Big News

Date: Sunday May 14th 2023
Alaina: just turned 3 years
Ryan: 10 months

The first time Joe and Cassidy are coming to dinner (after Cassidy's arrest) it was Mother's Day.

POV- at Joe and Cassidy's

"Babe you almost ready?" Joe called through the bathroom door.

"Huh yeah." She said and opened the door.

"You look great" he smiled.

"Well I don't feel great." She said.

"That's just all part of it" he said and they headed for the door.

"Joe...what are they gonna say, I'm so nervous." She said.

"Cass..." he stopped and faced her, took her hands into his and held them together.

"No one's going to judge you, hell we're still getting married!" He told her.

"Ugh okay." She said trying to get it together.

POV- switching back to Jamie and Eddie.

Jamie was helping Henry in the kitchen. Frank was setting the table with Nikki and Danny when Joe and Cassidy got there. Eddie and Erin were sitting in the living room watching the kids play beings they weren't allowed to help on Mother's Day.

"Hey glad you made it!" Jamie greeted them.

"Us too, can we help with anything?" Joe asked.

"We're about ready, so just sit down awhile." Henry said.

"Ready to eat." Jamie came and told Eddie and Erin.

"Awesome, I'm starving haha." Eddie said and picked up Ryan.

"C'mon Lain" she said, Erin took her hand and helped her into her seat. Everyone sat down. It smelled amazing, grilled chicken, pasta salad, roasted asparagus, homemade apple sauce and rolls.

"Alright who wants to say grace? And don't forget it's Mother's Day." Frank said waiting for a volunteer before he does it.

"I'll say grace." Joe offered.

"Alright give it a go" Frank smiled and said. Everyone bowed there heads and joined in.

"Bless us, O Lord, and these, thy gifts,
which we are about to receive through thy bounty, through Christ, our Lord, Amen."

"And thank you for these amazing, wonderful mothers who sit at this table, and surround us. Thankful for mothers here on earth, mothers passed, and all the mothers to be, especially the one beside me, amen." Joe prayed and everyone lifted there heads.

"So." Joe said, looking around at everyone who was looking at him too.

"So...Cass and I...have some news." He smirked and put his arm around her, she was pinching his leg under the table she was so nervous.

"Oh?" Erin asked.

"We're expecting." He finally said.

"What!? Oh my god!" Eddie exclaimed.

"Congratulations!" Danny patted his back

"Wow!" Frank was surprised.

"No way" Erin said with a smile.

"Congratulations!" Nikki added and got up to give her a hug, which then made everyone get up do to the same. Jamie shook joes hand followed by a quick "guy" hug. There wasn't anyone who seemed disappointed. Everyone was ecstatic.

"So when are you due?" Henry asked.

"December 17th" Cassidy said.

"Ah a Christmas baby." Erin said.

"Yeah it'll be a busy season." Joe said.

"Not to mention we'll have a 7 month old at our wedding." Cassidy joked.

"They could be the ring bearer or flower girl!" Eddie suggested.

"Yeah thought about that, But I still want Alaina and Ryan to be them, so maybe they'll just be two of something." She said.

"Jack and Sean were both my ring bearers!" Erin said.

"Yeah I think a lot of people have more then 1." Frank said.

They all continued finished eating and then clearing the table.

"Alright girls go, we got the dishes." Frank shooed them out of the kitchen.

"Uh not you..." Danny said to Nikki.

"What? I'll hopefully be a mom someday." She said laughing.

"And so will Alaina." Henry said laughing.
——

"Potty mommy." Alaina said pulling her hands.

"Uh sweetie why couldn't you say that before I sat down" Eddie said laughing.

"I'll take her! Cmon Lain." Erin said and went off with her quick.

"So you had to of just found out if you were out drinking that other night?" Eddie asked.

"Uh yeah...what are the odds. I found out that following Monday, after my "hangover"lasted until then." She said.

"Oh geez, and did you tell Joe that day?" She wondered.

"Yeah I couldn't of waited longer, I was so nervous to what he'd say. But he was so happy so I was relieved." Cass said.

"Aw good! You guys will be great, how have you been feeling!?" Eddie asked.

"Um not the worst but not the best, I've been sick the first half of the day" she said.

"Yeah that's no fun, I had bad morning sickness too. But it does get better."

"That's good to know. Although I'm so scared to give birth, I'm okay with being sick right now haha." She said.

"Oh I know, but you'll do fine! Don't listen to all the stories online, they scare you." She told her.

"Yeah that's what Joe said haha."

"Good! Well if you ever wanna talk about anything you text or call me! I'm on open book!" Eddie said.

"Thank you I'll definitely keep that in mind" Cassidy said and then Erin came back with Alaina.

"Mommy I peed!" She said.

"Oh good!" Eddie said.