The Wedding Planner pt 2 (12,534 words)

((Updated 8/18/20))

~ A Few Months After the Fire ~

"Alright, open your eyes..." Adrien says excitedly, holding Marinette's hands on the sidewalk, pulling her forward to an unknown reveal.

She uncovers her eyes and her mouth drops, reading the sign above the door, "DC&A, as in Dupain-Cheng and Agreste?" she comments, slightly amused as her heart flutters.

He puts an arm around her, "I had to justify it to my financial team somehow. But don't worry, it's all yours and you can run your business however you want." He assures. "Wanna go inside?"

She nods, "Of course!"

He instantaneously scoops her up in his arms. Marinette's laugh chimes out as she wraps her arms around his shoulders, cheek to cheek with her boyfriend. He carries her through the new glass doors of her newly rebuilt bridal boutique, kisses her briefly, then sets her down.

"Adrien..." she says in awe, taking in all the new equipment, desks and chairs, and supplies lit in the late afternoon light. "This is amazing... it's better than I could've ever imagined," she blots the corner of her eye with the sleeve of her cardigan, "Thank you, Adrien."

He takes her by the hand, "You haven't seen the best part yet," he leads her towards the rear of the building. He turns his head back, "Oh, and the bakery is still on the second floor, and our new apartment is above that, like your old place; and I've contacted all your old employees and they all said they'd return!"

"You really thought of everything," she remarks.

"I hope so. I had to do something when visiting hours ended." He leads her to an office door next to a glass encased, slightly singed, pigeon hat.

"Oh my god..." Marinette touches the glass, "they found it?"

He beams, "Yeah, one of the few things to survive, actually." He wraps his arm around her shoulder and pulls her close as she looks at the hat.

She smiles at an old memory, leaning her head against his chest.

After a moment, he whispers, "You wanna see your new office?"

Marinette dabs away another tear with her sleeve. "Yeah"

He pushes open the door and guides her in ahead of him. Wide eyed, she gazes upon the elegant detail and accents of color that catch her eye. Some of her designs are framed along the light, dusty-rose, colored walls. "Adrien..."

"Go sit at your new desk," he insists from behind her.

She walks cautiously over to her desk, as if the wrong move would end this dream-like state that she felt. She sits in her chair and looks up at Adrien across from her, surprised to find him on one knee, just inside the doorframe. "Adrien..." she breathes out, nearly inaudible, "are you..."

Adrien struggles to keep a big goofy grin off his face and to keep his heart from leaping out of his chest. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I love you. I loved you even before I knew I loved you. I can't change the past, but I was hoping to be a part of your future. Whether-"

"YES!" She cries, practically flinging herself over her desk, and falling onto her own knees in front of him.

He opens his arms as she falls into them, "Excuse you, I wasn't finished" he teases, feeling Marinette's body shake from emotion.

She bites her bottom lip, "Sorry, please continue," she giggles. She clears her throat, trying to regain her composure but failing.

"Thank you." He pulls a red velvet ring box out of his jacket pocket, "Whether it's as your friend, husband, or partner in black leather," Marinette covers her mouth, stifling a laugh, "I don't ever want to leave your side." He opens the ring box and reveals a generous, but still modest, engagement ring. "Marinette, will you marry me?"