High Tensions

Monday April 3th 2023

Jamie and Eddie were at work bright and early after a long night of hardly any sleep with the kids. Mostly Alaina, she was scared to sleep in her room and kept coming into their bed to sleep with them.

Eddie was riding with officer Tipton today, Rachel got the opportunity to be apart of an operation that was getting run in the middle of the night and probably going into the morning. Eddie was up all night it felt like anyway she should've volunteered.

"I need a gallon of coffee after my night, want me to get you a cup?" Eddie asked Tipton as she parked along the road.

"No thanks, I had some already." She said. Eddie got out of the car and walked up to the coffee cart and waited.

"Janko! 10:13 in the park!" Tipton yelled out of the car. Eddies heart stopped, she threw the barista the money and ran to the car with her coffee.

"Here!" She basically threw the coffee at Tipton to hold as she whizzed out of there with the lights and sirens on.

"This was where the op was going down that Witten was apart of!" Eddie said trying to stay calm but she was panicking, let's be honest.

They got to the scene and the perp was on the ground getting cuffed and read his rights but the main attraction was off in the park where the EMTs were and a gathering of people. Eddie and Tipton ran off to see what was going on. They were too late and they had them in the ambulance and started to leave for the hospital. Eddies heart was beating out of her chest.

"Eddie!" A familiar voice called out.

"Rachel!" Eddie said when she saw her coming toward her. She was a mess, crying, blood on her uniform, not hers.

"What happened!? Who got shot!?" Eddie asked.

"I shot Rodrigues! He was undercover coming toward me and no one radioed they they had the perp in custody!" Rachel said shaking in fear. Eddie was in shock and gave her a hug before she had to go talk to the sergeant on the scene and get checked out herself. Eddie felt awful watching her walk away, her heart sunk for her.

"We should get to the hospital?" Tipton suggested. Eddie agreed and they left.

When they got in the waiting room full of other officers already Eddie looked for Jamie immediately and walked over to him.

"Do you know what the hell happened!?" Jamie asked her just as shocked. Eddie pulled him away from other people listening to talk and gave him all the information she knew.

An hour later the doctor came out and said he was stable and probably wouldn't be up for visitors until tomorrow. So everyone left to get back to work. Eddie wanted to wait for Rachel but Jamie encouraged her to give her space and just get back to the street.

The rest of Eddie and Tiptons tour wasn't very interesting so they headed back to the precinct. Eddie was hoping to see Rachel before she went home anyway.

She saw her talking to Jamie in his office with the door shut. She waited outside for her.

"Hey...you okay?" Eddie asked her when she finally came out.

"Yeah. He wasn't mad, I'm just shaken up and feel like this is all my fault but looking back I didn't know anyone was not in uniform" she explained as they started walking.

"That's not your fault. That's whoever was in charge of the operation Rachel! Don't beat yourself about it, besides he's okay, he's alive!" Eddie told her after seeing how disappointed she was with herself.

"Don't shoot I'm a cop" a female officer (Draves) said passing by them. Eddie whipped around to confront her.

"Excuse me!?" She said.