Chapter 72: Preparations

Start from the beginning

In the midst of this vast land, a towering prison, Fort Tartarus, was built. Its defences were beyond that of Snyke's, not only was it near impossible to escape the prison itself, but the land that surrounded it was a scorching desert with bloodthirsty mutant reptile-fish roaming around.

Anyone attempting a breakout would need access to an aerial vehicle, and the space on top of the prison, a place reserved for staff and authorised guests.

The prison had nine floors, each for different levels of criminal, and was said to be the recreation of the Underworld.

Chapter had made up his mind. On the first of January, his infiltration of Fort Tartarus would begin.

Underneath the Terminus Sea, the Whale was on its way to its next destination. Redfish and Bluefish were reading the news on their computer screens, looking out mostly for information about potential competition in the Terminus.

"You two are reading with attentive eyes," said Disco. "Have you found something interesting?"

"There was a breakout at Snyke's Penitentiary," said Bluefish.

Beardfish had been drinking coffee, but at that news, spat it out of his mouth. It landed on Grouper's face, as he had been sitting across from the old man.

"So, does that mean our old boss Barracuda is free?" asked Piranha. "Though I wonder if he even cares about that name anymore... well, if it's meant to be, we will find out."

"Look, I think we were just meant to be here, having our fun and adventure," said Disco.

"We've been to Merstranger Island, Lincoln Island, and The Black Forest, what are we even doing at this point?" asked Guitarfish.

"We are circumventing the currents of the Terminus by sailing in the still waters between them. We are doing something never done by a submarine before, at least not in any history book I know of," said Disco.

"Anyway, I wanna hear more about this breakout," said John Dory. "Who got out?"

"Everyone. That includes Salvador, James Baron, and Gate Fredericks," said Redfish.

"Wait, when did James Baron get captured?" asked Piranha.

"He sailed to the prison in order to breakout Crock Turnbull," explained Bluefish.

"Wait, the old guy that defeated Salvador? He got captured?" asked Disco, shocked.

"Yep, apparently he's the same Crock that travelled this ocean twenty-odd years ago," said Redfish.

"He's got a new bounty of six-hundred million," said Bluefish.

The Rough-House Pirates continued to discuss the newfound information, and came to the conclusion that the Detective's crew were the real deal.

On a certain island in the Terminus, Marcus and Bullseye French had been stranded for months after their plane crashed and a family of farmers had taken them in.

"Hey, Marcus," said a teenage girl dressed in farm clothes.

"Look, I know your parents don't mind, but it bothers me that you hang around us so much," said Marcus.

"They saw you crash by the oil lake, and saw fit to save you from the oil monster. It made them unpopular with the city folk. Now I don't hang around you 'cause you're interesting or any thing like that, I hang around 'cause I want to know what you're even doing here."

"Well Gernie, we were flying to Farewell Island, to catch a pirate and claim the reward," said Bullseye.

"Yes, but the oil monster doesn't attack random flyers-by. You two have something odd about you, and I'm suspicious."