1. I Know

A/N: So this book was initially published on my back-up account, but I have decided to add it here, and change the ship, and the title. It will be a thought-provoking book and probably have some not liking certain things within it, but the read will be enjoyable for those who give it a chance.

Seokjin's Pov:

"Appa, can I go into to pool?" Jaejoon jumps down on my bed, almost making my laptop fall from my hands.

"Yes, but later, once I am finished with school work, you can."

He plops his head on the bed, "You are taking forever, can I go by myself?"

I reach over to him and pull him to me, "I will be done soon, let me submit this, and then we can go swimming together, okay?" tousling my fingers through his hair, I smile at him hoping he would agree with me.

"Okay, can I go get ready then?"

"Yes, you can." he reaches up and kisses me on the cheek happily then slides off the bed, disappearing out of my room.

I smiled to myself and picked my laptop up and resumed working on my paper that I had to submit before midnight tonight. I wished I had spent more time yesterday working on my paper, but because of Jaejoon, I ended up postponing it. I couldn't allow that to happen today, or I would most certainly get a failing grade in the class.

Something I refused to have happened, I had worked too hard to get back into school to miss this opportunity to focus on my studies. I had dropped out at school at the age of nineteen after finding myself pregnant with Jaejoon. It took me five years to decide to go back and focused on school again. I did not expect for it to take me so long, but life happens, the only good thing is I was now back in school. It was my first month in, but it was a start.

After concluding the paper, I submitted it to the online portal and checked to make sure I didn't have any upcoming assignments due. I was struggling with the online portal and felt as though sometimes the professor was not updating the announcement board on a timely basis. However, she did point out to me that I was not attending the weekly live sessions, something I wasn't aware that was happening. I guess it is me who was having issues with navigating the site.

Thankfully there were no upcoming assignments, so I signed off, closed the laptop, and placed it into the night table drawer to the side of my bed and got out of bed. As I stood up, I looked across the room into the mirror and cringed at how messy my hair and attire was. I was still in my pajamas with my robe wrapped around me; it was how I spent most of my mornings and afternoon. I didn't know why I was even surprised at my appearance.

Walking to the bathroom connected to the bedroom, and towards my side of the vanity. I groomed my hair and added some sunscreen to my face. I was almost sure that Jae would want to go into the outside pool, and the one thing I hated was sunburns and tan lines.

"I am ready now." Jae peaks his head into the bathroom, looking at me, smiling wide.

"Okay, Appa is ready too."

"You are not swimming?" he looked me up and down, clearly confused.

"No, I decided that I will have you swim, and I will watch," I told him as I walked past him and into my room. Picking up my tablet from the dresser so that I could read while outside.

Jae didn't say anything, but ran ahead of me, running down three flights of stairs as if it was nothing. I shook my head in amazement of how hyper he was. I could never get down the stairs so quickly, maybe when I was younger, but now, not a chance.

When I eventually got outside in the backyard, Jae was standing by the pool gate, waiting impatiently as he tapped his hand against the gate. "This is why you should've waited." I chuckled as he pouts, and entered the password to the gate, which was installed because of him. If not, he would jump into the pools without supervision, and that's something that could not happen. Although he had learned to swim, he was still my baby that requires monitoring.

The gate didn't open wide enough before Jae slid his tiny self through the opening and runs off to the pool, jumping right in, creating a big splash. I was happy the distance from the pool to the lounge chairs or else I would've certainly got wet.

Taking my spot at my favorite lounge chair, where I could stay out of the sun, yet keep an eye on Jae, I turned on my tablet and surfed my reading list, and scrolled to the latest book I found myself addicted to.

"I am going on the slide," Jae screams out to me, and I move the tablet from in front of my eyes to look at him. He was climbing up the steps to go on the slide. Taking my phone out the pocket of my robe, I zoomed the camera on him and snapped a picture of him as he slides down. He looked so happy, and it made me happy.

*****

"What are you cooking?" Jae asked curiously while sitting on the kitchen counter and trying to look over at the stove.

"I am making chicken, beans, and rice." I watch as he makes the yucky face.

"I don't like beans."

"Appa knows, but you don't have to eat the beans, only the chicken and rice, okay?" his face broke out into a smile. "Okay, can I fix the table?"

"No, it's okay we are going to eat in the kitchen around the island."

"But what about daddy, he likes when we eat at the table."

I turned off the stove and walked over to him, "daddy is going to be late today, so we will eat without him, but guess what?" I said, trying to cheer him up as I saw the sadness on his face.

"What?"

"He will make you breakfast tomorrow." his face immediately broke out into a smile. "Really?"

"Yes, now come down and go clean up your hands so we can eat." I lift him down from the counter and place him on the ground.

While he went to wash his hand, I served his dinner into his spiderman plate and prepared my own too. Not forgetting to grab him his favorite drink and myself a glass of wine.

When he came back, we sat and ate together, and I listened to him talk about all the things he wanted to do with his friends when he returned to school.

*****

It was three in the morning when I woke up the shower running in the bathroom. I turned on my side and ignored it, falling back asleep, but not for long as about thirty minutes later, I felt my husband's arms wrapped around me and pulling me close.

"You are home," I whispered, resting my hands on top of his.

"I thought you were sleeping, and yes, my flight got in late."

"Okay," I responded and closed my eyes.

"Everything okay?" I felt him lean in closer, his breath on my neck.

"Yes, everything is fine. Happy to have you home, you were missed."

"I wanted to make it home for dinner; I really did, but-"

"It's okay, don't worry about it, it happens." I rub his hand as I tried reassuring him.

I didn't want to hear the excuses or the lies he was going to tell me tonight. I know what he was doing, and I know where he was at. He pretends his travels were all about work, but I knew better than that, I know what he does when he is not home.

Jungkook and I have been married for five years, and three out of the five he has been cheating, at least to what I know. I can't speak for what I didn't know.

Every time he came home like this and lied, it broke me, but each day I was getting more used to it.