Animal Instincts (F)

Alpha! Jeongguk (20 years old)
Omega! Taehyung (18 years old)
(Older Guk coz I'm a whore for it lmao)

Jeongguk always knew that Taehyung would be his mate and though it's a struggle, he'd gladly wait until Taehyung's presentation before claiming the sweet omega as his soulmate.

*****

Jeon Jeongguk was an alpha. Everyone knew that. It was obvious by the way he carried himself, the way he walked and the way he made sure everyone was comfortable at all times. Everyone wanted him.

What was not to be desired? The chiseled jaw? Or the rippling muscles which bulged even in the loosest of t-shirts? Maybe it was his dark raven locks which tumbled effortlessly into his face, bringing out his shiny black eyes which scintillated when he smiled.
There was nothing about Jeon Jeongguk which wasn't perfect and everyone wanted to be the one he called his.

But they couldn't be. Because Jeon Jeongguk was the soulmate of Kim Taehyung. This came as a surprise to everyone; Taehyung included. You see, Taehyung was a small, shy omega who was lusted over by nearly every unmated Alpha in their college. He was petite and curvy but had sinful long legs which caught the eyes of everyone.  He and Jeongguk were in the same friendship group, and had spent countless nights participating in strictly platonic sleepovers. Of course he had noticed Jeongguk's natural charm; who hadn't? But he didnt dare to imagine that he'd be his mate.

"Of course not!" Taehyung explained to his best friend Jimin, head dangling upside down off the edge of the bed, "Why would it be me of all people to be Gukkie's mate? There's nothing special about me at all. I don't stand a chance!"

But how wrong he was.

So fast forward the day after Taehyung's confession to Jimin, and he's sat in Jeongguk's lavish apartment, ungracefully sprawled out on his soft sofa. The two had just finished binge watching the entire series of "Suspicious Partner" and Tae was tired to the core. Bleary eyed, he watched as Jeonggukk returned from the kitchen and back to the living room with a pack of white chocolate in his hands.

"Tae baby, you gotta wake up a bit. Eat something before you go to sleep, yeah?Can't have you feeling sick tomorrow can we? Hmmm?" Jeongguk called out softly. The nicknames rolled off his tongue out of habit and honestly he knew Taehyung secretly liked it, so he didn't bother stopping.

He was fully aware that maybe chocolate wasn't the best thing to offer Tae but he couldn't help himself as he imagined the way Tae's eyes would light up as soon as chocolate was involved. Setting the food onto the table, he knelt down infront of Taehyung who was half asleep on the couch.

"M'too tired to eat Gukk." He yawned, trying to snuggle further into the cushions. "I'll jus' do it tomorrow."

Jeongguk laughed, well aware that Taehyung had no clue what he was even saying. God he was so cute. He stood up and decided to carry Tae to his room so he could sleep more comfortably. It was too unfair to send the other home when he was this tired and this cute. He paused, taking the time to admire the beauty beneath him. It was almost painful, how hard Jeongguk's heart was beating for Taehyung, and Taehyung only. Ever since the day they met, nearly 3 years ago, he knew Tae was the one for him. Something deep within told him that the boy with the messy blonde hair and oversized clothes, would be the one to shine bright red and blue in his monochrome world.

He sighed, scooping up Taehyung and carrying him bridal style up the stairs and into his bedroom. Laying him gently on the bed, he shook the boy awake, trying to be as gentle as possible.

"Babe, you gotta change out of your clothes before you sleep. I know how much you hate sleeping in loads of clothes. C'mon babe. Up up." Jeongguk hummed.