14. Unexpected

Seokjin's Pov:

It had been four days, and Jungkook still hadn't been home, well he had been home, but not inside of the house. After he left me alone on Friday, he texted and told me he would take Jae to school in the mornings, and I should pick him up from school.

He then came by and took Jae for the weekend with him, not saying a word to me. When I tried calling him, he picked up the phone asking me if I was ready to talk, but I stayed silent on the phone not knowing how to answer, I wasn't prepared to talk about anything, I just needed him home. He eventually stopped taking my call and now only communicated with Jae, who communicated to let me know when he was picking him up.

As I packed Jae's lunch for him to go with his dad, I stopped myself from making lunch as I remember Mr. Min saying if we could have lunch, and I was looking forward to it. My mind needed a break from going anymore crazier than it had been.

"Baby, come here," I called towards Jae and handed him his lunch kit. "Listen, Uncle Jimin is going to pick you from school today and bring you home later. You remember the rules of our house, don't you?" I kneel so I could face him.

He nods his head and smiles at me.

"And what are they?"

"I must not speak anything that happens in the house or anything that happens with you or my dad."

I smiled at him, "And if someone asks how your parents are doing, what do you say?"

"I tell them that my dad and my appa are fine."

"Good job." I leaned forward and kissed him on the forehead. "You are such a smart boy. Appa is proud."

"You are unbelievable," Jungkook says, surprising me, my stomach turned into knots, hearing his voice and I immediately felt weak. This was the first time he had entered the house since leaving.

"J-Jungkook-"

"Jae, let's go. Grab your bags and come on. I need to get to the office early today." Jungkook motioned to Jae and shook his head at me before walking out of the house.

Jae hugs me and runs out of the house.

I walked to the door and watched as they drove away together, tears leaving my eyes, making me want to do nothing more than scream.

Why was he doing this to us? And why am I so stupid?

Looking at my phone at the time, I tried pulling myself together and walked back into the house to get ready for work.

*******

"I thought you were going to bail on having lunch with me." Mr. Min states as we sat in his office with the food before us that he had ordered.

I wasn't exactly hungry, but I picked around at the food to not be rude.

"I thought I would too, but I guess I needed the company more than I thought," I mumbled and ate some of the rice.

"Is everything okay? You seem even more down than the last time I saw you."

"I am fine, Mr. Min, just tired, that's all."

He got up from his seat and walked over to me, "I asked you to stop calling me Mr. Min, didn't I? And when you are tired, your eyes get this swollen and red?"

I looked up at him and smiled, "Sorry, I am just not used to calling you by your first name, and yes, they do, now, can we eat?"

"Hmm, I see. So what happened, did you and your husband fight?" he asked with a smirk.

"Excuse me? Why would you assume that?"

"You are not wearing your ring." he laughs, pointing to my finger.

Crap, I must have left it on the vanity again. "For your information, we d-did not fight. I left my ring at home; I usually take it off before I shower."

"I really don't care what you guys do. What I care about is you."

I took my cup up and drank some of the water, ignoring his comment. I couldn't deal with him flirting with me today.

"I think I should go." I placed the cup down and stood up.

"But why? Did I say something wrong?" he questioned, stepping in front of me, too close, giving me no breathing room.

"No, you didn't. I just need to get back to work."

"But you don't, we aren't even finished with lunch yet. And you still haven't told me what's been making you cry." he placed his arm around my waist and stepped closer to me, "will you tell me?" he whispered towards my lips, and I don't know what came over me, but I kissed him.