"But I'm not going unless she is."

My eyes widened at his proposition, and I meet his father's hopeful gaze. How dare he put me in this position? I wouldn't know what to do. This is his life and not mine.

"I...I don't think I'm supposed to be a part of this, " I tell them, trying to avoid his father's gaze. That he's using me as an excuse is interesting and at the same time just downright wrong.

I already feel bad for his father, who wanted him to come along, and now I'm just annoyed that he got me involved. If he really didn't want to go, then why not just fight for it, instead of giving his dad false hope? But I guess that's what he did to me too.

"Well, there you go," Chase said with a proud smile. His father's face falters and I can see the disappointment he held as he nods in defeat. God, why does Chase always have to be an asshole? Why can't he be nice to his own family like he is with me?

Feeling brave, I decided to speak. "But, it would be a pleasure to come, that is, if you're comfortable?"

His father looks up to me, a brighter gaze in his eyes and I glare at Chase who looked at me with the most shocked expression I've ever seen. His jaw clenched and his eyes widened and to me, it was a kind of entertaining.

"Grace, you don't have to. Please don't feel obliged to come at the expense of my son." His father said, concern filling his tone, and I smile at him.

"No, of course not. I mean, I would only go, of course, if you just want me too. It's not my place to be there." I tell him. I know it's a bit weird saying yes to this and made me seem like I'm desperate. But all I really want is to have my revenge on Chase and help his father. Chase really needs to learn how to spend time with his family because some people don't have that luxury.

"Of course, it would be our pleasure to have you. I'm sure it would delight Caroline to meet you, " Dereck smiled and I couldn't help but feel my heart warm for him. Despite being this tycoon, he seemed very humble and down to earth. It's a shame that Chase only sees him as a bad model. I can also tell that Chase definitely did not get his attitude from his father.

"Well, it is settled then. The gala would be in the middle of November. I will send you the details, " Dereck clears as he looked up to his son who was only staring out of the window, anger in his stance, but he nods.

Dereck looks at me with a thankful smile, he mouths me a small thank you and I nod at him. I'm so glad he's happy about this insignificant gesture, I can tell he loves Chase despite the way he acts and I adore that. He still hasn't given up on him, and it's sweet of him.

Once the door closed behind him, I let out a breath because I knew I was about to get a mouthful.

"What the fuck was that?" He said loudly and I roll my eyes.

"You were the one who suggested the idea?"

"Well, it didn't mean say yes." His eyes now meet mine and the blaze in them only grew. I chuckle at his absurdity and he shakes his head in disbelief.

"Well, I make my own choices and you should have known that, " I tell him and he slams the shirt on the counter. First thing in the morning and we fight, it's always the mornings.

"So I get you on my bed and now you try to get in my life?" I gape at his words as my eyes widened.

Is he serious? Trying to get in his life?

"Ok, first of all, I am not getting into your life, second, you didn't even question it when he called me your girlfriend, " I pointed a taunting finger at him and his eyes narrowed.