Just The Two of Us (F)

College au! Jeongguk and Taehyung always have busy schedules and they never have any time for themselves. One afternoon their classes are cancelled and they decide to go on a date 💜

********************

Taehyung was tired.

He had sat through 3 lectures that day and had just finished submitting his Chemistry thesis. It was 10pm and all he wanted to do was curl up in Jeongguk's embrace and go to sleep for a couple of days.

Taehyung smiled softly at the thought of spending some time with Jeongguk for a while. Lately, their schedules were all over the place and they didn't have a second to breathe. Jeongguk never had any time to spare, always too busy with exams and projects to make time for his boyfriend. But Taehyung wasn't complaining though, he knew how stressed out Jeongguk was with his crazy workload, and he knew he wasn't being ignored on purpose. Late at night, when he'd finally finished his work, Jeongguk would crawl into their bed and pull Taehyung close to him, kissing his head and mumbling soft apologies into his neck.

Sweet love confessions and dreams about the future were all Jeongguk spoke about when he thought Taehyung was asleep. He'd pour his whole heart out to Tae in his little late night soliloquies, raw and unfiltered and completely vulnerable. It made Taehyung's heart swell, knowing Jeongguk told him he loved him, even when he thought he couldn't hear.

Taehyung yawned, eyes closed in exhaustion as he shuffled around their apartment. Jeongguk was supposed to be back by now, but Taehyung figured that he was probably studying his head off in the library.

He was about to sit down on the couch, until he heard the jingle of keys at the door. He smiled fondly, knowing Jeongguk could never get the right key on the first try. Just one of many of his adorable traits.

The door opened quietly and Jeongguk tiptoed inside, obviously trying to not make any sound.

"Jeongguk." Taehyung called softly.

Jeongguk stopped in his tracks and pouted.

"Baby you're supposed to be asleep by now. It makes me feel bad when you stay up and wait for me."

Taehyung shook his head.

"I don't mind, Guk. Just wanted to see you."

Jeongguk smiled sadly, dropping his bag on the ground and opening his arms out for Taehyung, who waddled over and fit perfectly in his strong embrace.

"M'sorry bun."

"Don't be sorry, Gukkie. It's not your fault you're busy. I'm just happy you're here now." Taehyung whispered, eyes closing in comfort as Jeongguk pressed a kiss to his head.

"Did you eat, love?" Guk said.

"Yeah. I had the little bowl of curry you left me. I don't even know when you had time to make that for me! You probably had to have woken up so early to do that! You must've been so tired, Guk." Taehyung mumbled.

"Don't worry about me, Tae. I just wanted to make sure you ate at least one thing today." Jeongguk said softly. Taehyung didn't say anything, just holding onto Jeongguk tighter.

"Do you wanna take a bath with me? And then we'll head to bed?" Jeongguk asked.

"Mhm."

"C'mon then." He said, holding Taehyung's hand and leading him towards the bathroom. Jeongguk smiled warmly, watching Taehyung brush his teeth slowly, head falling as he tried to fight his sleepiness.

The two sat in the bath, submerged in the warm, bubble-filled water. Taehyung lazily pushed his rubber duckie along the water. (A/N: I can't read that without thinking of Bang Chan 😂)

Taekook Oneshots.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara