Chat Blanc: Part 4 (1485 words)

"Hawkmoth?!" Marinette stumbles back against the door. "Where's Mr. Agreste? What did you do with him?" she demands.

"Oh, I suggested that he step out for a moment while I do some business of my own." he takes a step closer to Marinette.

She tries the door handle but finds it locked. She faces him, "I don't know what you want from me; I'm not Ladybug. You're mistaken." she raises her hands in defense, trying to stay cool.

"Now, that's not what I heard the other day. Ladybug told Chat Blanc that she was Marinette, trying to free him from my akuma." He takes a step closer, almost within arm's length away.

"That's strange, for her to say that..." her back is pressed against the doors.

He smiles, "Well, if you're not Ladybug, you wouldn't mind handing over those earrings of yours, would you?"

Her hands automatically fly to her ears, "Or else...what?"

"Or else I can make sure Mr. Agreste never comes back."

She's taken aback for a moment, her fingers lingering on the cool, smooth, surface of her Miraculous. "Where is he?!" she exclaims.

"Only I know the answer to that. So, if I were you, I'd choose my next words carefully." he smirks, his fingers tapping the top of his cane.

Of course she knew what she had to do, there really was no other choice in her mind. "Fine. Take them." She removes her earrings methodically, trying to memorize this moment. As she removes the second earring she feels as if a part of her soul escapes her.

Her hand doesn't let out a single quiver as she holds out her Miraculous to Hawkmoth. "Tell me where Mr. Agreste is." She encloses the Miraculous in her fist.

"He'll come back once you hand over your Miraculous. Not a moment sooner. I swear it." His eyes narrow, growing impatient.

She takes a shaky breath, "Here." She opens her hand and Hawkmoth snatches them from her. She feels her heart drop in her chest, down to the pit of her stomach. Her hand falls to her side, limp.

He palms them, inspecting them. "At last..."

"Where's Mr. Agreste?" She states firmly, no longer patient.

He smirks, "Don't fret, he'll be joining us shortly," with that he swirls his cane above him and smacks Marinette right in the side of her head, knocking her out cold.

"Marinette! Mari, Mari,"

Marinette feels herself being shaken. Her head throbs as she struggles to open her eyes. A hand caresses her cheek and the bump forming on her head. "A-Adrien..." she moves her hand to take his and guide his hand to her ears "...My-"

"I know," he goes back to holding her head, "we'll get them back, don't worry. We have to make sure you're okay first."

She pry's her eyes open, finding herself looking up at Adrien's concerned eyes. "Is...is your dad...?"

"Yeah, he's fine, he's with Nathalie right now. We found both of you knocked out in here when you didn't come out after a long time." He lets out a chuckle, "Thought father was just giving you a hard time."

She attempts to sit up, realizing she's on Adrien's couch in his room. She grabs her head, the thudding against her temples intensifies. "It was Hawkmoth, he took your father; he must have heard me when I was trying to snap you out of your akuma trance. I should have seen this coming..." she puts her head in her hands.

He takes her hands in his, making sure to catch her eye, "Thank you, thank you for saving my father." He kisses her hands entwined with his, "We'll get your Miraculous back. I promise."