2. Hope

A/N: It's likely a lot of you will disagree with Jin's thought process, but you are here to read, not to judge. It's unfortunate, but a lot of us think this way too.

Seokjin's Pov:

I look my appearance over, making sure I looked decent. In the mornings where my husband wasn't home, I did not care much for how I looked, but whenever he was home, I tried putting in some effort.

When I woke up he was already gone from the bed, knowing him, he probably was downstairs with our son preparing him his favorite meal of the day. Jae woke up very early, he was a morning person, very much like his father. I did not connect with them on that level; I love sleeping in my bed until late. I could sleep until midday if you allowed me, but that was something which rarely happens, being a parent changes things in your life.

If Jae woke up at six in the morning, then so did I. Unless, his father was home or didn't have to go to work. Jungkook would keep him busy for me, which Jae preferred. He and his father had a strong bond; they mimicked one another in almost everything. He was Jungkook's mini twin, and everyone around us knew it.

It was part of the reason why I coped in my marriage. I haven't told anyone that I know my husband has been cheating on me, one it was embarrassing, and two, I didn't want to hear the famous, "I told you so."

My friends had their concerns about me marrying young, but at the time, I felt I had no choice. I got pregnant young, my parents had sent me away to the university to study, to become a doctor, but instead of focusing on that, I ended up pregnant. To say they were disappointed was an understatement. My father did not talk to me for more than a year; one of the hardest times of my life as he was my best friend.

I had met Jungkook during the first month of my freshman year in college. He came there as a guest speaker, and he had given a remarkable speech, one that had stuck with me. Honestly, everything about him that day stuck with me, his charming looks, voice, his smile, the way he held everyone's attention. His presence was commanding, and he knew it, he was confident, and there was no doubt about it.

However, even though I thought these things about him, I didn't try to engage him into a conversation as the other students had, I was a shy college boy, and no match for someone like him. Plus, I was afraid I would make a fool of myself.

After his session had ended, there was time for Q&A, which I participated in, he didn't have time to answer my question though. He took the names of the people whose question he didn't have time to answer their question, urging us to email our question's stating his secretary or him would respond to us.

I didn't think my question was necessary to be asked afterward, so I never emailed it to him. I left it alone and carried on. Surprisingly two months later, I met him in a book store, where I was working part-time, he was there to support his best friend at his book signing event. And to my surprise he spoke to me, he didn't remember me, which wasn't surprising. I, however, informed him that I saw him before and explained that I was one of the students during his presentation.

We chatted for a long time, almost the entire time of his friend's book signing event, which looking back was rude of us. I leaned behind his confident demeanor; he had a sense of humor and seemed pretty down to earth. Also, gather there was a five years age gap between us, which meant nothing to me at the moment.

Until he suggested we go out for coffee. He told me he had been enjoying our conversation and would like for us to continue if we could. Of course, I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity, I enjoyed our conversation as well, and I kind of wanted to get to know him better. Not thinking though anything would come of it, but hidden beneath my doubts, I also had a slight gleam of hope.