Could've been worse

~2 months later~

It was 11am, Sunday February 13th. Jamie had to go to work for a couple hours this morning. While he was away Eddie was attempting to make a romantic lunch beings they both worked tomorrow (Valentines Day). And tonight they had family Dinner.

"Alright missy Lou. Eat up, and then it's time for a nap" Eddie said setting a plate on the highchair in front of Alaina to eat.

Eddie went back to cooking knowing Jamie would be home shortly. She wanted to have everything perfect for when he got home.

A couple minutes later she turned around to notice Alaina asleep in her high chair.

"Awww sweetie..." she put down the oven mit and went over to her. She had peas and pieces of fish stick stuck to her face.

"I know I'm sorry." She said wiping her face with a baby wipe, she whined exhaustedly. She picked her up and headed to put her down for a nap. She curled up into Eddie and laid her head in her neck. She wished she could sit and hold her all day but she wanted to surprise Jamie. They needed some romance in their life. Alaina has been getting all of the attention from Jamie lately and Eddie was missing it.

She laid Lainey down in her crib, covered her up, kissed her cheek softly and then left the room.

She cleaned up her mess in the kitchen, had all the food out on the table, lit a few candles, and then scurried off to their bedroom to put something a little more flattering on then the baggy sweatpants and oversized t shirt she's been wearing.

She turned on some soft romantic music and then remembered she had fake rose petals she thought would be fun to scatter all over. She lit a few candles in the bedroom too.

*Ring*Ring*

"Hello?" She answered the call from Jamie.

"Hey so pop just called and asked if he could borrow my .45 so obviously I said he could. He's going to the range with a friend." Jamie said and Eddie panicked.

"Okay and when will he be here?" She asked worried.

"Probably any minute. I'll be home in a few too but he's gonna beat me there so I'm just calling to tell you." Jamie said.

"Okay thanks bye!" She hung up the phone, threw it on the couch and started freaking out. She blew out all the candles in the kitchen, set them in the sink, undimmed the lights and then ran to the bedroom.

*Knock*Knock*Knock*

"Damn it!" She said as she quickly threw on the sweatpants and then the t shirt she just put in the dirty hamper. She threw her hair up as she rushed to the front door.

"Hey!" She said to pop who was standing there. He came in and looked around.

"Jamie still at work?" He asked.

"Oh yeah he'll be home soon though, he told me you were stopping by." Eddie said.

"Smells good!" Pop said. Eddie blushed thinking about the candles still lit in the bedroom and all the rose petals she had threw everywhere.

"Thanks! Jamie should be home any minute to get the gun." She said changing the subject.

"I can get it if you show me the safe." Pop suggested not wanting to waste time.

"Ughm" Eddie studdered knowing the safe was in their room and there is no way he's going in there.

The front door opened and Eddie felt so relived seeing Jamie.

"Hey, sorry I got behind a trash truck. How long you been here?" He asked setting his bag down.

"Not long but they're waiting for me." Pop said.

"Oh sorry. Eddie you could've got it for him." Jamie said throwing his keys in the dish and walking back to the bedroom.

"Well you know the closet is such a mess and trying to see which one it was I just...you know." Eddie made up an excuse tossing her hands up.

"It's just Pop, it's all good. Come tell me what bullets you said you wanted to try too." Jamie said waving him to follow him.

"Oh Jamie I..." Eddie panicked and didn't know what to say. She couldn't get any words out. Jamie got to the doorway of the room and froze seeing everything she set up.

He grabbed the door and shut it just before Pop could see.

"Ha...um, yeah stay here actually I'll bring it out." He said to pop trying to stay relaxed. He widened his eyes at Eddie who was standing back just watching this all go down.

"Yeah I have laundry everywhere I was lazy today." She said brushing it off.

"The joys of motherhood." Pop said smiling. Eddie agreed and nervously waited for Jamie to come back out.

"Alright check these out." Jamie said hurrying out and setting the boxes of ammo on the table. Pop walked over and looked at it. Jamie exchanged eyes with Eddie and shook his head, blushing and smiling. She couldn't take it and walked away also smiling.

"This will be good. Thank you, I'll clean it when I'm done and give it back later tonight." Pop said.

"No rush! It can be whenever. Have fun, We'll see you later tonight." Jamie said and walked him to the door. As soon as the door shut he locked it and turned around to see Eddie.

"So I wanted to celebrate valentines early..." she said shyly gently pulling on the neck of the t-shirt to show him a sneak peek of what she was as wearing.

"Oh yeah?" Jamie smiled and laughed as he approached her holding out his hands for a hug around her lower back.

"Yeah if you weren't sure..." she joked and buried her head in his neck.

"Sorry, you should've gave me a warning though." He said feeling bad it got kind of ruined.

"It's okay, I wanted it to be a surprise. I'll just set it all back up." She said and let go of him. He was confused but then watched her take the candles out of the sink.

"Ohhh." He said impressed as she lit them. He walked over and sat down at the table full of food. Eddie stood beside him and took off her sweatpants and then pulled the big T-shirt off over her head. Jamie sat back smirking as he watched.

"When'd you get that?" He asked observing the red laced top with matching shorts he had never seen.

"It's a secret." Eddie said and sat down straddling Jamie's lap facing him.

"Woah." He said getting excited. Eddie smirked and slid her hand up the back of Jamie's neck and tangled her fingers in his hair. He rested his on her waist, both pulling to be closer, her small baby bump touching Jamie's stomach. Eddie went in for a deep kiss making Jamie smile.

"Where's Alaina?" He asked pulling his lips away from hers but still feeling Eddies light breath on his. He stared into her blue eyes waiting for her response.

"Down for her nap." She whispered into his ear and then continued to kiss it and make her way to his neck. 

"Huhhh. Should we eat first?" Jaime moaned.

"Nah. It's already cold." She said shaking it off.  Jamie smiled and kissed her running his hands up and down her back.

He picked her up with her legs wrapped around his waist and carried her to their bedroom. Laid her down easy and kicked the door shut behind him without looking.
————
Well that encounter with Pop in the apartment could've been a lot worse if Jamie wouldn't have gave Eddie a heads up.