29. Talk

Seokjin's Pov:

"her fever is going down," Jungkook mutters as he presses the back of his hand against our daughter's forehead.

"thank goodness; I was so scared earlier. She had a fever early in the day, but it wasn't bad, and I gave her some medicine, but then as we were getting ready to go to bed, she started fussing, and that's when I realize she was burning up."

Jungkook walked around to me, as I was sitting up on the other side of the bed where our daughter laid. Taking his hand he started massaging my shoulder, "she is going to be okay, our baby girl is a fighter, and she is strong like her Appa, so nothing for us to worry about. Just try to get some sleep, I will keep an eye on her." he releases his hold on me and walks towards the recliner they had brought into the room for him.

Immediately missing the feeling of him massaging my shoulder, I rotate them, releasing the knots that were in them, I hadn't realized how tense my body had become. Turning to face him, I got down from the bed, "I am not sleepy right now. Somewhat hungry." I muttered and took a seat next to Jungkook in one of the wooden chairs that were in the room.

I figured since he was being kind, if I told him I was hungry, he would get me something to eat. Namjoon was nice enough to bring us something to drink and snacks, but I wasn't someone who enjoyed snacks, so I had the tea and bottled water.

"I think the cafeteria might still be open; I can go get you something. Do you want another cup of tea?" Jungkook questions as he got up from the recliner.

I nod my head, letting him know I needed another cup of tea. I was impressed by how he remembered earlier that I prefer tea over coffee.

Watching him leave the room, I got out of the uncomfortable chair I was sitting on and walked over to check on Mia, she was sleeping and sweating a lot. Taking one of the towels, I wiped up the sweat and kissed her.

I couldn't believe how much I had panicked earlier, when I checked her temperature, I freaked out, and Jungkook was the first person that came to my mind. Tonight was the only time since he had moved next door that I had been thankful, he was always a lot better in stressful situations than I was.

That's why I was happy when he agreed to stay with Mia and me. He and I had spent a lot of nights in the hospital as well when our son was younger. I remember he used to get ear infections often, and then eventually, he had to get surgery to put tubes in his ears.

Jungkook was always a pro at being in these places; he knew his way around the doctors and getting what he wanted. Our son always received the best care, but with me, I spend more time panicking than being of much help. When my kids are in pain, I lose it; I lose myself too, I don't know how to deal with it.

I know I am supposed to be strong for them, but it's tough, especially when they are my weakness.

Leaving Mia to sleep, I headed towards the recliner and got into it, taking the blanket and wrapping it around me as I waited for Jungkook to come back with the food.

Which felt like forever when he returned, I think he could immediately tell I wasn't happy.

"The cafe didn't have anything you would've eaten, so I had to go outside. As you know, I don't have my car, so the walk was a bit much. Anyway, I got kimchi stew, stuffed chicken soup, bibimbap, mandu, and bulgogi with extra kimchi and rice to the side."

Who was he feeding the entire hospital? "Thanks, are you eating as well?"

"Of course, why did you think I ordered so much food. I will go ask for them to bring an extra tray in here-"