"That doesn't mean you aren't more than a friend." He said, "Labels doesn't equal the emotions right?"

I tried to hide the smile as I bit my lip, feeling the butterflies dance around in my stomach. That's one of the sweetest things he's ever said, the most genuine too. His lips turned to a smirk and his eyes flicked to my lips. My cheeks flared at the gesture and I tried to hide it again.

"You always have this bitchy—feisty..." He corrected, "...side. Then you shy when I'm around." His smirk forces me to look away from him. He's right again when he's around, it's like a different person comes out of me, the kind I can actually cope with.

"That's cause you bring out the worst in me, " he mumbled and he chuckled softly.

"No...I think I bring out the real in you, "

Since when did he become so poetic?

"All right, Mr poet." I chuckled. I can't believe we are actually agreeing about something. Sure, he brought out the worst in me, but the best too. When he's around, I find the strength to stand up for myself and fight, so yeah, he's right.

"But I think I have the right to still be mad at you, " he smirked.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"Care to explain why you were all over Mr hit or miss?" The smirk on his face disappeared into a questioning look.

Oh right, that.

"I—well, why we're you all over Court?" I asked, but he only scoffed.

"Easy, I was trying to get a distraction." He said, "and make you jealous."

My heart beat in my throat at his blatant words and I couldn't help a mischievous smirk.

"Same reason, " I tell him, and I see his eyes darken.

I feel his arms loosen as we both bobbed up and down in the water. As he loosens his grip, my dress rakes up and almost pushes it down when I feel both his hands trail up my thighs.

My breath hitches, and my eyes widened in surprise, yet he only looks at me with amusement.

"You think you deserved to be at least punished for that?" He said, but I see a subtle hint of hunger in his eyes almost enough to intimidate me.

I shook my head and asked him, "Did...did it work at least?"

"Like magic, " he whispered lowly, and I shivered as I feel his hand closer to my inner thigh, grazing the sensitive skin.

He comes in for a kiss, but I pull away. The shock and disappointment in his face were almost as entertaining as the teasing. But I want to ask him one more thing before he loses himself.

He groans in frustration, and I giggle.

"Last thing, " I said as he glared at me, "I wanna know what your tattoo means, "

He rolls his eyes at me, but he never moved his hand away, making it hard to focus.

"Which one?" He said with irate.

"The one on your back, "

He raised his brows at me as his lips parted. Feeling bad for his missed opportunity, I lean in to kiss the corner of his lips and the scowl on his face turns to a well-known smirk.

"You know how to tease don't you?" I flushed at his statement knowing full well that I've never done that or in fact, I've never done the things I have with Chase with anyone else. He's all just that different.

"Well, if you should know." He started drawing circles on the corners of my thighs. "People had always said that Lucifer did something wrong, and he was sent to hell and turned to a devil because of that. Everyone has got their own story and I have mine, "