Cheater cheater

The next day (Friday) Eddie took the day to take care of Alaina giving Nicole the day off. She texted Nicole wanting to know how Lainey was for her yesterday. There's no way she just developed an ear infection and fever over her nap. Eddie left for work early that morning so Nicole was the first to see her. Why she didn't mention it was unlike her.

"I don't know how to word this." Eddie said and sat on the couch next to Jamie who was snuggling with Lainey to fall back asleep, watching tv.

"Well don't be too nice but don't be too rude." Jaime said. Eddie shrugged still not knowing but she started typing away.

"Okay I think that's good...?" She said when she finished.

"Let's hear it." Jamie said and waited. Eddie started reading it out loud.

"Hey, so question...yesterday when Alaina got up she had a fever and was almost inconsolable. Took her to the doctor and she has a pretty good ear infection. Wondering how she was all day for you, I just don't think that could develop like that in the course of her 3 hour nap."

"Yeah that's good." Jamie told her.

"Doesn't sounds too bitchy?" She asked unsure.

"Nah." Jamie said. Eddie sighed and sent the text.

A couple minutes later Nicole responded.

"So sorry! I forgot to mention she seemed a little under the weather. I just thought it was the runny nose. Poor girl!" Eddie read it out loud to Jamie while he got ready for work in the bedroom.

"Hm." Jamie said.

"What the hell right?" Eddie was mad, Nicole always texted or called to tell them when something like that was going on. Jamie didn't know what to say he sat on the bed and put his socks on. The apartment was quiet, Lainey was back sleeping in her room. The only thing you could hear was Eddies blood starting to boil.

"Is this yours?" Jamie noticed something in the unmade bed blankets and picked it up.

"No..." Eddie said observing the earring. Jamie raised his eyebrows.

"Do you think...!?" Eddie asked unsure.

"Oh I think." Jamie said nervously and looked at the bed. Eddie took a picture of it and sent it to Nicole saying Jamie found it in their bed.

"See what she says to that." Jamie said and set it on the kitchen counter.

"Shit she's calling me..!" Eddie started freaking out and answered it calmly.

"Hello?" Eddie said with confidence looking at Jamie. 

"Hey, Ugh. Can I come explain in person." Nicole said over the phone sounding scared. Eddie agreed and they hung up.

"Yeah well...have fun with that." Jamie said and kissed Eddies cheek. He was dressed and ready to head to work.

"Woah woah wait no!" Eddie panicked she didn't want to do this alone.

"Eddie I gotta go to work. You'll be fine. Lay down the law. There's no reason for anyone to be in our room, and Joe isn't allowed over while she's on the job anymore." Jamie said and headed to the front door.

"Easy for you to say!" She said following.

"Love you." He said and left. Eddie sighed and got dressed quick.

20 minutes later Nicole showed up looking nervous. They sat on the couch. Lainey was playing on the floor infront of them.

"Look Nicole there isn't a reason for you or anyone to be in our bedroom. There's a bathroom in the hall, Alaina has everything she needs in her room. I don't wanna know the details with what happened with you and Joe in there but I can pretty much figure it out...if it's going to be a problem he's no longer allowed here while your in the job." Eddie told her being as firm and confident as she could even though it was so awkward.

"Huh. Eddie I'm so sorry. It won't happen again." She said sincerely.

"Okay good. Are you gonna tell Joe or does Jamie or I need to?" Eddie asked.

"God please no." She said shaking her head getting upset.

"Don't get upset, you can tell him I was just-" Eddie started to say but she cut her off.

"It wasn't Joe." She said shaking her head. Eddies stomach dropped, her eyes wide.

"What...?" Eddie was shocked.

"It was my ex. He reached out to me a couple days ago wanting to meet up and talk. I couldn't exactly do that at my house or in public someone would've seen me. A family of cops I mean everyone knows who I am." She stated in tears.

"Does Joe know?" Is all Eddie wondered. She shook her head no and looked at Eddie. She cocked her head not a fan.

"You better tell him before I do. The Reagans are not the family to mess with." Eddie said boldly making Nicole feel so bad. She told her to leave and she'd see her Monday.
————

Eddie couldn't stop thinking about how heart broken Joe is going to be. He wanted to propose to her a couple weeks ago! Eddie put Lainey down for her nap and then started taking the sheets off to bed to wash, she was disgusted.

Her phone rang, it was Jamie. He was probably wondering how it went.

"Yeah?" She said.

"Hey Joes over here working a case should I say somthing?" Jaime asked.

"Oh my god Jamie no! Don't say a word, don't look at him, don't give him any reason to question anything!" She spazzed at him.

"What happened?" He was confused.

"Jamie. It wasn't Joe. It was an ex..! Joe has no idea!" Eddie told him.

"What..!?" He was shocked.

"I know!" Eddie replied.

"I need to tell him." Jamie said getting defensive.

"No Jamie please. I told her she needs to tell him as soon as possible. We can't get in the middle. They need to figure it out." Eddie pleaded in hope he'd let it go.

"Huh. Eddie I don't like this. At all." He told her.

"You think I do!?" She said mad.

"No but I gotta go." Jamie said and they hung up. Eddie wished this wasn't real life.
————
What the heck right! This sweet innocent babysitter turns out to be a sneaky cheater! How do we think Joe and the rest of the family will react!?