Lose You to Love Me (One-Shot, 12,758 words)

Chat Blanc dangles Ladybug over the side of the bridge, smirking as his prey seemingly lacks the strength to fight anymore. Her wrists and ankles bound together by her own Lucky Charm, an electrical cord, that Blanc used against her. He grips the ends of the cord in his left hand, easily holding her weight over the icy water below as she dangles by her wrists.

She breathes heavily, "Chat, please... please end this." She begs, still desperately searching his eyes for a sign of cognizance.

His eyes shone an unnatural blue, even in the dimming light. "It won't be long now, Ladybug, I promise" he taunts.

The Paris streets had been silent all day, everyone gathered inside to keep warm on the coldest winter day that anyone could remember, and to watch the fight between their local heroes unfold from a safe distance, no one sure of how it will end.

Mayura floats down next to Chat Blanc, "Well done, Chat. Hawkmoth is pleased with your work." She runs a finger down his cheek before turning her attention to Ladybug. "I will say, you put up quite the fight. Too bad it wasn't enough." She reaches out towards her, going for her earrings.

Ladybug gives one last struggle, whipping her head and body around as violently as she can; but Chat keeps a strong grip on her until she tires out again. Her head droops lower than before. She whimpers, "Don't take my Miraculous, please, just drop me."

"Although as tempting as that sounds," Mayura croons, "Hawkmoth requires your Miraculous, not your life." She deftly steals Ladybug's Miraculous from her ears. "Although, that is a nice bonus... Drop her." She commands Chat while Ladybug de-transforms.

He releases his grip, but the image before him sends a shock to his system.

Marinette's wide eyes meet his as she seemingly plummets in slow motion before him. He clumsily grapples for the wire again, but it slips through his fingers.

Mayura doesn't miss this, "Chat Blanc. Come along, Hawkmoth is waiting for us." She scolds, pocketing the Ladybug Miraculous.

He whirls around, teeth gritted, "N-no."

A purple halo forms around his eyes and Hawkmoth's voice reverberates in his ears, "I command you to bring me your Miraculous, Chat Blanc!"

Chat grabs his temples, trying to block him out, when he hears the unmistakable sound of something, or someone, breaking through the ice of the river, dropping to the river bed.

His mind clears completely.

He throws himself over the side of the bridge, taking a deep breath before perfectly diving through the hole in the ice that Marinette had fell through.

His muscles seize from entering the freezing waters, but with his suit he's able to manage. He swims with the current under the ice, knowing he must catch up to Marinette soon if she stands any chance.

Something glints in the dark water ahead of him. He pushes himself and reaches blindly, before his fingers finally wrap around an arm.

He claws at the ice above them, quickly creating an exit from their near icy grave. Gasping, the frigid air stings his lungs as he heaves himself up onto the frozen surface and pulling Marinette out onto his lap, unmoving.

He unties her, noticing the contrast between his, once again, black suit, and the ice, trying to shield her body from the wind. Lifting her limp hand, he searches for a pulse, not detecting anything. He wills himself not to lose hope as he performs CPR to the best of his ability and memory.

He presses his cold lips to her freezing ones, forcing warm air into her lungs, then compressing her chest, trying to jumpstart her heart.

After several rounds of this, all the water seems to have been cleared from her lungs and airway, but her extremities continue to turn blue and purple from the cold. Not to mention the small, red pool of blood spreading across the ice from under her head.