Chapter 72: Preparations

The Detective Pirates set sail on the eighth of October, with all eleven of their crew members in tow, plus Crock's old friend, Munge. The time had come to discuss her future plans.

"Well, I was searching for Alessandra, but now that I think about it, Duddlewane would be a great place to start," said Munge. "That would mean going to the Terminus."

"You should come with us then, nutmeg," said Crock.

"You would invite me, wouldn't you?"

"Look, you're a stranger to me," said James. "But if you know as much about navigation as my mother did, it might be helpful having you around."

"Well, I know how to navigate the Terminus. Crock can tell you all about it," said Munge.

As the Detective crew discussed whether or not Munge should join them, Rudikan Sender met with the high-ranking Navy and Army officers.

"Listen up, we have news of every prisoner that broke free from Snyke's Penitentiary yesterday. This is a total of exactly nine thousand, nine hundred and eighty seven.

"The records say ten thousand, but that is simply an estimate, and not exact numbers.

"Due to the sheer volume of escaped prisoners, it would be quite the undertaking to reassign bounties to all of them.

"Therefore, our focus will be on important individuals, who were known to be instrumental in this escape."

The following bounties were then issued, among others:

Bluebeard: Five hundred million onits.

Discharge: Two hundred million.

Gate Fredericks: Seven hundred and twenty five million.

Salvador Kings: One hundred and fifty million.

Zephyr: One billion.

Laura Frankenstein: Eight hundred million.

Winona Savvy: Nine hundred million.

James Baron: Seven hundred million.

Crock Turnbull: Six hundred million.

Munge: Five hundred million.

"As you can see from these new numbers, Indigo International alumni are considered the most dangerous, followed by those of the Gentleman's Club. The most dangerous pirate however, the one we can no longer afford to ignore, is Gate Fredericks."

"Mister Sender, sir, what of James Baron and his crew?" asked Esther 'Whistler' Maddock.

"Collectively, they pose a great threat. James is travelling with Crock Turnbull and Munge, two troublemakers from a previous era. The crew's total bounty is currently three billion onits."

By a unanimous decision, Munge was welcomed into the Detective Pirates, as their navigator. As they sailed on toward the Gogh Strait, the crew began their most rigorous training regimen yet. James was determined to push his limits, and the rest of the crew felt the same way.

Chapter had been meditating in a cave for the past day, with the intent of searching himself for the next move.

I have been planning something, I am a part of something, what am I, I know where I am going.

Half of the world was covered in oceans, these were the Seven Seas: Phobos, Hephaestus, Atlas, Hermes, North, South, and Terminus. The Seven Seas were surrounded by two massive continents: Pallanos and Theminos. On the other half of the world, a massive expanse of dry land, the Dry Half. This anomalous desert was sometimes called the Tartarus Sea or the Hades Sea, though neither were particularly common.