world is amazing, dangerous at times, but awesome." Ron puts his arm around Chat, "I can't tell you how many countries that I've almost been killed in, no joking, can't keep track, most people would consider it a problem."

"We couldn't leave." Ladybug pulls Chat to her side, "We have our own villain to constantly worry about. If we left, Hawkmoth would either turn Paris upside-down or follow us with his Akumas."

"'Hawkmoth'? That's who our guy is looking for!" Kim exclaims.

"That's impossible." Chat interjects, "No one has ever seen Hawkmoth in the flesh. Your guy..."

"Drakken"

"...Drakken, is out of luck, I'm afraid." He concludes.

Just then, a booming crash echoes through the streets; a cloud of dust rises into the air like a mushroom cloud.

"We have to go." Ladybug zips away.

"Care to join us?" Chat asks before vaulting off in the same direction.

They look at each other for a moment before running off after them.