The Real Antibug: Part 2 (1120 words)

"Ladybug, how unexpected." A deep voice rolls through her head, lulling her into a daze. "I guess our emotions get the better of all of us once and awhile." He laughs darkly, "I can help you with your unfinished business, as long as you give me your Miraculous afterwards."

The words bring her a little out of the haze, she shuts her eyes tightly in resistance, "N-No, I'll never give you my Miraculous, get out of my head!" She demands, gripping the sides of the sink tightly. In the mirror she sees a purple glow around her yoyo, she reaches for it.

As her fingers grace the akumatized object, her hand freezes in place, losing feeling, losing control. "Your record proceeds you, Ladybug, so stubborn." Her hand moves automatically back to the sink. She grits her teeth in struggle of trying to regain control of herself, but it's useless. "It's gonna take more than my usual to keep you in line, my dear, but it is very doable." She watches helplessly in the mirror as the blue of her eyes is slowly consumed by violet, feeling herself slip farther and farther away from reality.

"Ladybug?"

"Yes, Hawkmoth?" She vows without hesitation.

"I think it's time you find the person who did you wrong and make them pay dearly."

"Yes, Hawkmoth." She echoes, her heart filled with rage and hate.

"And if Chat Noir comes by, you will take his Miraculous and give his and yours to me."

"Yes, Hawkmoth." She repeats as her body is engulfed in purple and black smoke. When it clears, her normal Ladybug suit replaced with one of reverse coloring, black with red spots. She smiles at her reflection with satisfaction.

The bell rings, signaling the end of the period. Antibug turns and busts open the restroom door, narrowly missing passing students. A silence of shock falls over the students as Antibug struts out of the restroom, a sideways smile on her face. "Where. Is. CHLOE?!" She roars at the crowd, swinging her blackened yo-yo violently.

A panic rips through the students, most of them running for the door.

Antibug laughs darkly, "I don't think so," she calls before swinging her yoyo at the panicked students. As the mass of the yo-yo touches them, a glowing purple thread winds its way around their body, immobilizing them as they, one after another, fall to the ground.

Soon the main floor of the school was clear of mobile students. Everyone either tied up on the ground or hiding out in classrooms. "CHLOE! Come out and get your long overdue-"

"Ladybug..."

She snaps her eyes to the source of the voice. The dejected voice was none other than Chat Noir. Neither of them had been akumatized before, the shock of seeing his partner like this makes him take a step back.

"I am not Ladybug, I am ANTIBUG!" She yells, practically shaking the whole school. "Now, my kitty, you can make this easy, just give me your Miraculous!" She smirks, "You know you're no match for me, especially when you don't want to hurt your precious Ladybug." She saunters closer and closer to Chat. She runs a finger down the side of his face. "But then again, after I'm done here, you'll most likely never see her again." She promises.

He snaps, losing all composure he tried to keep. He lunges for her; she slips right through his arms. Antibug leaps into the air and throws her yo-yo at him, which he deftly deflects with his staff. She lands on a railing on the second floor. She then runs along the rail, sliding down the staircase railing, she leaps for Chat. He extends his staff and launches himself into the air to avoid her grasp. "Ladybug! Ladybug come back to me!" He pleads, trying to break through the akuma.

Antibug readies her hand to throw her yo-yo again, when she falters, her arm scrunching in towards her body. "C-hat!" she cries weakly as her hands shake violently. He's at her side in an instant, knowing the voice of the real Ladybug when he hears it. "Y-ou gotta smash my yo-yo." She says as the outline of a purple butterfly forms around her eyes. She closes her eyes tightly, blocking out Hawkmoth as best as she can.

Chat attempts to pry the yo-yo from her hand but her grip is too tight to free it. "I can't!" He pants.

"Ladybug, you will fall to me!" Hawkmoth growls in her head and she can already feel herself losing her grasp on herself.

"Chat, you gotta stop me!"

"What?"

"Just do it!" She yells as she writhes. She collapses towards the floor; Chat catches her in his arms just as her eyes snap open to a new burning, purple glow.

"Thanks for the catch, sweetie." Antibug mocks as she flips out of his arms, kicking him back in the process.

He regains his step and extends his staff, "I'm sorry, LB." He swings it around, ready to deliver a decisive blow.

"Not so fast!" She exclaims before throwing her yo-yo into the air, "Anti-charm!"

The charm forms and in that moment, Chat leaps and hits the yo-yo with his staff from midair, right out of her hand. He lands on the second floor and crushes the yo-yo under his foot; A purple butterfly emerges. Chat pulls out a jar and catches it for now.

Below he watches as the purple smoke clears, revealing his Ladybug back to normal. She looks up to see him on the balcony. Before she can say anything, Chat interrupts her, "M'lady, the anti-charm!" he points to a black-spotted screwdriver by her feet. She quickly understands, throwing the charm into the air, she proclaims "Miraculous Ladybug!" sending streams of flower petals around the school, freeing students and fixing her yo-yo.

Chat tosses down the fixed yo-yo to his partner before releasing the akuma. She catches it swiftly, soon releasing the purified butterfly into the air.

He leaps down beside her, "Remind me not to get on your bad side." He teases.

She pulls him into a hug, "Thanks for saving me." She says sincerely.

He pulls her closer, "It was that scary, wasn't it?" She nods into his shoulder. "Well, it's over now, I got ya" he whispers, "Don't scare me like that again, and never ask me to hurt you, that's a promise I can't keep" he says cradling the back of her head.

Her Miraculous beeps. "Oh, I better go." She releases him from the hug, "Till next time!" she says before she runs off.

"Yeah, next time." Chat smiles to himself before running in the opposite direction.