For A Lifetime (B)

PLEASE READ MY BOOK "BALL BOY" BECAUSE I'M SUPER PROUD OF IT AND I LOVE IT A LOT PLEASE GO READ IT PLEASE THANKS

(P.S. Apparently if you read all my books, that automatically means you're sexy 😼)

Not that any of you care, but this entire chapter is in present tense instead of that weird dyslexic mix of present and past that I usually do. 😭

There's a whole lotta death mentioned in this so if it aint for you then skrt tf outta here rq 👍🏽

Vampire Jeongguk is so grateful that after 453 years, he's finally found someone who completes him in the best way - Kim Taehyung, a lowly human. But love is fragile and Taehyung is vulnerable, and immortal Jeongguk can do nothing but watch his lover slip away right in front of his eyes.

"Jeongguk, baby, please calm down." Taehyung mumbles as his boyfriend sobs violently into his chest. He runs a hand through his hair and pats his head in a reassuring manner. "You know I hate it when you cry." Jeongguk raises his head slightly, and stares into Taehyung's warm, brown eyes as he continues to cry, but he makes no effort to respond.

Taehyung sighs.

"I'm still here, so there's no reason for you to be crying. I haven't died yet, have I?"

"But you will." Jeongguk cries in anguish, wrapping his arms around Taehyung even tighter. "You're gonna die one day, and I won't and I'm going to be all alone forever."

"Gukkie-"

"I don't want you to die, Tae. I don't know how I'd live without you." He chokes out as he's drowned in another wave of tears. "Y-You're sick, Tae. We both know it. A-And there's no telling h-how much time you have."

"I've got a least 20 yea-"

"But that means nothing to me!" Jeongguk cries out in exasperation, "Because I'll still be here for another 500 without you. I-It's not enough time."

Taehyung smiles sadly in understanding and simply bends down to kiss Jeongguk's head in his lap as the vampire cries helplessly in his arms.

"I don't want you to die, but I don't want to life forever either." The vampire admits quietly, as though the truth were so heavy it'd break the atmosphere. "I'd always envisioned that you'd stab me through the heart with a wooden stake, and that we could be together in the afterlife."

"You're so morbid." Tae says softly.

"I've spent the last 200 years thinking about death as though it were something desirable, and now here I am, desperate to keep you away from it. Isn't that sad." Jeongguk laughs bitterly.

"I think," Taehyung begins softly, "That you are so strong and brave, Jeonggukie. Stronger than you'll ever allow yourself to realise. But sometimes you just need to let go of the reins in life; stop trying to tame destiny."

"I just don't want to lose you, you know? It's always at the back of my mind, even in the happiest of moments. You're just so...fallible and there's nothing anyone can do about it." Jeongguk speaks quietly as tears fall from his eyes.

"What's this about, hm? What's made you all worked up like this?" Tae questions gently.

"Th-This morning. You couldn't even stand by yourself Tae. And all those meds you have to take - they're just not normal."

"But at least they're keeping me alive." Tae says soothingly. "A couple days under the weather is nothing if it means a couple more days with you."

"I-I'm just...scared." Jeongguk whispers fragilely. "I'm scared of the day that you're not gonna be here."

"That won't happen for a long time, Jeonggukie."

"But I'll be alive for a long time and even after that, so what does it matter?" He whimpers dejectedly. "You don't understand because I'm always here for you. No trips to the hospital or estimated life expectations; I'll be here for a lifetime and you won't be."

"Th-Then let's make memories to help you remember me, even after I've d-"

"Don't." Jeongguk interrupts, "Don't say it. You know I hate when you say it. It makes it feel too real."

Taehyung looks at him sympathetically.

"Let's make as many memories as we can so you can remember me forever."

"But memories don't last a lifetime, Tae."

"Then let's make a lifetime of memories. A forever minus a day is better than nothing." He smiles bravely, ever the optimist. Jeongguk stares at him with bloodshot, heart-shaped eyes and hugs him even tighter.

"I love you, Jeongguk." Taehyung murmers into the silent air.

"I love you too, Tae. I'll always love you."

"For a lifetime."

●●●

Yes I'm crying so what 🤡

This was NOT Halloween-y and I sincerely apologise for that. I forgot that I was supposed to be making these happy and spooky and not depressing 😵 Next time I'll do a fluff to make up for this 😭

I like to think that this is the prequel to "The Sacrifice"

-bb