New Year's (825 words)

"Where does your family think you are right now?" Chat asks as they peruse the night streets of Paris, alive with new year's eve festivities.

Ladybug walks beside him on the roofs edge, careful not to slip on the newly forming layer of snow. "Asleep." She grapples her way across a gap to the next rooftop. "Told my family I wasn't feeling well and wanted to turn in early. How about you?"

His eyebrows raise, "Oh, same thing, in my room, asleep." He looks down at the sea of people below, all heading the same direction. "Seems like everyone is heading for the Eiffel Tower now. Should we settle a spot over there to keep an eye out?"

She nods and throws her yoyo out to swing her off in that direction, "I think I know just the spot!" She calls before swinging over the streets. Chat follows suit, vaulting himself in pursuit.

People are packed into the park, Champ de Mars, that lies in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower. Rambunctious and full of energy, the crowd seemed to pulse with collective anticipation of the approaching hour. Ladybug settles on a broad beam of the tower, sitting comfortably as she scans the crowd before her. Chat joins her, leaning on his staff. A few people below call out to them, waving to their heroes. Ladybug and Chat look to them and wave back, allowing the citizens to return to their festivities.

"The police seem to be doing a pretty good job keeping everyone out of trouble, well, too much trouble." Chat notes "It doesn't seem like they really need us here; not that I'm not delighted to spend new year's eve with you, M'lady."

She shrugs, "They requested we come to lend an extra hand in case any Akumas arise."

"Hopefully Hawkmoth is taking a break for the holiday, just curled up in his lair with a cup of coco, or something." He eases himself down onto the beam with her. "Everyone needs a break once and awhile."

She smiles, looking over the masses of people, "I hope so." She shifts her gaze to him, "Got any resolutions?" She smirks at her own imaginings of what they could be.

His face scrunches up slightly, thinking, before admitting "Nothing too big. Spending more time with you just may be at the top, right under revealing our identities." His big green eyes locking on hers.

Ladybug knew there's nothing but truth in those eyes. Her heart aches longingly, a feeling that has been growing over the past few weeks; all too familiar. Her smile falters for just a moment as words struggle to pass her lips, "C-chat,"

"I know, I know," He reflexively leans slightly away from her, giving her space, "but," he leans back into his original position, "I..I just can't shake this feeling that we are meant to be... more." He takes her hand, causing her to jump a little, but she eases. "Ladybug, I want to know who you are; I want you to know who I am, the real me!" He urges gently, still holding her hand in his.

Ladybug's eyes are locked on the image of their hands intertwined between them; memorizing the feel. "Chat-" She feels her breathing hitch slightly, "Chat, we... can't." Her vision starts to blur.

The crowd below erupts in a singular chant, "10! 9! 8! 7! -"

"I should get going." He states abruptly, standing and releasing her hand from his. He extends his staff.

"No, Chat!" She wraps her hand around the bottom of the staff, holding him back.

He tilts his head to look down at her when her lips meet his.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" The crowds shout as fireworks cascade behind the Eiffel Tower.

Her kiss is gentle and short, but conveys everything. She parts from him slightly, "Happy new year, Chat," she cracks a smile as she sees his eyes blown wide open at her. She pecks him on the cheek, "I'm gonna check on the people."

He doesn't respond, his mouth slightly agape.

She smiles before she swings out over and around the crowds dancing below her.

His eyes follow her. When she's far enough away, his knees give out and he collapses onto the beam, utterly defenseless. "I think this is gonna be a good year..." he mumbles to himself. Taking a deep breath to collect himself, he swings his legs out over the edge and vaults after Ladybug in a shower of golden confetti.

((Just a short, fluffy, bit for you all. Hope you are all having a good holiday and new year's. Here's to a great 2017 and beyond. I believe in you guys, let's make 2017 amazing!

Vote, comment, and follow to know when I make new stuff. I look forward to writing more and maybe getting back on a regular publishing schedule this year, so keep a look out for that. Love you guys!))