Unwanted Visitor

1 month later

Jamie got home around 7pm, when he opened the door he saw Eddie up on the counter in a sports bra and sweat pants, holding a lid to a pot and a wooden spoon.

"Eddie...wha-" he said.

"JAMIE! There's a mouse!" She yelled.

"What? Where? Are you sure?" Jamie put his stuff down.

"AM I SURE!? Uhm YEAH! I first saw it in our room when I was getting dressed, I have no idea where it came from but it's quick!" Eddie said.

"Okay first off calm down, it's not gonna come out if your yelling." Jamie said calmly to.

"Oh psh, where'd you read that, all about mice. com? Your making that up." Eddie said and  Jamie laughed at her sarcasm and started to say

"No it's a-"

"THERE IT IS!!" Eddie yelled and pointed. Jamie looked and ran after it.

"AHHH!" Eddie yelled watching and threw the spoon at it but hit Jamie with it instead and the mouse ran under the couch.

"Janko, What exactly did you think that was gonna do?" He asked and picked up the spoon from the floor.

"I DON'T KNOW JAMIE, WHATS RUNNING AFTER IT GONNA DO? ARE YOU GONNA WHAT? PICK IT UP AND PLAY WITH IT!?" She said flustered.

"Eddie what do you want me to do? We don't have mouse traps?" He said.

"I don't know, I just want it dead!" She said and got her phone that was on the counter with her.

"Eddie I don't need to kill it if I can just catch it. Who are you calling?" He asked.

"Our landlord, I want this dead and your not gonna do it so I'm calling someone who will." She said and started talking over the phone.

When she hung up she said he'd be here in 10 minutes. Jamie stood infront of Eddie and held his hands out to help her down.

"What? Are you crazy I am not getting down off this counter." She said.

"Babe c'mon it's not gonna do anything, I don't need you falling." He said.

"I've been up here for an hour I'm fine." she said.

"Okay well I'm gonna go shower." Jamie said and walked away.

"Woah woah woah, you have to open the door when he gets here." She said. He went over and unlocked the door.

"I'll be out before then but just in case." He said and walked off.

The landlord came and caught the mouse and then tried to find where it could have come from in their bedroom. They moved their dresser away from the wall and saw poop on the floor and a little hole in the wall.

"Hell no." Eddie said as she grabbed her pillow, blanket and gun from her side table, she walked out to the couch and sat down with her feet up.

Their landlord left to go get traps from his vehicle.

"We have to move." Eddie said flustered when he left and shut the apartment door.

"Ha- stop Eddie." Jamie laughed.

"No Jamie I'm serious. I'm not raising our baby in a mouse infested home!" She said.

"Honey. It's not infested, would you just relax." Jamie said half laughing, half serious.

"Jamie. I HATE mice! So until someone tells me they're non existent in this apartment I will be looking into others." She said.

Jamie didn't have time or energy to argue. The landlord came back and set traps outside the hole and also set up a cage like thing so they wouldn't get into the rest of the apartment.

Jamie showed him out, told him they'd keep in contact and locked the door. Eddie was laying on the couch with her hood up and blanket wrapped around her.

"Alright let's go to bed I am exhausted." Jamie said and went to their bedroom. Eddie didn't follow or even get up. He poked his head out to see what she was going.

"Eddie? You coming?" He called out.

"No...!?" she said.

"C'mon there's traps set and a barricade they're not going to get out." He told her.

"Bull." Eddie said.

"Babe please, just come to bed." Jamie pleaded. Eddie sighed realizing he wasn't gonna let it go. She got up and looked at him.

"If I wake up to the sound of mice in the wall I'm out of here Reagan." She said seriously, Jamie tried hard not to laugh and walked her to their room.
——