Orc Bound: Part 2 (777 words)

Chat jumps through his bedroom window, tucking and rolling as his transformation releases. "This is all my fault!" Adrien stresses, pacing back and forth across his floor. "If I hadn't been so careless LB wouldn't have had to make that deal and get tricked. Where could she be?!" He turns to Plagg, refreshing himself by eating camembert on Adrien's bed.

"Well, 'bad luck' is kinda your thing, Chat Noir." he swallows another piece of stinky cheese, "We'll find her, don't worry." he brushes off. "You tried calling her on your communicator, right?"

He nods vigorously, "Of course! That was the first thing I tried! But she was already de-transformed," he plops down on the bed, "Hawkmoth must have her by now. What if he now knows her identity? What if he's planning on threatening her family? What if she's being tortured? What if I don't find her in time??" he bolts back up and starts pacing again.

"What part of 'don't worry' do you not understand?" he floats up to Adrien's face, stopping him in his tracks. "I can detect her Kwami's presence. I can allow you to feel it too once you're transformed. We'll find them in no time."

Adrien blinks, "Wait. Back up. You can feel her Kwami's presence? Do you know who she really is??" he cups Plagg in his hands.

He shrugs, "Let's say, I have a pretty good hunch," he snickers "that I'm not allowed to tell you about."

Adrien rolls his eyes, refusing to acknowledge the slight burn in his cheeks. "Let's just go already." he lets him go, "Plagg, transform me!"

Chat Noir leaps back onto the rooftops of Paris, a new feeling rising in his chest, as if a single thread was tugging at him, pulling him in the right direction. 'This must be what Plagg was talking about.' he eagerly extends his staff and vaults in the direction of his missing partner.

He leaps from rooftop to rooftop, following his new instinct. After nearly an hour, he finally comes upon a warehouse on the outskirts of Paris. 'I'm coming for you, LB' he thinks to himself as he peers in one of the windows. His eyes widen when he sees what the warehouse holds: "'Agreste Designs'?" he reads the writing printed on the boxes within. He shakes his head, 'This is just some weird coincidence. Stay focused.' he slinks in through the unlocked window, quietly landing on his feet in the dimly lit warehouse.

He's almost tempted to just scream out for her; so close but yet so far, he holds it in. He is absolutely silent as he moves along the concrete floor; his cat like senses also on high alert for any sign of trouble.

Just as he turns the corner around some shelving, he sees the remnants of smoke billows rolling over his feet. Without hesitation he scampers up the shelving and boxes, soon finding himself looking down upon the orc that stole Ladybug.

The massive creature lumbers around the corner that Chat previously occupied not seconds ago. He sighs with relief that he has gotten away unnoticed, so far. As the orc stomps past, he notices something shimmer purple, dangling on the back of his belt: a small key chain of a battle axe. 'The Akuma!' He crouches down, ready to pounce for it... but a tug at his chest stops him. The invisible thread pulls him back. Chat sighs, 'Right. I need Ladybug before I even attempt to get the Akuma.' he smiles to himself, 'Even without you here, you're still the voice of reason, LB'.

He stays on the high ground, leaping from shelf to shelf, until reaching a door on the far side of the floor. He climbs back down. The sign on the door saying 'Corporate access only'. 'Time to move up in the world, I guess.' he sticks one of his claws into the keyhole, jimmying it until a soft click comes from the mechanism.

A loud grunt echoes from behind him, followed by footsteps increasing at an alarming rate in his direction. He quickly slides into the room and shuts the door behind him, hoping for the best.

"Who's there?" the voice he 's been searching for cries out. The room is completely dark except for a dim light coming from a barred hole in the floor.

He smiles, relief washing over him. He opens his mouth to respond, but he's cut off.

"No one really, Ladybug. Your friend Chat Noir has just finally decided to join us."

A thin figure emerges from the darkness, standing over the light from below, Hawkmoth reveals himself.

Chat readies his staff.