First Mothers Day

Sunday May 9th 2021

Jamie rolled over in bed to see Eddie was gone. He sat up and saw it was 6:30am. Probably the latest he's slept since the baby was born, he got up and went into the nursery, Eddie was finishing up changing her diaper. Jamie slipped his hands around her from behind and kissed her cheek.

"Happy Mother's Day." He whispered in her ear, she smiled and let him hug her.

"Thank you..." she blushed, he let go of her and stepped back. She picked up Alaina and put her up on her shoulder, she curled her little body up and sucked on the binky, looking around the room.

"Did she just finish eating?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah and she pooped." Eddie said.

"Good. Well I want to make you breakfast and let you relax so why don't you give Lainey to me." He said and reached out to take the baby.

"Oh" she said surprised and excited, it was her first Mother's Day and didn't know what to expect from Jamie.

"What are you hungry for?" He asked and kissed Alainas head, when she laid it down on Jamie's chest.

"Hmm, I'm kinda craving those pancakes of yours." She said with a smile.

"You got it." He winked and walked out of the room.

"I'm going to get out Lainey's bath stuff and outfit for the baptism." She said as she started.

5 minutes later she had it all laid out and ready to go for church and the baptism later. She put the soap, wash cloth, and towel in the baby bath and carried it out to the kitchen. Jamie was shirtless holding the baby and making pancakes at the same time.

"Oooo, who's that hot daddy." Eddie said smiling at the sight. Jamie turned to look at her and blushed.

"Shut up..." he laughed. Eddie laughed with him as she set the bath down on the table.

"Yeah never really got that one." She said shaking her head unsure.

"The whole daddy thing?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah, I just, ugh, gross." She said and shivered grossed out thinking about it.

"Yeah it is weird." He said agreeing, and bouncing Alaina up and down gently as she started fussing. Eddie watched him trying to be super dad, flipping pancakes and shooshing the baby in his other arm.

"Jamie give her to me..." she said wanting to help.

"No, she's good, I got it." Jamie said shutting her down. Eddie tilted her head at him and she cried louder. He set down the flipper so he could readjust her into his arms and put her binky back in her mouth.

"You're okay..sh sh shhhh." He told her, Eddie just watched him struggle.

"Honey...c'mon please let me help. I want to." She insisted. Jamie realized she was right and gave in.

"Yeahh...hey it's okay...shhh." Eddie said softly walking with her to the couch. Jamie went back to the pancakes, but watching Eddie interact so patiently with their baby that was still crying even louder then before.

"Lainey...what's the matter baby?" She said trying to soothe her. She decided to try and nurse her more...winner winner.
———
Jamie finished the pancakes and they sat down on the couch and ate together. Jamie set his plate down on the coffee table and got out a little box from his pocket, then handed it to Eddie. She set her plate down smiling he got her something.

"What's this...?" She said grinning and opened it.

"What do ya think?" Jamie asked when her jaw hung open in surprise.