The Review (M)

This is a request from tatasbean I hope you like it!!

Jeongguk the chef has very high self esteem and knows he's great at his craft. Everyone agrees that he's a brilliant cook - everyone except Kim Taehyung, a stuck up food critic, and Jeongguk is determined to change his opinion, one way or another.

Lightsum Vivace has been in my head alllll week omg 🤣

“I just don’t understand why he didn’t like my dish.” Jeongguk spits bitterly under his breath as he throws his apron down to the ground in resentment, storming off towards the back room of the kitchen in absolute blind rage.

“Jeongguk, it’s okay,” Jimin tries to placate, anxiously running after the head chef because he knows how worked up Jeongguk gets over negative reviews. “It’s only one critic that doesn’t like you; your reputation is still fantastic.”

“It’s not about my reputation, Jimin, it’s about me as a man. My entire entity is defined by my cooking skills and that...that snot nosed bastard is fucking ruining everything!”

“W-Well, he is entitled to his own opinion.”

“You’re fucking fired.”

“Jeongguk.”

“Get the fuck out.”

“Jeongguk calm down.”

“I will not calm down. I don’t ever wanna see his face again.”

“He’s a critic, it’s in the name; he’s gonna write mean shit about you! It's just his opinion.”

“His opinion that influences at least 5000 people.”

“It can’t be that many people.”

“Have you seen him, Jimin? He could literally pass as a model and everyone knows it. There were real life paparazzi people outside the door just to take pictures of him specifically.”

“Okay fine, he’s hot. But the majority of his fans don’t know the first thing about food and they still come here and dine regardless. They just like to see his face, that’s all.”

“I’m going to fucking puncture his lung next time I see him.”

“Now you’re just overreacting.”

“I’m not! My salmon was seared to perfection and my blend of seasonings was superb too. Sure, presentation could've been a little bit better but that cunt didn’t even fucking eat most of it. Just sniffed the air around it and called it a day. What, three measly forkfuls and that’s supposed to be adequate? I just don’t understand why he didn’t like it. Or...or do you think he just doesn’t like me?”

“Not the conspiracy theories please.” Jimin groans as he rolls his eyes.

“I’m serious, Jimin. I think he leaves shit reviews because he doesn’t like me. Maybe he’s jealous.”

“Of what?” Jimin barks out a laugh of disbelief, “What exactly do you have that Kim Taehyung doesn’t?”

“Working tastebuds?”

“Piss off, Jeongguk. Just admit defeat and call it a day, okay? Taehyung: 5 and Jeongguk: 0.”

“You’ve got a lot of nerve to piss me off in a room full of knives.” Jeongguk muttered.

“Yeah right, pussy.” Jimin dismisses, “When you’re done sulking, come help me prep the beef, okay?"

“I am not sulking.”