Baby Blues

Wednesday, June 24th 2020

4 months later, Jamie was up early making pancakes and sausage for Eddie as it was her birthday. She worked late last night he wanted to bring her breakfast in bed, but didn't wanna wake her up.

7:30 rolled around and she came out of the bedroom, looking smug and still maybe tired.

"Good morning birthday girl, I made you a little something..." he said picking up the plate he made her and setting it on the table. He then turned to her smiling and went in for a hug. Jamie was hugging her harder then she was back to him.

"Something wrong?" He asked still hugging her, but she let go of him and backed away.

"It's negative." She said tearing up. Jamie sighed feeling awful.

"I'm sorry Eddie. It'll happen." He reassured her. She started crying more.

"It's been 4 months." She said feeling so hopeless.

"Huh, I know honey. Good things take time though." He told her, nothing he said was making her feel better so, he just pulled her in for another hug, he wrapped his arms around her neck and she just cried into his chest. Jamie felt terrible, is it his fault? Who knows, he just wants Eddie to be happy but he felt like he was failing at that.

"We're going to keep trying Eddie...we'll get it. I know it." he told her. She got herself together and let go of Jamie, she wiped her tears and took a breath. Jamie patiently watched her collect herself.

"Would you like to sit down and eat with me?" He asked her nicely. She saw what he made, smiled, and said yes. Jamie kissed her and they sat down to eat.

Eddie was trying to act normal and happy but Jamie could still tell she was feeling down. He didn't want to bring it up again and tried to make her change her thoughts by talking about work and anything else he could think of.

10 minutes went by and Jamie had to go to work. He came out of the bedroom to see Eddie flipping through the tv channels drinking her coffee. He kissed her goodbye and told her to have a good day and be safe. She said the same thing back to him and off he went.

~•~•~•~

A few days later it was time for Sunday dinner. Eddie was in the bathroom and Jamie was folding the laundry on the bed quickly before they had to leave.

Eddie came out out the bathroom.

"Well I was going to take another test but I got my period instead." She said frustrated and got a new pair of underwear, and headed back to the bathroom, slamming the door before Jamie could say anything. His heart broke more every time she got a negative or got her period. The first couple months Eddie would become upset when she'd get a negative test, now she became frustrated. Jamie put the piles of laundry away and then Eddie came out of the bathroom. He looked at her through the mirror over the dresser to try and get a read on her.

"You good?" He asked her after getting a tense vibe from her.

"No Jamie. I'm not. This is very discouraging!" She said raising her voice at him, he turned around to hear her out.

"We've been having sex basically every night we should be, yet every test I've taken the past  5 months is negative or I get my period instead." Eddie sat down on the bed and said. Jamie swallowed hard and sat next to her. She put his hand on her thigh.

"Don't get discouraged. I was reading up on it a little and it said not to seek out a fertility doctor or any type of help until we've been trying religiously for a year. It's not even been half a year babe... We have time. I think this is normal." Jamie told her nicely.