Still His Little Girl

3 months later- March

"Jamie look what I found on clearance!" Eddie said excited when she came in the front door.

"Shh!" He felt his finger up to his lips and told her.

"Oh! Geez, guess I didn't realize what time it was." She said whispering and putting down the bags on the table. Jamie walked over to see.

"Training underwear." He read the package, then looked at Eddie.

"Aren't they cute!? I think Lainey will love them!" Eddie said enthusiastically.

"Uh yeah too bad she's still in diapers...?" He said pointing out confused.

"Well obviously it's for potty training!" Eddie said laughing.

"Okay well that's not for like what? Another couple years." He said nonchalant unpacking all the grocery bags.

"Years!? I was thinking weeks!" Eddie said caught of guard. Jamie looked at her concerned.

"No no no" Jamie said shaking his head with wide eyes.

"What do you mean no!?" Eddie asked with wide eyes.

"She's not even two yet, she's gonna pee and crap everywhere, Ryan's gonna be playing in it..." Jamie said rambling on.

"Oh Jamie stop, your being ridiculous. She'll be two next month, Ry's getting older, he'll be walking soon!" Eddie said.

"Huh I don't know." Jamie said.

"What are you so worried about?" Eddie asked concerned.

"I don't know how to potty train...a girl! That means when you're at work I'll have to deal with it and I don't-" Jamie rambled again.

"Honey stop. You're overthinking all of this, I didn't say we should start tomorrow. Just maybe we can introduce it in the next couple weeks is all. She what she thinks, if she's interested." Eddie said not wanting Jamie to freak out. He kept unpacking the bags without saying anything.

"Is everything okay? Did something happen?" Eddie asked with concern.

"No, I'm sorry. You just caught me off guard is all." He said.

"Oh...well I didn't know it would be a huge deal to you I guess." She said and then started putting the groceries away.

"It's not a huge deal...it just means she's growing up is all. I'd be lying if I said it didn't make me a little upset...she's not going to need us for everything someday." He admitted.

"Awhhh listen to you...! Mr. tough guy!" Eddie smiled and grabbed him for a playful hug.

"Yeah yeah okay, that's enough." He said getting embarrassed.

"I love you!" She said and laid a wet kiss on his cheek. He blushed and kept at the grocery's.

"Mommy..." an angelic voice called from the hall.

"What are you doing up Lain?" Eddie walked over to her, she had her eyes shut hard from the blinding lights, her hair a mess and her cheeks rosy.

"My head hurt." She said.

"Your head hurts..." Eddie knelt down and felt her forehead with the back of her hand.

"Jamie, how was she before she went down? Did she eat her lunch?" Eddie asked.

"Uhhh, she didn't finish it? I don't know, I didn't really take notice, I was putting Ry down." He said walking over to them.

"Hm, come here baby...let's see." Eddie took her in the bathroom to take her temperature.

"101." Eddie read off, she got out tylonel and poured her the suggested amount.

"No" Alaina said.

"Lainey it will make you feel better." Jamie told her. Eddie handed her the little cup.

"Here, it's a yummy flavor, it's cherry." Eddie said. She looked in the little cup at it and then started to drink it.

"Good job." Jamie said. She finished the last of it and then wanted a drink. Jamie brought her her cup and let her drink as much as she wanted.

"Alright, good? Let's try and go back to bed okay?" Eddie said and took her cup, giving it back to Jamie.

"My head." She said holding it, she looked so sad and sick.

"Do you want mommy to lay down with you?" Eddie offered. She shook her head no, then Jamie offered himself. Lainey looked at him and said yes. Jamie shrugged his shoulders at Eddie not sure what if mattered and picked her up.

"Alright, we'll go in the big bed, how bout that?" Jamie said and took her to their bedroom. She got under the covers.

"Leelee." She said to him.

"I'll get him." Jamie told her and went to grab her her stuffed animal dog.

"See Jamie shes still your little girl, and she won't ever stop being it." Eddie told him. He smiled at her and came to realize she was right.