6. Anniversary

Seokjin's Pov:

I was woken from my sleep by Jungkook. I sat up, confused. "W-what are you going here?"

Looking at the time, my eyes widened, "oh shit Jae-"

"What do you mean, what am I doing here? And I took Jae to school." Jungkook states and sits down on the bed, lifting my legs and resting them into his lap.

His hands found its way to my feet and started massaging them. "Did you miss me?"

I looked at him and frowned. I hated it when he did this. Come home and pretend everything was fine, making me feel like I was important.

"I am sleepy." He had been away for an entire week, with nothing but phone calls and a few video chats. Sometimes the calls ended abruptly too, with him saying he would call me back.

"It's our anniversary, though. I made you breakfast." He leaned forward and looked at me. "Don't tell me you forgot."

My mouth formed into an O. I hadn't forgotten, but I thought he did. Although to be fair, he has never forgotten our anniversary, my birthday, Jae's birthday, or the day my father passed away.  He might have been a cheater,  but he stayed consistent with some things, not all things, but some.

"Of course, I didn't forget; I thought maybe you did,"  I told him as he continued massaging my feet and looking at me. Which I hated because he was reminding me just how much of a sucker I am for him.

"Seokjin name a time when I have not remembered our anniversary?"  His hands move to my calf, massaging them.

"Never." I sigh.

"So, what made you think I would forget this year?"

Maybe because you are always away and cheating.

"I don't know. I guess I assumed."

"Let's not do that, okay." He looks at me, and I could tell he was trying to read me, which wasn't hard to do. I couldn't keep a blank look as he did. I was a very emotional person. He was always logical.

"Your muscles are tense, do you walk around a lot at work? How's work, by the way, you hardly talk about it."

"Work is fine. It's keeping me busy, and I like it. Working there has me thinking that maybe I could get a piano and start practicing at home." It was true, Mr. Min, although a flirt at times, which I tried to avoid his flirting remarks, was teaching me the basics, and I was enjoying it.

"A piano?" Jungkook looked at me, almost seemed puzzled. "What sparks this interest?"

"The owner tends to play at work, and I find listening to it to be therapeutic. So, I have been thinking of making it a hobby."

Jungkook was silent for a while as he continued massaging my legs, moving his hands to my thigh, which was doing something to me, but as I felt myself getting turned on, he stopped.

"Alright, let's go eat. If we have time today, we will look at pianos. If not, I'll have Taehyung recommend one; he could maybe help teach you sometimes too if you want. If not, we can pay for classes, or no pressure if you want to practice on your own."

He gets up from the bed and pulls me up. "You would seriously get me a piano?" I asked in shock.

"Name something I wouldn't get you if you wanted it?" He questioned, hugging me.

I thought about it, and besides loyalty, I couldn't think of anything.

Jungkook releases his hold on me and looks me up and down, "I hate that you are losing so much weight. Come, let's go eat."

I silently rolled my eyes and followed. I guess maybe that's why he wasn't attracted to me anymore. I had loss too much weight—something I didn't know how to gain back.

*******

Jungkook had gone above and beyond with preparing me breakfast. We ate in the garden, and he surprised me with a new fountain, with lots of fishes, something I had told him a few years back that would look nice in the garden. I didn't know how long the fishes would last, but I fell in love with it.

He told me Jae would be spending the night with Namjoon, and the day would be ours to relax and celebrate or anniversary.

He surprised me with a diamond enhancer wedding ring, along with a resized wedding band. And he had the lake house my father had left behind for me remodeled.

I also surprised him with the boathouse I had gotten upgraded for him, it was something special to him, gifted to him by his grandfather. It's how he got into boating and fishing.

The day felt special; it reminded me of the love I have for him. The love that never died on my end, but something I wasn't sure if it remained the same for him. It was hard to tell.  And As if our day wasn't enough, it ended with us having dinner on his favorite yacht and making love, the same one I was sure we conceived Jae on. Also, where I lost my virginity to him. We had a lot of memories there. Memories I held onto, hoping our marriage would last.

As we laid together in bed after making love, he held my body close to his and kept kissing me, making me cry. It felt good to feel loved by him; I just wished it lasted longer than just tonight.

Jungkook wipes my tears and looks at, "babe, what's wrong?"

"I- I don't know. I feel like you here, and then I feel like you are not."

Jungkook sighs and sat upon the bed. "I'm sorry if I make you feel alone at times. I know with work I have been neglecting my role as your husband, I've been neglecting my role as a father too, and I am working on it. I'm trying to do better, but know that I don't want our marriage to fail. I love you and only you, always and forever. Keep trusting in me and us, and please don't give up on me."

And just like that, I was back buried deep. He had given me hope, and I was going to hold onto it.