Bringing work home

Wednesday April 12th 2023

Today was Alaina's 2nd birthday, Eddie took off and Jamie was going to work 1-8 so he could spend the morning with all of them rather nap time.

It was 6am, Eddie was lying in bed on her phone before she got up and Jamie was still sleeping beside her.

"Jamie can you get up and help me decorate before Alaina gets up?" Eddie asked nudging him.

"Mhm..." he mumbled and woke up.

"I wanna blow up balloons and hang some streamers at her door." Eddie said and got out of bed quick. She went to the bathroom and Jamie got up and started throwing on his clothes.

"Eddie? You okay?" He asked getting closer to the bathroom door, after hearing her throw up. It took her a minute until she opened it.

"What was that about?" He questioned.

"I don't know maybe I just got up too quick and I'm hungry." She said unsure and confused. Jamie cocked his head at her.

"What?" She asked.

"Are you pregnant?" He asked quietly like people were around listening.

"No! No Jamie. It was just a fluke thing." She said and walked by him to get dressed. He wasn't saying anything, he just watched her get dressed and couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Huh, do I need to take a test to prove it to you!?" She asked annoyed.

"You have been acting different...getting angry quicker then normal..." Jamie pointed out.

"Are you serious? Jamie the past 2 weeks have been so stressful that's why!" Eddie told him.

"I think you should take one." Jamie replied. Eddie rolled her eyes and went back in the bathroom. Jamie was practically pacing outside the door, nervous. They weren't ready for another kid. They never even talked about another kid. It feels like Ryan was just born!

"You okay?" Jamie asked through the door after a couple minutes.

"Yeah I'm coming." Eddie said. Jamie was getting nervous, it was taking so long.

"See." Eddie came out and showed him the negative test.

"Thank god." He sighed in relief.

"Yeah way to scare me for no reason!" Eddie said laughing, shaking her head.

"Hey you woke up and got sick what was I supposed to think." He said shrugging.

"I don't know. Let's go decorate. I feel fine now she said and they went to the kitchen. She gave Jamie a bag of assorted balloons to blow up while she did the streamers.

"We never really talked about plans for another baby...?" Jamie questioned.

"Well yeah Alaina is 2...Ryan's 9 months...can't say I need to add another one quite yet." Eddie told him.

"But you think you'd want another?" Jamie asked.

"I don't know...what do you think?" She asked unsure.

"I think in a year I might be ready...but definitely think the kids should be older then they are now to understand." Jamie replied.

"Yeah like I wouldn't mind Alaina in preschool honestly...Ryan potty trained...?" She added.

"That would be ideal." Jamie agreed. They continued getting balloons blown up and all around the living room floor to play with. Eddie finished hanging streamers in the doorways for her to go through.