Class Dismissed: Part 3 (1166 words)

"Great job, Adrien, with yesterday and all, and I guess everything before that as well." Rose stutters as he enters the classroom the next day. "And I'm sorry that somehow word got out about your identity," She adds with some guilt even though she's innocent.

"Thanks, Rose." He smiles as he takes his seat, a little on edge about being in a room of people who know his secret.

"Tell Ladybug that she was awesome too!" Alya adds on as she slides into the seat behind him.

Marinette, following right behind Alya, struggles to hide her grin; Adrien notices, "I'll pass it along."

"Adrikins!" Chloe bursts in through the door and wraps her arms around Adrien. "I never got to tell you how glad I am that you're Chat Noir-" a few students reflexively shush her, "-so now I can be your Ladybug! Wouldn't it be perfect?! Me and you all suited up and showing all of Paris what a real team can do." She sits on his desk and plays with his hair.

Adrien clears his throat, "Chloe, did you tell the reporters about my identity?" He asks calmly, trying to stay non-accusatory. 

She scoffs, waving her hand around, "Oh please, I would never."

"Did you talk to a reporter yesterday?" Alya presses.

She rolls her eyes, "Of course I did; all the reporters want my account of the attacks, I'm the mayor's daughter for crying out loud."

"Maybe you let it slip, on accident." Adrien coaxes, just wanting an answer.

She scoffs, "I can't believe all of you! They only asked me if Chat and Ladybug showed up in time, and I was like, 'how can they not? Well, at least Adrien was here already, who knows where Ladybug spends her time,'" she looks around at everyone's gaping mouths and rolls her eyes, muttering "Simpletons" before going to her seat.

"Well... that's that mystery solved." Alya concludes disapprovingly, "What now?"

Adrien puts his head in his hands, "I don't know. Even if they can't reach Chloe or anyone to back up the statement, it'll always be a rumor..." he takes a deep breath, accepting the inevitable.

"No!" Alya slams her hand on the table, "I'm not letting Chloe ruin this for you." She stands up, "I run the number one source of Ladybug and Chat Noir news, everyone in Paris knows it. I am going to kill this rumor before it really starts!" She declares.

"How?" Nino asks.

She collects herself for a moment, then snaps, "Adrien and Chat just have to be seen at the same place time! I'll film the whole thing and put it on The Ladyblog!"

"Alya, that's perfect!" Marinette chimes.

Adrien eases, "You think we can pull it off?"

"Totally! Whenever the next akuma attack is, I'll take care of it." Alya assures. "Rose, can you help make disguise one of us as Adrien?"

"Of course! Easy." She cheers, "I think I have an old blonde wig at home that I can style to be just like Adrien's."

"Nathaniel, can you stand in as Adrien?" Alya directs.

His eyes go wide, "I-I, uh, yeah, I guess."

"You'll be great, Nathaniel. Thanks for helping." Adrien says, gratefully, "Everyone, I appreciate all your help."

Alya pats him on the back, "We're happy to do this for you after all you've done for us. You don't have to worry about a thing, we'll take care of everything."

~

Later that afternoon, a huge serpent slithers around the street corner, a 300 foot long snake inciting panic among the Parisians. Ladybug and Chat leap down from the rooftops, stopping the creature in its tracks. "Snakes. Why does it have to be snakes?" Chat readies his staff in case of any sudden movements on the snake's part.

"I didn't know cats were afraid of snakes." Ladybug jokes, twirling her yoyo around.

He lets out a forced laugh, "The ones with common sense are."

The creature lashes out at them, its fangs glistening in the late sun. "Give me your Miraculousssss." They hiss, swishing their body back and forth in attempt to surround them.

Alya waits around the corner with Nathaniel, who has been dressed in a set of Adrien's clothes and primed blond wig that Rose was able to style just like Adrien's hair. "This is perfect," she addresses him, "all you have to do is run across this street, making sure you keep your back to me. I should be able to get Adrien and you in the same shot and boom, count the Chat rumor as dead." She pulls up her camera on her phone.

His hands fidget, "You think this will take more than one try?" He jumps at the concussive sound of something getting smashed just around the corner.

She rests her hand on his shoulder, "I'll do my best to get us out of here in no time." He nods. "Alright, let's do this. Remember to wait for my signal." Alya motions.

She rushes to the middle of the deserted street; Chat and Ladybug fighting only a block in front of her. She begins recording the fight before her. "This is Alya of The Ladyblog, reporting to you from the site of the latest Akuma attack-" off camera, she waves her hand to Nathaniel "-which appears to be a huge, snake-like creature bent on tearing up Paris."

Nathaniel takes a deep breath before running full speed across frame, making sure to keep his face turned away. Alya smiles, giving him a thumbs up to the panting doppelganger without pausing her coverage. He moves behind her for the rest of the battle.

"This rouge reptile seems to be no match for our Ladybug and Chat Noir. Using her lucky charm, Ladybug has snared the Akuma and obtained the akumatized object, a necklace of some sort. With the Miraculous power she has returned Paris back to her beautiful self and saved the victim with the help of Chat Noir. This is Ladyblog, signing off" she concludes.

Ladybug zips off in the opposite direction as Chat moves to the nearby shadows, emerging as Adrien before jogging over to Alya. "Did you get it? Did it work?" He asks eagerly, looking to her phone.

She nods, "If I hadn't been the one shooting it, I could swear that you were in two places at once." She shows the clip with Nathaniel running across the screen.

Adrien laughs, "That's awesome! It's posted?"

She taps her screen, "As of now, it is live for the public."

He sighs with relief. "I can't thank you enough for figuring this out, and everyone else to helping bring it together."

"You save us from actual monsters and villains," Nathaniel remarks, "I think we owe you."

He chuckles, "Sure,"

"We're here for you, Adrien; Chat Noir or not." Alya cements, "Unless you pull some comic book stunt of erasing our memories or something, we've got your back." She hits his arm gently. 

He lets her words sink in, soon overcome with the familiar and overwhelming feeling of trust, almost similar to how he feels with Marinette. "Thank you" he says finally, "Just, thank you."