8. Confrontation

Seokjin's Pov:

My heart couldn't hurt any more than it was hurting. Today marked three years since my father has passed away, and Jungkook was not at home. He didn't call, and he didn't take any of my calls either.

I called his office number, as well as his work cell and nothing. I spent the day hopeful nonetheless telling myself he would come home, he had to, he always did, he never left me on days like these, he knew what today means to me.

My father and I never really got back our relationship to how it was after I got pregnant, while he had warmed up to me and was a part of Jae's life before he passed away, he never looked at me the same. He was disappointed in me, for getting pregnant and for getting married young.

He had worked hard so I could live comfortably, he had paid for my tuition, my stay at school. He had made it easy for me. He believed in me; I was on the right track until I messed it up. This is something I never forgave myself for; to this day, I live with guilt because I know I was to be blamed for how our relationship turned out.

Even though he had grown to like Jungkook, I don't think he ever fully accepted him for me, and because of that, I would always defend Jungkook. I guess it's why I am punishing the way I am now too, I mean look at me, today is the day my father passed away, and instead of thinking and focusing on the memories I had with him, my thoughts are clouded by my husband.

"Appa, can I have ice cream?" Jae runs into my room and asks.

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Are you crying?" he climbs on the bed and looks at me. "Do you miss daddy too?"

"N-no baby, I am not crying, but yes, I miss your father."

Jae scoots towards me and lays his head on my chest. "Daddy said he is coming tomorrow. He is taking me to a basketball game with uncle Namjoon and uncle Taehyung."

I stroke my hand through his hair and smile, "That's nice, I am sure you will have fun." at least he knew more about his father than I did.

Jae hummed in agreement; he surprised me by staying in the room, no longer leaving to get ice cream, but instead, he fell asleep on my chest. It was rare for him to fall asleep with me, even when his father was away, he slept in his bed.

In the beginning, when Jungkook started traveling and be out more, I would make Jae sleep next to me, but as he got older, he didn't want to. The only time he spent time in my mind was when he needed something or if his father was home.

They usually lay in bed and watched sports together. I am sometimes worried if I ever found the guts to leave; would Jae prefer to be with Jungkook or me, and based on what I knew, I think he would choose Jungkook, and that bothers me.

I stayed up until midnight waiting for a sign from Jungkook, but he never called or came home.

Everyone had reached out to me that knew what the day meant to me. Even Yoongi had texted me, telling me he hoped the day wasn't too hard me and offered that if I wanted someone to talk to, I could always text him.

I felt so empty and broken that I never responded to anyone, except for my mother, I did talk with her, and as usual, I lied and told her Jungkook was home with me.

I didn't eat; I couldn't even if I wanted to, I was feeling sick to my stomach. I know I had given a blind eye to Jungkook cheating, but I don't think I could ever forgive him for today.

****

It was four in the morning when I woke up hearing movements in the room. When I looked around, Jae wasn't on the bed. I wondered if he had woken up and left to his room, but that thought left my mind as Jungkook walked into the room.

"Oh, you are awake. I put Jae to bed." He smiled at me and came onto the bed. His hair was wet, and he was in boxers, which meant he had been home for a while.

"I have some good news, which I think will make you very happy."

I looked at him, smiling at me and I got angry, how could he possibly be smiling at me? And did he think there was anything that he could say to make me happy right now?

"Am I a joke to you?"

Jungkook smile fades, and he looked at me, puzzled, "Babe, what are you talking about?" he reached for my hand, and I pulled away from him.

"D-don't touch me!" I screamed at him.

He seemed taken back, and stood up, "What the hell is going on, why are you acting like this, and can you not yell, Jae, is sleeping."

"Of course, as usual, only Jae matters, and only you. Do you even remember what was yesterday, Jungkook?"

He looked confused, then his eyes widen, "Fuck, Jin, baby, I am so sorry." he walked around the bed and towards where I was standing.

"Don't come any closer please, just stop." I placed my hand out towards him; I didn't want him near me.

"Jin, listen to me, I-"

"Please stop!" I screamed at him; I didn't want to hear the lies. I tried walking past him, but he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him.

I pushed at his chest as I started crying, but he wouldn't let me go. "Let me go, please."

"No, talk to me, Seokjin. I am sorry about yesterday; I fucked up. I had so much going on; I lost track of what day it was." He released his hold on me and tried wiping my tears, but I moved away from him.

"Did you lose track of how many times I called you too? Why do you keep doing this? Why do you keep lying to me? Tell me the truth, d-do you even love me anymore?"

"How could you ask me that? Of course, I love you, you are my fucking world, Seokjin, you and Jae, my entire life revolves around the both of you, and I know I have a messed up way of showing it at times, but I am really trying Jin. Everything, every fucking thing I do has been for us. You have no idea what I go through or what I am enduring to keep this family going. Yes, I am guilty I missed yesterday, I fucked up, and I am sorry, but how can you doubt that I love you?

I didn't get any of your calls if you called me, I was on a 15-hour flight trying to make it back home, do you think I would see you calling me and ignore you?"

I wanted to believe him, but I was struggling. "T-tell me something then, a-are you cheating on me?"

Jungkook shocks me by laughing, "So not only do you have doubts that I love you, but you think I am cheating? Is this why you have been depressing yourself around the house?"

"A-are you?" my heart was beating fast in my chest, I knew it, but then I didn't want him to confirm it.

"I am not going to answer that, and I am even offended you would ask me something like that. You are trying to destroy our marriage, and I am not going to allow you to do that." Jungkook storms out of the room, slamming the door.

***

A/N: Errors, I will fix later. Thanks for enjoying this.