9. His Truth

Jungkook's Pov:

"Another one." I shoved the empty glass towards the bartender.

I looked around at the almost empty lounge; I guess it was either too late or earlier for members to be here. This was one of my favorite places; it was a private lounge in one of the most elite hotels in the heart of Seoul.

The bar ran twenty-four sevens, for VIP members, which I always found useful, especially at an hour like this.

I played with the ring on my finger and watched as the bartender poured me another round, I had lost count how many I had since I had been sitting here. Over the past three years, drinking had been a numbing medicine for me; I rarely got drunk from drinking any more.

"It better be a fucking emergency for you to wake me out of my bed so early, and why are you even here, didn't you get home today?" Namjoon questions as he sits down next to me and signals to the bartender to prepare his usual.

I drown the new glass of liquor before turning to face Namjoon. "It is an emergency, and you called it. Which makes this even more fucked up."

"What are you talking about? Did you lose the deal in New York, I thought it was pretty solid, I mean even though I said my shit, I still think-"

"Jin knows I cheated."

Namjoon dropped the glass he was holding, spilling his drink over the bar counter. "Shit, sorry." he apologized to the bartender who told him it was okay and started cleaning up his mess.

"Let's go talk in private," Namjoon says, signaling to me.

I sighed and requested another drink before following behind him. When I sat down in one of the private booths, Namjoon looked at me and shook his head, "this is a fucking emergency. How did he find out?"

"I don't know. I was so shocked; I walked out on him."

"I warned you, Jungkook. I told you to stop; I knew this would happen. I am even surprised it took him this long to find out."

Namjoon ran his hand through his hair and looked at me as he was feeling what I was feeling.

"I did stop, though."

"When?"

"Right before our anniversary, I ended things, and I was planning on staying local after I closed the deal in New York this week, which I did, and I found a Regional Lead to take care of things there. I planned to work on our marriage, but now I am hit with this, I don't know what to do." I knew one day this would catch up to me, but I didn't think it would be now.

"So where does this leave the two of you, does he want a divorce?"

My heart dropped as soon as Namjoon mentioned divorce; he knew how I felt about that. "I didn't admit it. He asked, and I guess you could say I avoided the question."

"I don't know how you are going to fix this, and are you sure you ended things with that guy?"

I looked at Namjoon and rolled my eyes, "what reason would I have to lie to you? Of course, I ended it. I kind of assumed Jin knew, but I wasn't sure until he confirmed it, he hinted something recently, but I blew it off, thinking he was moody. But, I guess it is all adding up now, it even makes sense why his sudden urge to return to school and get a job."

"Oh shit, he is going to ask for a divorce."

"We are not getting a divorce," I told Namjoon without hesitation.

"What happens if he asks for one, I mean I don't even think Hoseok would stay married to me if he knew I cheated, which I pray he never finds out either. Luckily I ended that years ago, though."

"I don't care what happens or what he asks; we are not getting a divorce. I am going to work on fixing our marriage."

"You mean fix you?" Namjoon commented while laughing.

"Oh shut up, I might have cheated, but he contributed to this as well, one year, one fucking year, that's how long he neglected me for."

Namjoon face twisted into a frown, and immediately knew what he was going to say, "his father died Jungkook, he was having a hard time."

"And you don't think I know that! I was there with him every day, and I kept our marriage going, I did everything for our son, who needed him. We lost a fucking child because of it, so don't tell me, he was having a hard time, I fucking know he was, and I was too!" I got so angry remembering the things that happened that year, the things I had to stay silent about so Jin could grieve.

Namjoon didn't say anything; he only looked at me. I guess it's all he could do, he knew my pain and all the secrets within my home, he knew the ins and out of my marriage. He was the first person I called when I found out Jin was pregnant with our son, when I didn't know what to do, he helped direct me.

"Did you guys ever talk about the miscarriage?" Namjoon asked, finally breaking the silence.

"What do you think? Don't you think I would've told you if we did, he has avoided since the day it happened up to this day." Not once has he ever allowed us to talk about it.

"Maybe he blocked it away; it could've been too much for him to handle, you know losing his father and a baby."

"And what about me? I didn't lose a father, yes, I get that, and I am not trying to downplay his pain, but we lost a child, my baby, our baby, and every year since then I have to honor his father passing away, but not our fucking child because he chose to block it away? Does that make sense to you?"

"No, no, it doesn't."

"I didn't think so either."