4. Interview

Seokjin's Pov:

I felt nervous as I sat down, waiting to be interviewed for the job opening at the music store. That day when Jungkook left me at home, I didn't delay to apply. I needed something else to keep my mind going, and a job was it.

If I get this job, I will no longer need to be at home, while Jae is at school. Based on the posting, I would still get Monday's and Friday's at home, which was perfect, especially considering I had a problem waking up in the mornings. Monday's were never my favorite days to do anything.

Yet, unfortunately, I had to wake up extra early this morning to drop Jae to school and arrive here on time. Jungkook, as usual, was out of the house before any of us.

"Kim Seokjin?" an older lady that I signed in with walked out from the room she had walked into and called my name.

"Yes?"

"Follow me please, Mr. Min would like to see you." I let out a deep breath and pulled myself together, gathering my resume and followed her. What I thought was a room had been only a long hallway; we walked to almost the end of it, and then she stopped to our right, knocking on the door which had a sign next to it, Min Yoongi. I guess he was the owner of this place, or maybe a manager. I didn't really know, but I assume I would soon find out.

She knocked at the door, and a low voice responded, almost too low for me to hear anything, "go on in." she gave me a smile and walked away.

I looked at her back as she walked down the hallway and then back at the door, taking a deep breath, I turned the knob and walked in. Falling shocked almost instantly as I made eye contact with the man sitting behind the desk.

I looked down at my outfit, and back at him, it seemed I was well overdressed for the interview.

"Name?" he spoke, catching me off guard.

"Huh?"

"Name, do you have one?"

"Oh, I am sorry, I am Kim Seokjin, excuse my manners." I bowed and walked over to him, taking a seat as he motions for me too, and handed him my resume.

He looked at it and hands it back to me. "I reviewed your resume that you submitted online. I see you have no musical skills, but you do have some experience in working inventory, managing the books', keeping track of schedules and orders, and co-managing a book store. This is something I need, but I am worried that your lack of knowledge for music might not work. And it seems you have not had a job for a very long time."

I rubbed my hands together and looked over at him, aside from his weird sense of style, he seemed somewhat young and was an indeed a handsome man. I was hoping for an older boss, maybe someone who possibly had life experiences that could understand my gap in employment, and give me a chance.

"You are right, I have little to no musical skills. However, I used to play the piano back in elementary and did compete in a few recitals. I can tell you that although I have been unemployed for some time, I still consider myself to be an asset. When I saw this job posting, it felt familiar, the job description is very similar to what I did while working at the book store, I worked at in high school, and also the one I worked at for a short period a few years back. I am honestly not applying for a job because of the money, therefore, if you believe my skills are lacking and would like to give me the opportunity at a discounted salary, I will take it.

I am sure, with time, I can prove to you that I am capable of doing the job at hand without a musical background."

He leaned his head to the side, his tongue washed over his lips, and he stared at me. "If you are not applying for the money, why else are you applying for this job?"

"I am looking to improve my skills, and I am currently in school, so a job as such will be best for me. I don't have the time to apply for something full-time either due to other responsibilities."

He clicked his tongue at the roof of his mouth, making a popping noise and leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest, "How is your technical skills, we use a lot of software, especially to track our inventory and do our invoicing."

"H-honestly, I am not great with technology, but I am a fast learner. If given a chance, I can prove it too."

He sat up his chair, leaned forward onto the desk, and stared me in the eyes, his stare was blank, yet intense, "You are honest, I like that. I think I would be okay with giving you a chance-"

"Really?" I clasped my hand over my mouth as soon as I realized I had cut him off.

"Yes, but don't get too excited, because if I find you are not working out, I will not hesitate to fire you."

"I completely understand. Also, before we make anything official, I would like to be transparent and let you know that I cannot work overtime, and I can only work the specified time in the job posting."

He frowned and looked at me, "no overtime whatsoever? While I don't foresee you working overtime, I still require some flexibility."

I sighed and looked around the room, it would be hard for me to commit to overtime, "how often would this be?"

"Maybe once a month, or twice every two weeks, it depends on business demands."

I thought about it for a moment, maybe Jimin could pick Jae up from school for me if needed. I couldn't possibly ask Jungkook-

"Alright, let's commit to the specified schedule. I will get someone to work overtime if needed," he says, surprising me.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am. I can see you are struggling with deciding if you can, and you were honest with me about it, which I admire. I did post the job with those hours, which is why you applied, so let's stick to it. Tonight I will send you an email with the job details and offer, review, sign, and return if you accept. If you have any questions, email or call me." He pushed his card towards me.

I got so emotional hearing that I had gotten the job. I wanted to jump for joy, but I contained myself.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Min, I really appreciate it." I stood up and bowed to him.

He stood up and walk around to where I was, "let's work well together, Seokjin." he said, extending his hand out to me.

I shook it without hesitation, and as I was tried pulling away, he held my hand, "I am not the one to hold my tongue, so I will say this, I find you very attractive, and I look forward to working with you."

He freed my hand, and my eyes widen. I look down at my fingers to realize I wasn't wearing my ring, I had been so nervous, and all over the place this morning, it seemed I left it on the bathroom vanity. I cursed myself immediately.

"I am married." I blurted out, turning to face him.

He smirked, "I didn't ask."