New Game Plan

This takes place the same day as the last chapter. Sunday February 27th 2022

Jamie and Eddie said their goodbyes and headed out the door to their car.

"You weren't at the table when Joe said he wants to go with Nicole on the mission trip and propose there." Jamie said as he opened the back door to put Lainey into her car seat. Eddie was getting into the passenger seat but stopped.

"What...!? Your joking." She said blankly in surprise.

"Nope." He said shaking his head. Eddie couldn't take it. She looked at the house.

"No. We're not doing this anymore." She slammed her car door and took off toward the house.

"Eddie!" Jamie went after her with Alaina in arms.

"Eddie stop you can't do this!" Jamie grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Leave me alone Jamie, this is ridiculous! Joe doesn't deserve this it's unfair!" Eddie was pissed off.

"I know but you can't just storm in there and blurt it out! What would you even say!?" Jamie questioned.

"...I DON'T KNOW! The truth! What's Joe gonna think when he finds out his own flesh and blood knew such a secret and kept it from him" She shouted.

"Huh." Jamie knew she was right and made a good point. Eddie waited for him to give her a response but he didn't have one.

"See!" She threw her hands in the air and turned back around toward the house.

Let's go talk to Nicole!" Jamie yelled watching her walk away. He just wanted her to stop. She turned around and cocked her head thinking.

"Fine." She said sighing and got in the car.
———

They got to her place and knocked on the door. Her mom went upstairs to get her. When she saw them both standing there she turned red.

"Hi..." she said when she shut the door behind her so her parents wouldn't hear.

"We just had family dinner. Joe was there!" Eddie was fired up.

"I didn't break up with him." Nicole said, making Eddies eyes narrow.

"Well we obviously know that-" Jamie said.

"What are you waiting for!?" Eddie came at her.

"I don't want to break up. It was just a stupid mistake on my end. I promised myself it wouldn't happen again, my ex Kyle, he doesn't even know about Joe." She said confidently.

"But your going to tell Joe you messed up right?" Jamie questioned.

"No. I think it's better not to. What he doesn't know won't hurt him. And I know you guys won't say anything because it's not your place." She said with attitude. Eddie opened her mouth in shock.

"Nicole that's wrong and you know it!" Jamie said.

"He will find out one way or another and if it doesn't come from you it's going to hurt even more!" Eddie shouted.

"Are we done here?" Nicole said annoyed.

"Yup." Jamie said and grabbed Eddies arm to leave down the steps.

"Don't bother showing up tomorrow for work. Your fired." Eddie yelled before Nicole was back in the house. Jamie closed his eyes and took a deep breath a little frustrated now. He started the car and drove off.

"Eddie why'd you do that." He asked.

"You want a bitch watching our children?" She asked.

"Babe you can't just blow up like that." Jamie told her.

"Well too late." She said pissed.

"So who's watching Alaina this week?" He asked her.

"I will. It's called taking a leave of absence." She told him confidently. He shook his head.

"Okay but remember how we talked about trying to save up money while we can until baby comes so that you can have a longer maternity leave?" Jamie asked her.

"Mhm." She said.

"We can't really do that on one income." Jamie said.

"Just for this week we can. I will talk to my sergeant and maybe I'll just work nights and you can work days so we don't need a sitter." She suggested.

"If that's what you want." He said.

"It is." She told him.

"Alright." He said and kept driving home. It was kinda quiet. Lainey was sleeping in her car seat.
——
When they got home Jamie went right to take a shower, Eddie put Alaina to bed and was on the phone with Espinoza about being off a couple days until he figured out a new schedule for them.

They laid down in bed together but in silence. Both staring at the ceiling.

"So I think I have an idea." Jamie said after a minute.

"For what?" Eddie asked tirelessly.

"An idea of how we can tell Joe about Nicole but without telling him the whole truth, we gotta let her explain the details." He said. Eddie sat up and smirked at him.

"Oh...?" She said very interested.

"Let's give her a taste of her own medicine." Jamie couldn't help but smile. Eddie the same back, laid down and snuggled up next to him.

"See this is why I love you." She said.

"Hey, No one messes with the Reagans." Jamie said.