Not in Church

Christmas Eve 2020

"I want you so bad." Eddie whispered in Jamie's ear. He blushed.

"Can we please have sex." She whispered more in his ear smiling desperately. Jamie shook his head trying not to smile. He turned to whisper in Eddies ear.

"We're in church..." he said with wide eyes glaring at her. Her face turned annoyed and she sat back against the pew and rolled her eyes.

"Huh? Really?" Jamie thought shaking his head at her. She was now 5 months pregnant and wanting sex about every day. At first Jamie couldn't complain he loved it, but when she's trying to seduce him in church he's gotta draw the line.

The car ride home was quiet. Jamie of course pissed her off and knew it but he wasn't ready to apologize, even though he shouldn't be the one apologizing.

"So you don't have to be a jackass...it is Christmas Eve." Eddie said breaking the silence in the car.

"Excuse me?" Jamie said frustrated.

"You heard me." Eddie came back and said.

"You think I'm a jackass for not wanting to seduce you in the middle of mass!?" Jamie interjected.

"Since when do you have a problem with teasing each other in public!?" She asked getting louder.

"Not in church Eddie! What did you want me to do, drop my pants and bend you over the bench?!" Jamie shouted back at her interested to see what she'd say next that made no sense. He came to a stop sign and looked over at her when she didn't say anything.

"Eddie. What's wrong.?" Jamie said calmly after seeing Eddie wiping tears from her face. He pulled off to the side of the road to talk it out.

"Hey. Look at me." He said turning off the car he reached his hand to comfort her by rubbing her arm. She wiped her face and looked at him, she took a deep breathe.

"What's going on honey?" Jamie asked very sincere, very sweet.

"I don't know!" Eddie said crying more. He didn't know what to say or do. He didn't know how to handle her hormones either.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice." He told her.

"I get it. I'm sorry for being careless." Eddie said back, calming down more.

"No I shouldn't have reacted the way I did." Jamie apologized.

"Call it even?" She asked, Jamie shook his head.

"Yeah." He smiled at her, started the car up again and drove home.

——

When Jamie came out of a long thoughtful shower he saw Eddie laying in bed reading "what to expect when your expecting".

"Your reading that for what the 3rd time?" Jamie asked getting dressed.

"4th." She corrected him. He laughed and got into bed with her.

"4 times Eddie? I think your good." Jamie said.

"I'm trying to find where they talk about sex drive." Eddie told him.

"Why's that?" He questioned. She turned and looked at Jamie to see if he was serious.

"I wanna see what I can do to minimize it...!?" She told him. He smirked at her.

"Why are you smiling?" She asked. Jamie took the book from her, shut it and set it on his nightstand.

"Because I already know how to minimize it." Jamie blushed.

"Oh?" Eddie giggled. Jamie rolled on top of her.

"Mhm." He said and started making out with her. She knew where this was going and it still made her heart skip a beat when he caught her off guard.