Chapter 25: The Million

James and his crew watched as Crock took down thousands of alien soldiers by himself. After James instructed his crew to be ready for a fight, Cameron drew his bow, Karnilla laid her bag down and pulled out her chain, and everyone else assumed a defensive stance.

James thought about trying out the multiplication technique that Crock had just demonstrated. He started with a base of four-strength, and multiplied it by three-strength. He was pleasantly surprised when he successfully achieved twelve-strength, and then proceeded to use the technique Sole-less Ricochet to launch himself towards the enemy fighters, and then used the technique Bullet Skeleton to ram through them, taking down about fifty soldiers at once.

After doing so, he found himself surrounded by fighters. He used Quills of the Echidna, a technique involving rapidly punching in every direction and inflicting paralysing pain upon the targets. This proved more effective, as he began to mow down hundreds of soldiers per second.

Brandon was perched on the roof of a building when hundreds of soldiers stood below him, shouting in an alien tongue. He looked straight at them, without hesitation. He opened his eyes fully to draw the soldiers' attention to them. However, what they would not have guessed is that his stare was potent. He possessed the ability to intimidate his opponent. When the fighters looked directly into his eyes, they were frozen with fear. Shortly thereafter, they shut down due to being unable to process that fear, much to Brandon's surprise.

Cameron ran around the southern shores of the island. He drew his bow and shot from it special arrows that he had found in the weapons stockpile. He aimed to hit as many soldiers as he could while avoiding all attacks.

Karnilla assumed a defensive position as she lifted her chain above her head and began to swing it.

"Viper Chain: Fang Scratch!" said Karnilla, as she swung the chain at the soldiers. The trap at the end scratched at them as it flew around before coming back to rest on her shoulder.

"I'm just glad James let me get some practice with this thing, otherwise I might have hurt myself just as badly as I hurt those guys." She looked around at the hordes of soldiers still approaching, and smiled wickedly. "Alright, who's next?"

Persimmon stood in an alleyway, thinking about how exactly to approach this situation. He remembered his culinary training and the very odd course on flavour fighting. Yes, that ought to do the trick, he thought to himself. He charged into the fighters and once adequately surrounded by them, crouched down and thought to himself: the chef who plays with fire will get burned, but the chef who uses fire can cook whatever he needs to. He pulled a matchbox out of his pocket and drew a match. After striking it against the side of the matchbox, he spun around and lightly touched the match against the surrounding soldiers. He then spun around a second time, this time using his other hand to create a breeze that would snuff the fire out.

"Not to worry, your midsections have been cooked to perfection. But come any closer, and I'll show you just how heated things can get."

During the month spent aboard the Psychic, Patricia had learned how to best observe, and so she thought it a sensible idea to go to the top of the clock tower. When she arrived there, she met with the three androids. She remembered that they had said they were there to help. She explained that she was an exceptional lookout, and so they agreed to let her go up to the top, as long as she gave them adequate warning of approaching forces.

She took the elevator that Amperes and Halberd had come out of to the top of the clock tower. As she was going up, she thought to herself: Wait, this place has an elevator?