"Are you still scared of me?" I couldn't tell what his voice entailed but I didn't want to open my eyes to see.

"More than ever, " I breathed.

For a moment it was silent, the waves only flooding my mind and my silent sobs let me know how I feel.

"I never meant you to be, " he cleared.

"If that's true, then you're not doing a very good job."

"I know."

Slowly, the silence started to become more bearable but that's the time when I actually felt more scared. I would usually assume his intentions, or know the pattern but right now, not being able to see him meant I couldn't read him. Though I liked it better that way.

"Did you...did you miss me?" He mumbled making my heart stop.

"What?"

He stays silent again but I feel him shuffle beside me and I wanted to open my eyes but I still don't, I'm still scared of what I'll see.

"Waverly. Please...just please look at me." His voice almost sounded like he's begging and more tears made their way.

No, no, Grace, hold on. Don't give in now.

"No, " I sobbed and I hear him curse under his breath.

His hand snakes up to my tear-stained cheek and a few sobs escape as the feeling became overwhelming. His rough hands coming off as a familiar feeling on my soft skin, I hated the way I wanted it.

"Why?"

"Because...I don't want it... I...I don't wanna hurt myself again. I don't wanna believe that you care because you don't. I hate feeling like this, crying...crying like this." I sobbed, still keeping my eyes closed as I feel my heart clench at each sob.

His thumb drew circles on just below my eye as he turned my head to look at him, and I feel his warm breath on my skin.

"I hate seeing you like this."

"You don't because if you do, then you won't make me cry like this." I cried.

"Wave, please just open your eyes. Look at me."

No.

"Baby, please."

Even if it starts to hurt, I can't give in now.

"Please..." He whispered then I feel him rest his forehead on mine that's when familiar electricity hit me, sending me off the edge as I whimpered and sobbed.

"Why...why...do you do this?" I quivered.

"I don't-fuck- I don't know. I just do because...I'm fucked up and I'm a mess and I don't know the hell I'm doing." He admits and my heart stops, my eyes opening with it.

Now as I pull away, I see him, his eyes were sad and dark his once strong features now replaced with soft and distressed ones. I read his face, trying to see every part of him and I saw the weakness in his eyes as hey widened, seeing me with my eyes opened.

"You always say things like that, then you walk away, " I whispered to him and he shook his head.

"Not this time. I meant every single word. Waverly...I've been the worst in these past days because I couldn't fucking get a hold of you. As soon as I walked away, I wanted to come back but I was too fucked up and selfish to do that. I cared more about what I would've looked rather than what I felt and it messed me up."

His earnest words astound me and I stare at him in surprise. He waited for me to say something but cursed when I didn't say anything.

"Wave, please say something, " he grabs my hand.