Drama

Date: Friday July 14th 2023
Alaina: 3 years
Ryan: 1 year

Later the same night

Jamie and Eddie were up late talking, kids have already been in bed for hours.

"I think if I take the promotion to detective, I should wait until after maternity leave."

"Why?"

"Cause it's risky, and I don't wanna be this new detective and then leave for 8 weeks. I want to be in 100% in it"

"I get that, I guess that works. I ran some numbers and if you want we can afford an extra 4 weeks if you want?"

"Unpaid?"

"Yeah, but it's up to you. Or if you want I could take off more but then we can't afford the extra 4 weeks unpaid." He said.

"If you could take some days off that would be better, screw the extra 4 weeks of just me." She said.

"That's what I thought you'd say." Jamie told her, she didn't say anything, she was thinking.

"So what do you think?"

"I'm up for it. I'm ready." She said. Jamie smiled at her he was proud.

"Your gonna be great." He said and rubbed her back. Eddie smiled back and took a deep breath and then glanced at her belly.

"We're gonna be fine." He told her, placing her hand on her belly and kissing her cheek.
——

The next morning Alaina was in a mood. And Jamie was the lucky one who had to deal with it.

"don't want it." She said sitting at the table for breakfast, Jamie had just made her eggs, exactly what she asked for.

"Alaina. You told me you wanted them." Jamie was frustrated. He still had to get ready for work and Henry was gonna be here in 20 minutes.

"No!" Alaina yelled at him.

"You do not yell at me!" He raised his voice back at her. Ryan started crying out of fear, so he pulled him out of the high chair and walked away with him as he curled into his neck.

"Shhh, I'm sorry bud. I'm not mad at you, I promise." He told him, rubbing his back.

Alaina had thrown her plate on the floor and then left to go to the bathroom.

"Oh your kidding me." Jamie said under his breathe seeing the eggs and ketchup all over. Ryan was calm now so he put him back in the high chair before he went off to the bathroom where Alaina went.

"Come here!" Jamie grabbed her hand and pulled her to the timeout spot, sat her down and told her she better not get up until he says so.
——

Later at the Precinct

Eddie's first day on desk duty. She was hoping no one caught on she was pregnant. They hadn't told the family yet, the last thing she wanted was for them to hear it through the grape vine before Sunday.

"Hey, your in a little late, everything okay at home?" She asked finding Jamie on her way to the locker rooms. Jamie didn't say anything just shook his head no.

"What happened?" Now Eddie was concerned.

"Lainey was a brat all morning for me. I didn't get the kitchen cleaned up and didn't have time to get either one of them dressed for the day." He said.

"Oh, honey that's okay, no big deal." Eddie brushed off, it really wasn't a big deal.

"Yes it is." He said defensive.

"Uh-"

"Eddie were gonna have TWO more. TWO! I can't even handle the two we have, I don't know how I'm gonna handle this." He said rubbing his face.

"Babe. That's a worry for another day. And quite frankly I think we'll be just fine. Your an amazing dad Jamie." She said and left her hand rest on his shoulder.

"Huh." Jamie was appreciative of Eddie's words but still just stressed out.

"I love you." She said and left.

No more then 10 minutes later Eddie ran out of the locker room to Jamie's office.

"SARGE CAT FIGHT!" She yelled, he was on the phone.

"I'll call you back." He hung up the phone and hurried out.

"Where?!" He asked as he followed Eddie in a hustle.

"Womens locker room!" She said, he stopped and hurried the opposite direction, Eddie stood where she was and watched him.

"Where are you going!?"

"Where's Mcnichols!?" He was running around trying to find her.

"She left already!" She yelled back.

"What!?...huh!" Jamie sighing in annoyance, he didn't wanna have to go in there but I guess he didn't have a choice. He hurried back off towards the womens locker room and busted inside.

"Hey!" He yelled and tried to get in the middle of them. They both were hardly dressed, Harpers bra was barely on, she had scratch marks down her chest, Kristen's shirt was ripped and she had a bloody nose. All the other female officers in the room were still yelling at them.

"Stop!!"

"Let it go!"

"Don't do this!"

"KNOCK IT OFF!" Jamie got a hold of Harper and another girl pulled Kristen off. In the process he got hit in the face and kicked in the balls.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?" He yelled, he'd completely lost his cool now because it took him everything he had not to react to his balls hurting like hell now.

"Homewrecker!" Harper yelled at Kristen.

"This HOMEWRECKER has been sleeping with my boyfriend!" Harper yelled.

"He's been MY boyfriend for 6 months!" Kristen snapped back at her.

"Oh no..." Eddie said under her breath and thought "Jamie was gonna go ballistic in 3...2...1-"

"No no NO...I don't have time for this SHIT I'm done! Everyone OUT! You two are done here! I'm going straight to the CO for this one cause if I have to play Dr. Phil ONE MORE TIME I'm gonna lose it!"

"Sounds like you already did." Harper said. Jamie looked at her with anger in his eyes.

"GET DRESSED AND GET OUT!" Jamie yelled pointing his finger and left. Eddie was waiting outside of the door for him.

"Jamie..."

"I can't right now." He held a hand up at her and walked off to Espinosas office. Eddie tried to understand he was mad and it wasn't personal. But damn those hormones...she went to the bathroom to cry for just a minute before roll call.

Eddie was the last one to get to roll call. Jamie was waiting, and he could tell by her face she was upset.

So after he dismissed them all he told Eddie to wait. And once the room was empty he was ready to talk to her.

"I'm sorry. Just stressed out." He told her.

"Well don't take it out on me!" She said.

"I know. That was wrong."

"None of it is my fault!" She barked back.

"I know babe, I said sorry."

"Yeah whatever." She walked away to go to her desk for the next 8 months.