Gathering Intel

Tuesday July 18th 2023 their anniversary

Today Eddie got a break from the desk and was working a case with Danny. They had a couple witnesses to interview, nothing crazy.

"Hey, Danny's out front ready for you." Jamie said popping his head in the break room where Eddie was eating a donut.

"Oh! I thought I had a minute!" She said shoving the rest of the donut in her mouth quickly and heading off.

"Ha, take your time, he literally just got here." Jamie told her.

"I know, okay, love you, see you tonight." She was so excited to get out and be a detective today. She kissed Jamie on the cheek and ran out. Leaving chocolate residue on him.

"Eddie easy." He said worrying about her falling or something as he wiped his face.
——

Eddie got in the back of Danny's car and told Danny and Baez how excited she was for this.

"Damn I wish Danny would have that much excitement on a Tuesday morning." Maria joked.

"I like to save it for the afternoon." He said and drove away.

"Well you know I've been at a desk for a couple weeks now and I just need this break!" Eddie exclaimed.

"I can understand that." Maria agreed.

"Isn't today your anniversary?" Danny asked.

"Yes! We're celebrating tonight." She said.

"Aw fun. What are the plans?" Maria asked.

"Well we're actually ordering in, and Erin offered to take the kids OVERNIGHT which is amazing of her." Eddie said.

"Ooo damn bet it's been awhile since that's happened!" Baez said.

"Oh it has! I cannot wait to just climb into bed and-"

"Woah woah woah! I don't wanna hear anymore! My god women talk about everything. Not to mention you are talking about my brother, in case you forgot." Danny interuppted, making them laugh.

"Oh come on Danny." Baez said.

"Haha I'm sorry. This girls just excited." Eddie told him laughing. Danny shook his head and smiled. He sped up too wanting to get to work so he didn't have to hear about his brothers sex life anymore.
——

They didn't have much luck at the first house. The guy didn't have any new information that they hadn't already know, so off to the next house they went.

The second house, the lady that answered the door was old and partly blind. She had a seeing eye dog by her side. She told them to come in, they sat down and started asking questions.

"Rudy where are you?" The lady asked interrupting Danny who was asking her a question.

"Is that your dogs name? She's laying down at my feet right here." Baez said.

"Oh okay. Is she laying on your feet or beside your feet?"

"She's on them, is that okay? Should I move?" Baez started to say.

"No no. Don't move. She's just doing her job." She told Baez.

"It's amazing what these animals can do for someone like you isn't it?" Eddie asked her.

"Well most days but for some reason she thinks her job is to protect her life instead of mine right now." The women said. The 3 of them exchanged looks of confusion.

"Are you pregnant dear?" The women asked.

"Oh no no I'm not!" Maria said caught off guard at that question, she wasn't expecting that.